News Jnr Rioli - He’s back.

Remove this Banner Ad

I understand your point of view, but this kind of timeframe on a doping infraction is quite normal.

Lets not forget that Willie has/had the opportunity to ask for an expedited hearing and he has chosen to do that.

The club probably should be reaching out for an expedited hearing now. If corona blows over in say 12-months - then the hearing takes place - it would open the opportunity to add that time to the ban (as potentially he has missed 2 matches, Geelong and Melbourne).

If they can get it heard while there is still uncertainty I think in many ways it might be a better thing.

Pretty sure the Pandemic should help facilitate a speedier outcome due to, as already stated, less if any tests being done. Social distancing should put a stop on this across the board.
They aren't testing for or trying to find a cure for covid-19 are they?

Are they still employed and have jobs to do? If so what?

Feet dragging of the highest order IMO.

Maybe i am missing something but the timing of a trial isnt a huge issue because he's still comfortably within the timeframe of any sentence

Most likely outcome is that he gets 2 years or whatever and he's already served 18 months by the time ASADA finally get their s**t together, just like what happed with Murray:

I dont remember hearing about this one?

But if he was done May last year then Willies case should be heard pretty soon then.

I dont remember hearing about this one?

But if he was done May last year then Willies case should be heard pretty soon then.

That took ten months even though he essentially pleaded guilty and avoided a hearing, and only made submissions about the penalty.

And didn’t have the complication of a tampering charge.

We're not Geelong you know
Were are geelong
The shittest team of all
Forcing our kids
To stay and play football
We are a bunch of insensitive pricks
Who wont let kids go awaaaaaay
dont care if special needs
Couldnt give a faaaaark
Youll play at kardinia paaaark

ASADA are clearly a bunch of arrogant incompetent knobheads who feel they operate well above the league, teams and especially players. To have taken this long without any explanation is just not good enough and the AFL needs to grow some and cut these turkeys adrift. What the hell is wrong with these people?

ASADA are clearly a bunch of arrogant incompetent knobheads who feel they operate well above the league, teams and especially players. To have taken this long without any explanation is just not good enough and the AFL needs to grow some and cut these turkeys adrift. What the hell is wrong with these people?

No ASADA, no Fed funding to the game.

Brayden Crossley gets 12 months for Cocaine metabolites being in system on match day.

He tested positive 11 months ago. Highly doubtful we will hear anything about Willie until June or July.

Interestingly, just like Willie he was facing up to four years out of the game due to his infraction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brayden Crossley gets 12 months for Cocaine metabolites being in system on match day.

He tested positive 11 months ago. Highly doubtful we will hear anything about Willie until June or July.

Interestingly, just like Willie he was facing up to four years out of the game due to his infraction.

timing looks right.

In a statement released on Tuesday, the AFL said: "In imposing the 12-month sanction, the AFL accepted that Mr Crossley’s Anti-Doping Rule Violation was not intentional, and that Mr Crossley bore No Significant Fault or Negligence within the meaning of that term under the Code."

The above is interesting (no way Willie gets the same leniency, nor should he) - but not sure how it can not be at least negligent to have a metabolite in your system on gameday - unless you can prove a spiked drink or similar. If (assuming he did) he used cocaine in the days/weeks prior to a game that is surely at least negligent?

Anyway, maybe there is a glimmer of hope that Willie can argue a lack of understanding of the rules (or a lack of understanding of who was testing - as if he thought it was the AFL under their strike policy that is a different framework to ASADA) and then be at 'no significant fault or negligence' too (and that his tampering wasn't an intention to tamper with the result - just out of frustration). No doubt a long shot - but worth a try...

I would be both shocked and surprised if Willie got anything like four years - I think there would be general outrage if this happened. The suspensions need to be partly 'political' because they need to have some general support to keep the system going. Two years should be absolute maximum, hopefully with six months suspended.

The media keep trotting out the maximum penalty because it makes a more colourful and hyped 'story', ten years for this, $50,000 fine for that etc., but it virtually never happens. Quoting the maximum penalty all the time keeps everybody on edge, which it does successfully, it seems to me a journalistic technique.

Just looking through WADA bans in athletics, there's several cases of "fraudulent substitution of urine" all of which were given 33 months.
If we could get 6 months knocked off that he might still have a career with us.

Just looking through WADA bans in athletics, there's several cases of "fraudulent substitution of urine" all of which were given 33 months.
If we could get 6 months knocked off that he might still have a career with us.
I don't reckon we'd keep him if he got 27 months.
Especially with lists to be shortened.

I'm hoping for 18 months.

Or underfunded and there is simply a high queue of cases to get through.

Agree that it’s ridiculous but not sure if it’s to do with arrogance.

Listed to Tim Kelly on a podcadt and he said he couldn't wait to play with willie and hopes they will hear something soon.

Not specific detail and most likely a throw away line.

But i hope he is right.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back