Past Jordan "I don’t think Sydney fans should be nervous at all" Dawson: Grand Theft Completed, traded 2021 to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Let me clarify.
Not every year.
We should give to the pkayer that came 4th this year as Dawson aint hanging around.
Give Dawson the best homesick player award.
Name it the Anthony Rocca Medal

These are vastly different circumstances to those Rocca faced.

Yeah, you had the PSD which you used......
We played by the rules while Crows got caught cheating. End of the Tippet Saga. The only thing you should be annoyed about is we traded Aliir to your derby nemesis.

Your gain of Dawson is far greater than our loss. We have a team bursting with emerging young talent who will welcome the opportunity for more game time, elite kicks who can be relied upon to perform their role in our team first game plan.

You stand to gain a player raised in the Bloods ethos, a hard two way runner raised in defence and developed in attack, with far more quality than most of your team, one who will immediately click with your ex-Swans coach and work with him to inject some Bloods integrity into your rabble. Your team's cohesion, their intercept marking and kicking skills will all greatly improve. Dawson will lead by example because he knows no other way. If Walker can only keep his racism to himself he will benefit, as will all your forwards, from a barrage deadly balls delivered lace out on a silver platter.

Whatever trade price you find yourselves paying Dawson is worth every penny. At the end of 2022 I hope you'll come back and thanks us. I doubt your opposition will. Of course we'll tell you to f_off.

Don't waste your time whining on our board. Be pleased, be very pleased.

Tell you what, I'm impressed by the memories of these Crows fans to still be cracking the shits about the Tippett saga.

I don't even remember what I had for breakfast, let alone this Kirk Tippett fella.
Some still remember the Neville Fields fiasco in 1977 and it cost the Swans Terry Daniher and every Daniher after that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

NUMBERS SURROUNDING GUN SWAN’S MOVE REVEALED
Wantaway Swans gun Jordan Dawson rejected a lucrative offer from his current club in his decision to seek a trade to the Adelaide Crows and a change of lifestyle.

Dawson is coming off a career-best season but has decided to continue his career in South Australia, with the Crows now needing to get a deal done to secure the talented 24-year-old.

Speaking on AFL Tonight, foxfooty.com.au senior reporter Tom Morris broke down the numbers behind the move.

Jordan Dawson rejected Sydney‘s offer, which was $600,000 per year across five years. That was an increased offer from what they initially put to him,” he said.

“The Adelaide proposal is $650,000 a year for five years, but this isn’t really about money - it’s about his family, his partner going home, him wanting to live in South Australia and wanting to build something from the ground up at the Crows.”

The trade table will prove fascinating between the Swans and Crows for Dawson - something Morris also flagged.

“The Swans are going to want a first rounder. Adelaide’s pick No.4 is what Sydney I’m sure will at least table in the first place but that’s off the table from a Crows perspective as is a future first rounder,” he said.

“I think this trade discussion looms large and could go deep in the trade period. At the moment, they’re clearly a long way apart but there’s a long way to go.”

Wantaway Swans gun Jordan Dawson rejected a lucrative offer from his current club in his decision to seek a trade to the Adelaide Crows and a change of lifestyle.

Dawson is coming off a career-best season but has decided to continue his career in South Australia, with the Crows now needing to get a deal done to secure the talented 24-year-old.

Speaking on AFL Tonight, foxfooty.com.au senior reporter Tom Morris broke down the numbers behind the move.

“Jordan Dawson rejected Sydney‘s offer, which was $600,000 per year across five years. That was an increased offer from what they initially put to him,” he said.

“The Adelaide proposal is $650,000 a year for five years, but this isn’t really about money - it’s about his family, his partner going home, him wanting to live in South Australia and wanting to build something from the ground up at the Crows.”

The trade table will prove fascinating between the Swans and Crows for Dawson - something Morris also flagged.

“The Swans are going to want a first rounder. Adelaide’s pick No.4 is what Sydney I’m sure will at least table in the first place but that’s off the table from a Crows perspective as is a future first rounder,” he said.

“I think this trade discussion looms large and could go deep in the trade period. At the moment, they’re clearly a long way apart but there’s a long way to go.”
This is $50K more than what was reported by Tredrea but it looks like you guys up the price by $100K which forced us too.....you guys deserve at most pick 23 and even pick 37.

You are aware how sh*t Port Power's record against the top 8 teams is under Hinkley and that they had the easiest draw this year, we even have a better record against the top 4 and had a much harder draw compared to them. It wouldn't surprise me if they drop out of the 8 next year with a harder draw for a team who supposedly finish top 4 after their performance in the PF being overwhelming favourite and then begin the decline with sacking of Hinkley and list turnover.

It has been reported by Tredrea we offer Dawson slightly overs with 5 years at $600K compared to your bid of 5 years at $500K and Port Power offer the lowest with 4 years at $500K so don't compare Tippett with Dawson and Port Power didn't even drive up Dawson price and make us pay like all of you guys wanted.
Mate shut up, your team almost came last.

Some that are carrying on here about Dawson should remember how we got Nick Davis from the Pies and the carry on that came with that, it’s what happens in football when players want to go home - swings and roundabouts , love the passion of our supporters sometimes !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2016 GF was the worst footy day of my life following the Swans.
Yes because of the way we lost but mainly because I had a loud mouthed Swan supporter who woulfn't shut up from start to finish no matter how many fellow supporters told him to from before the first bounce to after tbe game.
The worst footy fan I have ever seen & heard including opposition fans in all of my life.
So some Swans fans are my enemies.

Oh good, glad I'm not the only supporter who despises my own clubs supporters at times!

“Jordan Dawson rejected Sydney‘s offer, which was $600,000 per year across five years. That was an increased offer from what they initially put to him,” he said.

We aren't like that and are usually very accommodating to player trade requests i think Dawson blindsided us and we are pissed.

Last edited:
Dawson is an absolutely talented player that the Swans identified late in the draft, nurtured and patiently developed and is now just approaching his peak output. He has the opportunity to be part of a side that is building. It is just disappointing that we are losing him. He has his reasons and that is fine by me. I'm just disappointed he is going and we will probably not get anything like what he's worth at the trade table. It's a bad outcome for us.
He is worth a top ten pick and I'd happily trade a pick between 5-10 for a player of his age and talent.

Dawson is about all money and there is nothing wrong with that, just like Tippett. After all Dawson has taken more money on offer to play at the bottom 4 Crows than Port who are in the top 4.

If he was all about the money then why wouldn't he just explore the best contract with all clubs in the league rather than limiting himself to 3 teams (us, crows and PA)?

We've done our research on the Tippett-gate I think you need to as well......Tippett played us like a fiddle, why do you think the AFL also banned him for half the season for his 3rd party payments of $50K per year for 3 years which if they were declared would have been within the salary cap.
Do you not see the cognitive dissonance of simultaneously banging on about what a s**t bloke Tippett is while also holding such a grudge because we offered pick 22 plus Jesse White?

Would you have preferred you keep a cheat on your list? By that same token, Tippett was damaged goods for whichever team is trading him in. He had averaged less than 2 goals a game in his last 2 seasons at Adelaide and was unavailable for the first half of the following season. Pick 22 alone is an entirely reasonable offer all things considered. You could have just taken that, even if you didn't want White. FYI from that point on White played 71 AFL matches, Tippett played 74.

It's such a staggering thing to still hold such a ridiculous grudge against the Swans for. Trying to compare Tippett and the circumstances surrounding his departure from the Crows to Dawson's from the Swans is seriously laughable. Dawson is younger than Tippett was, doesn't have injury concerns hovering over him like Tippett did, hasn't cheated the salary cap like Tippett, isn't ******* suspended for the first half of the next season like Tippett was, and is coming off an an elite season, rather than two average seasons like Tippett.

You've been brainwashed by South Australian media if you think Tippett's departure from the Crows is worth holding a grudge over, and if you think it's something your list management team will even be considering at all during trade negotiations.

Greatest players to have worn no.34:

1. Luffy
2. AJ
3. Ryan Brabazon

Couldn’t find a spot for Dawson in the top 20.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back