• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know if you folk watch lions games but josh is very speculative , his value is pure potential only

He is yet to dominate or be a force in any game , two or three goals at best isn't enough for 800k a year ! Is it ?

We think he will be a star for the lions but that is just our opinion not a lot of fact yet too show

In my opinion the Afl needs too clamp down on managers shopping players for huge $$$$ especially from the lower ranked teams as all it does is feed the rich and keep clubs like the lions at the bottom all for extra commission for managers who really have no real concern for the player , it's all about them !

I've been hearing richmond for a long time and if they loose dusty i rekon they will get him. They are screaming out for another key foward and they have 2 first's this year i think? So the deal could get done.

Lol repay them? Kid would have been picked up by every club, he doesnt owe the Lions anything for "giving him a chance"
Baffling comment wasn't it? The only players who really owe their club for giving them a chance are speculative late and rookie picks, not guys who get taken pick 2 that every club in the league was keen on.

Watching him yesterday, he is certainly not playing with the expected desire and passion trying to earn a top dollar extension from the Lions.

He looks more like a player that already has guaranteed $$$ options at seasons end.

Prestia was the same last year in the 2nd half of the season once his decision was made. Just counting down the weeks until he moved back to Victoria.

Could be a long season for Schache if he continues in this mind set. Needs to snap out of it.

Schache would cost a small fortune as he is going to be a very good player. Too bad he is not a great person as he heavily implied to Brisbane he was not going to be one of those players that left as soon as they could.

Lions future still looks bright with or without Schache Hipwood has already shown more and with Connor Bellenden from our Academy who Luke Power (AFL Academy Coach) rates as the best KPP in the draft adding a few more first round picks to our list won't hurt either way

Luke Power is full of s**t, I heard that interview on future stars and hasn't even been exposed to high under 18 Championship level games

Watching him yesterday, he is certainly not playing with the expected desire and passion trying to earn a top dollar extension from the Lions.

He looks more like a player that already has guaranteed $$$ options at seasons end.

Prestia was the same last year in the 2nd half of the season once his decision was made. Just counting down the weeks until he moved back to Victoria.

Could be a long season for Schache if he continues in this mind set. Needs to snap out of it.

If a club is offering $700k a season for 5 years then would be hard decision to leave but might be good insentive though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants to be paid on potential maybe Lions is where he should stay and repay them for giving him a chance at AFL footy.

Yeah if Brisbane skipped him at pick 2 no one else would have picked him.

Personally hope we avoid. Go to the draft for a midfielder. Nothing against Schache but that's what our side needs.

Schache would cost a small fortune as he is going to be a very good player. Too bad he is not a great person as he heavily implied to Brisbane he was not going to be one of those players that left as soon as they could.
To be fair he hadn't seen the way the club operates when he said that. Brisbane must be doing something poorly to turn so many kids away so frequently.

Heis a second year power forward in a team with a poor midfield. He is doing no worse than what guys like Patton, Cloke, Hawkins, Walker and others did at the same point in their careers.
One of the most concise, factual posts I have seen on BF, strongly agree RUNVS, the guy is 19 give him a break.

You can add Josh Kennedy (WC) and Lance Franklin, about the only one IIRC who had a really good first 2 years was Jeremy Cameron.

One of the most concise, factual posts I have seen on BF, strongly agree RUNVS, the guy is 19 give him a break.

You can add Josh Kennedy (WC) and Lance Franklin, about the only one IIRC who had a really good first 2 years was Jeremy Cameron.
Jack reiwoldt didn't look like being more than a 2nd or 3rd string key or forward flanker until he exploded in his 4th year. Hawkins was just a big boy until the 2011 finals. Boyd really emerged last year in the finals, while roughhead largely struggled as a forward until a year or two before Franklin left. Plenty of time for the kid.

Back