July Daily Punt - Winter Is Here

Remove this Banner Ad

True I'll be having a bash though at those odds as I'd be lucky to get even money if it's lining up in the CP.

Inb4 Waller re routes her to the MacKinnon because she has 'too hard a run' in the Caulfield Stakes :p

Inb4 Waller re routes her to the MacKinnon because she has 'too hard a run' in the Caulfield Stakes :p

True but looking back I understand Wallers decision at the end of the day you have this once in a generation horse in your stable you are not taking chances especially when the Cox Plate back up was always the number 1.

True but looking back I understand Wallers decision at the end of the day you have this once in a generation horse in your stable you are not taking chances especially when the Cox Plate back up was always the number 1.

It remains the most gutless decision in Australian racing in the last 20 years :thumbsdown:

It remains the most gutless decision in Australian racing in the last 20 years :thumbsdown:

Maybe but I blame the tracks around that time. So wet and it hurt the chances of not backing up. It's unfortunate and as a race goer I'd have loved her to be there but I understand the decision in retrospect

Azkadellia and Happy Clapper both backed up easily.

Neither had/have a massive shot at next year's Cox Plate. Waller can skirt around it all he wants but his main goal with Winx is to defend the Cox Plate.

For the record I lost a fair bit on early market betting on Winx so I say this after losing enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Winx missing the QE still doesn't bother me too highly. I wish she did it but if it means europe next year instead so be it.

I'd take $2.80. If it runs in all likelihood it wins and I'd be dead lucky to get $2 on the day.

depends on what internationals they snag. the invitation list looks good but they never get multiple coming for it. if an A-grader rocked up she could start more than 2.80. wouldn't touch it because she won't start sub 1.60 and whats the difference in 2.80 + risk vs 1.60

I usually avoid taking on futures betting but i am interested in the $7 Yankee Rose in the Golden Rose to be run in September

I don't get the wankfest over Yankee Rose. Fully expecting some horse we haven't heard of yet win it.

depends on what internationals they snag. the invitation list looks good but they never get multiple coming for it. if an A-grader rocked up she could start more than 2.80. wouldn't touch it because she won't start sub 1.60 and whats the difference in 2.80 + risk vs 1.60

If she goes into the race undefeated still there is not a chance in hell she will be anywhere near $2.80 no matter who turns up. Any international that would need to come to have her start that price will be running in the Arc.

SYT started $1.50 I think in his second win - she can easily start that price.

If she goes into the race undefeated still there is not a chance in hell she will be anywhere near $2.80 no matter who turns up. Any international that would need to come to have her start that price will be running in the Arc.

SYT started $1.50 I think in his second win - she can easily start that price.

If Werther and Maurice arrive as touted she won't. Prices are relative to the field and it's a big year for the CP this year with the Mackinnon moved back. Big risk at 2.80 for that factor alone.

If Werther and Maurice arrive as touted she won't. Prices are relative to the field and it's a big year for the CP this year with the Mackinnon moved back. Big risk at 2.80 for that factor alone.

Highly doubt either of those horses will come - FFS Maurice is a miler, and was beaten LTO and the Japanese aren't known for being adventurous. Sounds like Moonee Valley propaganda to me - as for Wether couldn't even beat Delicacy FFS :D

Tell you what - I'll bet you if she is undefeated in the lead up and she starts her SP will be odds on no matter what horses show up. Loser puts a $50 F4 on the Melbourne Cup and we share the winnings

Cant believe you are arguing about taking 2.80 about a horse in the Cox Plate in July! You dont know the field , you dont know the track condition, you dont know what barrier its drawn, you dont know the track bias, you dont know if the horse has come up in the preparation.
I remember one year they had a horse who was trained by Brian Mayfield Smith whos name i forget about 10 dollars in the Cox plate 6 months out after winning a couple of mid weekers. The horse ended up a class 3 horse in Jim leeks stable struggling to win a country race.
its hard enough to win betting on the day let alone 3 months out!!

Highly doubt either of those horses will come - FFS Maurice is a miler, and was beaten LTO and the Japanese aren't known for being adventurous. Sounds like Moonee Valley propaganda to me - as for Wether couldn't even beat Delicacy FFS :D

Tell you what - I'll bet you if she is undefeated in the lead up and she starts her SP will be odds on no matter what horses show up. Loser puts a $50 F4 on the Melbourne Cup and we share the winnings

carn, there's a few ifs in that bet. honestly i'd have her about $1.40 to beat every horse in OZ bar Chautauqua over 1400. I just think there is a strong chance we finally get multiple international challengers.

There's no ifs mate - man up - if she is undefeated heading into the race she will be odds on. You can have every mythical horse in the world on your side :)

Fine, i'll take it. Official SP. on the condition: if she gets beat by an international before hand, including Xtravagant and starts bet is on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back