July Daily Punt - Winter Is Here

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still far from convinced Mahuta is any good, never done anything of substance on the clock and apart from beating Holler who turns it up at 1400M away from the Valley he has beaten 2nd string 3yos. He can probably win today but don't see him amounting to much unless he has found quite a few lengths.

Most in here were happy to pot Xtravagant on his run in the Guineas which is fair enough but what was Mahutas excuse for being beaten nearly 8 lengths?

I was on FnR last time and happy to go with him again, however this is his last chance today and race sets up so well for him that there can't be any excuses.

Most interesting horse of the day for mine is Wall Street Wolf, there was a big boom on him when he debuted at Flemington, was unlucky there against horses who have gone on the run well in recent weeks, smashed them at Geelong in his maiden and looks to have huge upside, big dopey colt with a big strife on him, apparently can get very colty in the yard so a big watch on him today. Not that keen on the price I must say.

I'm still far from convinced Mahuta is any good, never done anything of substance on the clock and apart from beating Holler who turns it up at 1400M away from the Valley he has beaten 2nd string 3yos. He can probably win today but don't see him amounting to much unless he has found quite a few lengths.

Most in here were happy to pot Xtravagant on his run in the Guineas which is fair enough but what was Mahutas excuse for being beaten nearly 8 lengths?

I was on FnR last time and happy to go with him again, however this is his last chance today and race sets up so well for him that there can't be any excuses.

Most interesting horse of the day for mine is Wall Street Wolf, there was a big boom on him when he debuted at Flemington, was unlucky there against horses who have gone on the run well in recent weeks, smashed them at Geelong in his maiden and looks to have huge upside, big dopey colt with a big strife on him, apparently can get very colty in the yard so a big watch on him today. Not that keen on the price I must say.
Fair points on Mahuta. It might be that he was just extremely well placed by Weir last campaign.

Wall street wolf - stable rate this very very highly.

Even if Mahuta is actually high quality there's no way he's going to be presented fit today.
Yeah Weiry defs put the slows on him as a winning chance. I'm just interested to see how he progresses, Anlon (half bro) took a while before he just came back at a new level one prep, wondering if this bloke can train on similarly. FNR just wins for mine but I'll chuck him in the quad as well.

Tossing up whether to put Lord Of The Cats in.

Yeah Weiry defs put the slows on him as a winning chance. I'm just interested to see how he progresses, Anlon (half bro) took a while before he just came back at a new level one prep, wondering if this bloke can train on similarly. FNR just wins for mine but I'll chuck him in the quad as well.

Tossing up whether to put Lord Of The Cats in.
Reckon lord of sky has better winning chance than FNR.

Lord of the Sky had it fairly easy last time, will be fitter but needs to improve a fair amount for mine, think FnR would have smoked him in clean air last time.

His best career runs would win this fairly comfortably however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol. 3 bets for the day all torched by leaders with an easy go of it running into places from well back...

LOTS beating you home takes the cake though.

ugh just looked, 3 or 4 bets left for the day. every one a backmarker. this isn't going to end well.

Last 2 weeks have been shocking, first time I can remember I didn't actually back a winner.

Couple races that stand out

Race 2 - Bondeiger, huge money all week for it, goes early really early after getting upto the leaders, falls away almost instantly.

Race 5 - Bring a rose never fired a shot.

Race 6 - Butterboom, still don't know how it didn't win, the old commentators curse.

Race 7 - Lord of the sky, seriously hate this horse has it ever won when it was suppose to?

Race 8 - Wall Street Wolf obviously the ear muffs didn't work as it played up, made a very awkward run down the straight didn't do a whole lot.

Race 9 - Magicus seriously was never going to win on the rail.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back