Coach Justin Longmuir Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Regardless of what happens with our season, I think JL needs some credit for development.

Acres, Schultz, Lobb all went from being plodders to good AFL players under him.

Then they leave and only Acres is still good and even two premiership coaches can't get AFL performances out of the other two, let alone good AFL performances.

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised to see The West of all publications print an article like this, it's unusually progressive for them.

Yes, it is "unusual" isn't it? Almost like they're desperately trying to salvage their dwindling sales by transparently pandering to a younger demographic.

Even more unusual is that such cynical "corporate progressivism" has taken so many in. It's all very...Disney.

Jl gets the benefits from the limited list management that Ross Lyon squeezed every ounce of. No forward next to Pavlich. The club have learned from that.

Treacy Amiss Jackson is the future. Tabs is adequate depth. Would like another tall forward from somewhere. Can see why McDonald is looking more and more attractive- an upgrade on Tabs as well as young.

The midfield is probably close or on par with 2012-2015.

Sandi Mundy Barlow Fyfe Suban Crowley Hill Neale

Jackson Darcy Serong Brayshaw Young Erasmus Johnson Fyfe JOM Brodie

Regardless of what happens with our season, I think JL needs some credit for development.

Acres, Schultz, Lobb all went from being plodders to good AFL players under him.

Then they leave and only Acres is still good and even two premiership coaches can't get AFL performances out of the other two, let alone good AFL performances.
Good point, Sharp and Clark were playing reserves.

Lovely little bit in the press conference "I'd rather be behind at quarter time and winning than the other three teams we've played"

I think it’s a pretty appropriate response when we we lost the first quarter by less than a goal.

In round one we lost it by around two goals.

They’re not the type of starts that actually win teams games if the other side plays better for three quarters.

I think it’s a pretty appropriate response when we we lost the first quarter by less than a goal.

In round one we lost it by around two goals.

They’re not the type of starts that actually win teams games if the other side plays better for three quarters.
Sounds like a David King special.

If only we had a great coach like matty nicks hey kingy
I dont think Matty nicks is a bad coach.

He just got the crows job at the worst possible time.

He had to see through a major rebuild. Like freos 2016-21 rebuild, it has some good parts and some flaws too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't listen to his presser if you're one to not rate his media performances and overall persona

I'm one of them and I genuinely forgot the question he was answering.. prob same for him tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't listen to his presser if you're one to not rate his media performances and overall persona

I'm one of them and I genuinely forgot the question he was answering.. prob same for him tbh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Such a boring presser.

Same old question. Same old answers. Waste of time.

We have to lose before it get's spicy. Then we will see the 'roaches come out.

When tabs is your 4th best KPF, I think that’s pretty good depth, so I’m not sure what your point is? We need to play 7 forwards per game and have 10 that are AFL standard at a minimum: Jackson, Amiss, Treacy, Tabs, Banfield, Emmett, Sturt, Walters, Frederick, Switta.
IMO if our Forward depth looks shallow it’s because our ruck and wing depth is so poor, Jackson is playing Ruck because Reidy and Knobel aren’t up to standard. Banfield is playing wing because NOD and Stanley are both injured and we have nothing else.
Taking 2 of 10 AFL standard forwards out of the forward line is bound to test our depth.
Likewise our backline has lost 3 AFL quality players in Cox, Chapman and McDonald and suddenly we’re testing an untried player in Draper.
and still winning games
opportunities for growth
YOKAI!

Dermott ("dont touch the hair") Brereton.
Offering priceless advice to JL straight out of the BIFFO Book of Coaching.
No thanks Derm, youre being wise to stick to talking chit on the tv.
Coaching takes a special kind of courage and Danielle Laidley knows a lot about courage.
JL was always a quiet courageous player and clearly its deep in his character.
Love his leadership.
Fanboi? Yup.

btw I havent minded Derms ingame insights in the past, but havent seen him at work for a while.

Jl gets the benefits from the limited list management that Ross Lyon squeezed every ounce of. No forward next to Pavlich. The club have learned from that.

Treacy Amiss Jackson is the future. Tabs is adequate depth. Would like another tall forward from somewhere. Can see why McDonald is looking more and more attractive- an upgrade on Tabs as well as young.

The midfield is probably close or on par with 2012-2015.

Sandi Mundy Barlow Fyfe Suban Crowley Hill Neale

Jackson Darcy Serong Brayshaw Young Erasmus Johnson Fyfe JOM Brodie
TrAmJa, what a beautiful thing!
Pavlich so underated leading our forwardline for so long.
Very very strong case for our GOAT!
How much better to have a 3 headed monster, Bull, Sniper and Unicorn Trinity.!
YOKAI!

Derm knows a surprisingly large amount about the game (not just forward craft and the biff). The problem is he tries to speak like an orator but he's got the vocabulary of your average year 10 school leaver.

If he just spoke plainly I think he'd be decent.

Spot on assessment of Derm's oratory limitations, plus he is bloody long winded too. Takes an eternity to put over a simple observation or comment 🤔

Derm knows a surprisingly large amount about the game (not just forward craft and the biff). The problem is he tries to speak like an orator but he's got the vocabulary of your average year 10 school leaver.

If he just spoke plainly I think he'd be decent.
Someone really needs to tell him what concise is.

Derm’s old school in every way, including never having developed enemies inside the game. It perhaps had something to do with his given name, but when he first came into the game as a teenager he was assumed to be a somewhat soft private school educated kid. Long way from the truth as the legendary ‘89 GF showed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back