Karmichael sinks Richmonds season

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought you'd be used to it by now Lance? We are.

Apparently injuries are only a valid excuse for clubs like yours, so we'll just cop it on the chin I guess.
Injuries, suspension, whatever. Everyone has them.

We struggled against GC this year and were universally panned for it. And we had injuries. But when we had to, we did what was needed to win.

This was a Doomsday scenario on 360, and a Sure Thing for a Tiges win, with good reason.

And it's happened two years in a row! Whatever anyone thinks, this isn't just another loss

Oddly the teams at the bottom of the ladder have all won at least one game so far, as "horrible" as they might be. Remind me of who they won their games against Lance?

Familiar with the concept of a perfect storm? 7 outs last week. 2 late outs this week on top of 2 suspensions. Has a team ever made 11 changes in 2 weeks and won?

I said in the Israel Folau thread that Karmichael Hunt has developed into a decent AFL player that has genuinely earnt his spot in the Gold Coast team and got howled down for it but last night proved I was right.

Great to see him slot the winning goal and get the Suns their first win of the season, I think everyone that wasn't a Richmond supporter enjoyed seeing that.

Congratulations to K.Hunt. Lots of respect for him, he is a legitimately good player.

Yep. We lose the ones that others manage to scrape over the line in. Remind me of how you fared against GC earlier this season and late last season, and of some of your comprehensive victories against Port in recent seasons?

Late last season? We only played them once last season and registered the biggest 1st quarter ever.

We struggled against them this year and played absolutely abysmally, but had the wherewithal to actually prevail in the end, like Fremantle, North Melbourne, Geelong... most other teams that have played them.

We just whacked Port by 50 points at home yesterday.

The difference between "highly competitive" and "winning" is massive. It could be the difference between a team playing finals or not, and in Richmond's case that is a big deal.

I said in the Israel Folau thread that Karmichael Hunt has developed into a decent AFL player that has genuinely earnt his spot in the Gold Coast team and got howled down for it but last night proved I was right.

Great to see him slot the winning goal and get the Suns their first win of the season, I think everyone that wasn't a Richmond supporter enjoyed seeing that.
Who howled you down for it? (1 or 2 people doesn't justify a noted response) You're only expressing a very common opinion.
Most on here acknowledge that he's having a good season. Probably in their best half dozen over the course of it.

kudos has also got to go to Matera. He gathered a ball cleanly as it spilled towards the boundary line and hooked the ball back across his body beautifully when he could have blazed away to be the hero himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where's the anger from Tiger fans about this deal? Taking the 400K will probably cost you a finals spot, as you wouldn't have lost in Melbourne where GC are horrible.

Late last season? We only played them once last season and registered the biggest 1st quarter ever.

We struggled against them this year and played absolutely abysmally, but had the wherewithal to actually prevail in the end, like Fremantle, North Melbourne, Geelong... most other teams that have played them.

We just whacked Port by 50 points at home yesterday.

The difference between "highly competitive" and "winning" is massive. It could be the difference between a team playing finals or not, and in Richmond's case that is a big deal.

it is when you look at where our list is at.our bottom 10 players are still to be upgraded.

Where's the anger from Tiger fans about this deal? Taking the 400K will probably cost you a finals spot, as you wouldn't have lost in Melbourne where GC are horrible.

imo we need to win anywhere so it shouldnt matter and at the time of the contract in 2010 with no word of how the new media rights would be divied up, we had a debt of 4mil and frankly needed the money. the contract has 1 more year to go worth 1.5m over 3y's and if we were in our situation now with the debt and extra spending in the footy dept we would do the deal but at the time it was needed. i dont think getting out of the deal is the answer either. we just need to get better. the argument making finals should be the priority is crap as we should win anyway and just assuming we would win in melb is just that assuming.

It will do minimal to promote the game up north. Rugby league supporters will state it looks good for the NRL, as it shows AFL is an easy sport to master, even for someone who is new to the sport.

It will do minimal to promote the game up north..

Oh CF. you must be hurting so bad. AFL getting a free kick up there.
(Well actually it was a mark and kick)
That kick was worth more than money.
KH's first goal was a beauty and did much to boost the GC brand.
This goal will mean a lot more especially if GC and go on with it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back