Keays, Dawson now Tex.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh here we go. Maybe if we’d scored a goal with all those forward entries in the final 5 minutes we might have won? No, instead we rely on umpires. FWIW I was happy with that decision, he didn’t drag it in, might’ve made no attempt but meh.
Might not have dragged it in but 'dived on it'. So still holding the ball. You can be pissed at both poor umpiring and the Crows being crap.

Oh here we go. Maybe if we’d scored a goal with all those forward entries in the final 5 minutes we might have won? No, instead we rely on umpires. FWIW I was happy with that decision, he didn’t drag it in, might’ve made no attempt but meh.
Don't get me wrong, I agree that we should have scored from all of the other attempts.

But the call is still wrong and forms an opportunity we created. I have no doubt if the roles were reversed and the game played in Melbourne it would have been paid HTB. (Hell they paid way more generous the whole game)

Probably wouldn't have converted mind you.

Might not have dragged it in but 'dived on it'. So still holding the ball. You can be pissed at both poor umpiring and the Crows being crap.

Exactly. We can acknowledge the club's deficiencies, and also recognise that this was a howler of a non-decision, an act of either total cowardice or sheer incompetence by the umpire.

Should we have been good enough to not need that decision to be correctly adjudicated? Yes.

Was the non-decision an utter disgrace? Also yes.

Exactly. We can acknowledge the club's deficiencies, and also recognise that this was a howler of a non-decision, an act of either total cowardice or sheer incompetence by the umpire.

Should we have been good enough to not need that decision to be correctly adjudicated? Yes.

Was the non-decision an utter disgrace? Also yes.

The club can't contril umpires incompetence.

The club can control our coaches incompetence, which has 1000x more influence on our fortunes than the umpires do.

The club can't contril umpires incompetence.

The club can control our coaches incompetence, which has 1000x more influence on our fortunes than the umpires do.

I'm not the club. I'm a fan.

The club is saying "no comment" about the non-decision.

I'm saying it was pathetic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're happy that the umpires made the wrong decision? Because that's what it was. It's not even debatable since the afl have actually stated the fact the next day.

If we had scored a goal from the number of entries we had in the last few minutes, the ball goes back to the centre and Bombers could score another.

The missed free at the very end, which was right in front of goals, would have very likely resulted in a Crows win

That kind of free is a direct result of our work and pressure.

Not like a high tackle or push.

The guys did the right thing to create the free, and no reward due to the correct decision not being made.

Agree we should be better to take the umpires out of the equation, but close wins build sides up. We needed that to build on last week.

This non free and the Keays non goal one are a kick in the guts as they were from good play from us.

Dawson one, meh. I feel he played for it a bit.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

One poor call costing a game is unfortunate. Two a short time later is bizarre. Three 4 games on is monstrous. No matter what people think of the board, recruiters, development of players, coach, game plan, or any other ******* thing, we have been done out of 12 premiership points by umpires in half a season worth of games. We should have played finals last year if the 8 premiership points taken from us by umpires were credited.
Every ******* person at the ground last night and I'd hazard most if not all watching on TV knew that was a free kick. The only bludgers who didn't were the four maggots, just like the Dawson decision.
I agree Essendon played better than us last night. It doesn't alter the fact that Tex Walker should have had the opportunity to kick that ******* goal.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Umpiring is just a mess right now something must be done. It’s the bystander effect, 4 is too many field umpires so none of them want to take charge and pay frees when pressure is at the highest, they just sit there thinking someone else will do it. Missed calls will happen to a lot more teams this year (just look at freo vs Carlton), it’s happened to us a lot recently because were s**t enough to always be behind but run out games well enough to get in positions to win.

Yeah, that's why he was bleeding
Staged it, hey?

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fair point.

I guess what I am trying to say is that a high contact free is a result of an opposition error. Not good play by us.

Keays and last night hurt more because the guys did the right thing and were not rewarded.

For those saying we didn't deserve to win..

The "not deserve to win" argument suggests that winning close games "ugly" are not worthy. Yet among a team they are the wins that galvanise a group.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't buy this nonsense. Because we had chances before this, the umpire shouldn't blow the whistle?

Imagine if this was a grand final FFS

I get the anger around the non call. It was a blatant error by an umpire too afraid to adhere to the rules. And, for what its worth, if it was called holding the ball, Scott would have said it was the right call and draper needs to look at his game.

But a game is so much more than one single defining moment.

So think about the following:
- did the Owies non-goal call that went in our favour last week define our win or does it only apply when an umpire makes a mistake and we lose?

Games are won or lost in the first 3 quarters of match more than the last 30 seconds due to an umpiring error. So much more to a game. Winning this game was just wallpapering over the cracks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back