Opinion Kenny's gold pass club

Remove this Banner Ad

"Talk is essentially cheap on a cost effective basis." Prime Minister and folk hero Bob Hope circa 1984.

Kenny loves to talk cliches - like every coach - "you get what you deserve"

The White selection shows Kenny has given him a gold pass. Gus would have one as well.

You are going to get what you deserve Ken, because you have given gold passes to the wrong blokes.

Who else has a Kenny gold pass and can by-pass the standards he expects from others??

"Talk is essentially cheap on a cost effective basis." Prime Minister and folk hero Bob Hope circa 1984.

The White selection shows Kenny has given him a gold pass. Gus would have one as well.

You are going to get what you deserve Ken, because you have given gold passes to the wrong blokes.

Who else has a Kenny gold pass and can by-pass the standards he expects from others??
Agreed, you could also mount a case that Amon, Impey, & S.Gray could qualify for his gold pass club.

The selection of White is baffling. Having been to the Magpies game last night and going by the reports of the Glenelg game, I am not sure if there are many players pushing for an upgrade to the AFL side that would replace any of Amon, Impey, & S.Gray. You could mount an argument for Snelling maybe, or Atley. They'd still be a bit of a roll of the dice IMO.
I think bringing Lobbe up if he had not been injured would've constituted a gold pass.

Last edited:

The selection of White is buffling. Having been to the Magpies game last night and going by the reports of the Glenelg game, I am not sure if there are many players pushing for an upgrade to the AFL side that would replace any of Amon, Impey, & S.Gray. You could mount an argument for Snelling maybe, or Atley. They'd still be a bit of a roll of the dice IMO.
I think bringing Lobbe up if he had not been injured would've constituted a gold pass.
Agreed, Atley for one and on last weeks form even Ah Chee should have been considered.

Ken has been complaining about a lack of experience in our book ends of the ground, the forwards only have Gray as a experienced senior player and Broadbent is our only experienced defender. It's why he's so keen to have White back in the side to bring experience to the wings and forward line and Pittard into the defence to add some 'much needed' calm heads down back.

He really wants to bring back Monfries ASAP too, because he believes we're way too skinny in experience.

Comedian Bob Hope or Prime Minister Bob Hawke?

Does Ken really live up to his word, that performance is rewarded? I think not, maybe it's because he has no choice with the performances in the Magpies and selects on the basis of necessity?

Definitely Westhoff. Yeah sure, his height and positional flexibility make him a great asset structure-wise but at this club structure means nothing if we continuously make deluded decisions on team selection night, such as replacing a suspended ruckman and an omitted key forward with a half-back flanker and a has-been half-forward flanker.

You'd expect Westhoff to be tearing teams apart the way Kenny hands him that gold pass, but I really can't remember the last time he took a game by the scruff of the neck and did anything more than 1 godly play in 4 quarters of football. It's a shame really - I want every single one of our players to succeed in their careers and perform at their absolute best for the club, but its just unfair when there's players who consistently get free passes into the first team at the expense of a bunch of really hardworking and talented blokes who are wasted away in the seconds.

Ken has been complaining about a lack of experience in our book ends of the ground, the forwards only have Gray as a experienced senior player and Broadbent is our only experienced defender. It's why he's so keen to have White back in the side to bring experience to the wings and forward line and Pittard into the defence to add some 'much needed' calm heads down back.

He really wants to bring back Monfries ASAP too, because he believes we're way too skinny in experience.
Sure I get that but why would he expect them to not perform in trials and the SANFL. he played half, a nothing game against the Hawks at Noarlunga, not much more time and output in a trial game for the magpies and completely missed Rd 1 of the Magpies when he should have played rather than be named an emergency to the AFL.

He last played 15-20 minutes in Rd 1 of 2016 v St Kilda before he ripped his pectoral muscle from the bone. What has he done since then that shouts out Pick Me, Pick Me, Pick Me????

Last edited:
Definitely Westhoff. Yeah sure, his height and positional flexibility make him a great asset structure-wise but at this club structure means nothing if we continuously make deluded decisions on team selection night, such as replacing a suspended ruckman and an omitted key forward with a half-back flanker and a has-been half-forward flanker.

You'd expect Westhoff to be tearing teams apart the way Kenny hands him that gold pass, but I really can't remember the last time he took a game by the scruff of the neck and did anything more than 1 godly play in 4 quarters of football. It's a shame really - I want every single one of our players to succeed in their careers and perform at their absolute best for the club, but its just unfair when there's players who consistently get free passes into the first team at the expense of a bunch of really hardworking and talented blokes who are wasted away in the seconds.
In Westhoff's defense, he has never been given a position that he could master and make his own, eg: Dixon or Hombsch. Imo Westy is an opportunist forward, not a ruckman or wingman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Westhoff's defense, he has never been given a position that he could master and make his own, eg: Dixon or Hombsch. Imo Westy is an opportunist forward, not a ruckman or wingman.

I don't recall too accurately, but did Westhoff spend most of 2008, 2009, and 2010 in the same forward role he had in 2007? That's three years and he couldn't better his first season.

Yep, Good Friday is the most boring day of the year.

Dunno, on my morning run I:

- Got swooped by birds several times
- Got chased by a dog
- Almost hit by a car
- Had some housewife tell me she loved me
- Had an old lady spray her hose at me

Good Friday, my ass!

Kenny's just feeling the need for speed this week, hence the White selection and Johnson as a traveling emergency

- Got chased by a dog
- Almost hit by a car

Good Friday, my ass!

photo.jpg

What a horrible decade.
A great decade, technological revolution, financial revolution, medical break throughs, opening up of world economy and destroying trade barriers, hundreds of millions of people lifted out of abject poverty, when food was still food not industrial food, housing was affordable, uni education was free, a reasonable level of personal debt, people didn't have anxiety complexes that they had to have everything yesterday and the best thing was the end of the cold war and you didn't have to worry about 400 million people being blown up over night by thermo nuclear weapons.

And the politicans were more interesting than this bland lot we have today who can't do things without checking a bloody opinion poll and don't have the ability to do much original thinking.

- Got chased by a dog
- Almost hit by a car

Good Friday, my ass!

Are you watching the footy at the housewifes place?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back