Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't let go of Gavin Wanganeen being suspended from our first AFL game.... so......

I'm still mad about Jaxson Barham getting Hamish Hartlett's rightful Rd 4 2008 Rising Star nom.

I'm still mad about Jaxson Barham getting Hamish Hartlett's rightful Rd 4 2008 Rising Star nom.

I’m still filthy on SA media comparing Neville Roberts to Russell Ebert in 1982.

I'm still pissed about Pavlich getting the '05 AA CHF nom over Tredrea....

Also I'm still pissed about how Paul Kemp kept not getting selected in the late 80's despite outstanding form in the reserves.

Speed, skill, power.
All three traits or gtfo.

The game has gone past several of our plodder, unskilled types.

Midfield is in desperate need of major overhaul. Wines wingard gray are the only safe ones.
We desperately need to throw everything at shiel. Look at collingwoods midfield, look at ours.. oh fk..

Defense is ok. But if you are slower and not so skilled, while getting a good offer to go.. go.
Our plethora of unskilled midsized/smalls. All gtfo... compare them to crisp langdon thomas phillips maynar sier de goey stephenson.. yep speed, skill, power. Its where the game is at.

Our list is an actual shambles, no news there, really need to blow the list up, rid us of plodders. Start again.

Chad ollie dougal hamish bonner farrel robbie patmore houston dbj todd hoff garner atley ryder. Polec*

The rest gtfo...

just having a chat on the weekend with a few people.
a lot of people saying Robbie could and most likely will go down as the best player to have player for the power.

Unless he wins a brownlow or the team snares a premiership, to me, he isnt even in our top 5 let alone the best we have had.

do you think he can be that guy even if he doesnt win either??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a lot of people saying Robbie could and most likely will go down as the best player to have player for the power.

Unless he wins a brownlow or the team snares a premiership, to me, he isnt even in our top 5 let alone the best we have had.

To me there is a clear top 3 of Tredrea, Robbie Gray and Wanganeen. Having any of those 3 below anyone else would be harsh.

He's already won an AFLCA MVP award. AFLCA MVP is the thinking man's Brownlow.

He's already won an AFLCA MVP award. AFLCA MVP is the thinking man's Brownlow.
To me there is a clear top 3 of Tredrea, Robbie Gray and Wanganeen. Having any of those 3 below anyone else would be harsh.

hmm true.
i have tredrea as clear number 1. Wanganeen as 2 (would have been 1 if his whole career was at port).
Then throw a blanket over burgoyne, c cornes, k cornes, s burgoyne.... a premiership elevates them in my eyes

hmm true.
i have tredrea as clear number 1. Wanganeen as 2 (would have been 1 if his whole career was at port).
Then throw a blanket over burgoyne, c cornes, k cornes, s burgoyne.... a premiership elevates them in my eyes
A premiership is a team award, it has no relevance when comparing individual players. Good players get stuck playing for s**t teams sometimes.

Robbie Gray is absolutely 100% in our top five of the AFL era. I'd argue clearly top two (with Tredrea) as well.

Last edited:

Yes.

Premierships are a team prize. It's not Robbies fault he's spent the better part of his career in a dud team with dud coaches. He'd fit into that 2004 squad no problem.

hmm true.
K. Cornes & S. Burgoyne are not a pimple on Robbie Gray's ass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back