Let's talk Ports! Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thirty one year old player has lost some pace in the last five years. Film at eleven.

Robbie's game isn't, and never has been, about his pace.

So you see raising his bar this year at 31 10%, 20% even 30%

Just booked 4 tickets for the Whyalla game, I think.

Member registration $5, so cost $20 + booking fee. The statements on the AFL and Ticketek websites are a bit confusing about club members having free admission and then in another section stating that club members must upgrade to the equivalent of the type of membership they hold. Hoping I didn't have to add an extra $20 to each ticket for 'Adult' entry.

Just booked 4 tickets for the Whyalla game, I think.

Member registration $5, so cost $20 + booking fee. The statements on the AFL and Ticketek websites are a bit confusing about club members having free admission and then in another section stating that club members must upgrade to the equivalent of the type of membership they hold. Hoping I didn't have to add an extra $20 to each ticket for 'Adult' entry.
Unless it has changed, entry to financial Members, to theses games, are free when scanning your 2020 Membership card.

You said that Robbie's game is declining. I expect Robbie's 2020 to be at least as good as his 2019.
I reckon it will, it wasn't a great year for him, so a low enough bar for him to clear as long as he's healthy.

Robbie is still a very good player but last year was very clearly his least good year since 2013 when he was coming back from the ACL injury. It was clearly Westhoff's worst year for a long time too.

Didn't someone here say they heard Port would announce a second JMS today?

I guess I shouldn't hold my breath ... ;)

Iwish it was you.

Regarding the sponsor I was under the understanding it was close to be sighed and sealed a while back. Unless I've been given false info which I doubt an announcement was supposed to be made around jan 30. Let's see what happens fingers crossed. Cause if they have pulled it off it will certainly give Kt and the club some big brownie points in fans eyes which they need.

You said that Robbie's game is declining. I expect Robbie's 2020 to be at least as good as his 2019.

all I'm saying and I used Robbie as an example not a rule, that older players being relied on to improve when age works against all of us is folly, older players decline, it's natural not improve.

all I'm saying and I used Robbie as an example not a rule, that older players being relied on to improve when age works against all of us is folly, older players decline, it's natural not improve.

According to the Victorian media, Shaun Burgoyne only became a star in his 30's.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if they improve either our systems were s**t or they’ve been tanking
Our systems ARE s**t. We’ll get far more improvement out of our systems being less s**t than out of individual players improving 10% or 20%.

It’s a coaching problem

According to the Victorian media, Shaun Burgoyne only became a star in his 30's.

He went from average plodder with a degenerative knee to silky superstar of the game the moment he crossed Bordertown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back