Liam Baker [signed til 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit early for that call but it is always risky getting a player coming out of contract after their best year. The salary price is usually top dollar and the output might not be the same without the motivation, although Baker seems like he's always trying.

The best thing for the Eagles would have been the PSD threat if he really wanted to return to Perth & they get a trade deal in their favour.

Richmond would be happen, you need to retain the workhorses as they rub off on the rest of the group.

I doubt the Eagles would have walked him to the PSD and it probably would have taken their 2nd round pick this year and get a deal done, but from a trade perspective, that would seem overs for Baker imo.

Good for both clubs. I like Baker but think it's a much better play for us at the moment to utilise three years of higher national draft picks to rebuild our midfield and use the mid season to plug any holes.

In two years time Liam Baker and Tim English there as handy free agents to top up if we've done a good job recruiting.
liam wont be afree agent then

Hardwick most likely won't be coach (at the end of 2024) so who is to say Baker will be part of the new coaches plan by then ?

A lot can change in 2 years.
You say alot of funny things about Richmond.
Scratching my head at why the 2 year deal. Doesn’t seem to suit anyone except maybe Richmond? Maybe the two years is at more than what others were offering and so he’s happy to back himself, earn as much in two years as possible then sign his big contract?
Yeah either that or the lure of home is still real so he's keeping his options open.

Scratching my head at why the 2 year deal. Doesn’t seem to suit anyone except maybe Richmond? Maybe the two years is at more than what others were offering and so he’s happy to back himself, earn as much in two years as possible then sign his big contract?

Perhaps the media got it wrong again (shock horror) and maybe he isn't being paid the $600k thats been stated in the media, and he's leaving his options open for when Dusty's contract comes off the TPP (and Lynch would only have 1 more year too).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back