Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

We have three firsts. Would say the lowest one will be around 12-15 at the absolute worst…can’t see Port finishing top 4 anymore…don’t think they’re good enough.

We keep going the way we are we will have a top 8 pick, Collingwood pick could be anywhere from 12-18

The worst one sits nicely for Baker
By the time the picks are used all 3 will be #10+

As the season drags on I tjink Fremantle will be so desperate for a tall forward they will give up the ghost on this one. Expect Logan McDonald will be highest paid player in the league by the end of it
Dont under estimate Sydney
They keep their players and this new group are very exciting and seem to have a bond happening
Logan looks like he is enjoying being the main man at sydney FF spot

Swans will not let him go easily

He’s around then 800k mark agree. I’m saying that Baker doesn’t fit in WCE salary cap.
Are you high? Kelly's the only one on any kind of significant deal from next year(depending on what Yeo gets offered). OAllen the other, on around $800k.

Who else are we supposed to pay? WCE have the issue coming up if overpaying players to meet the floor, not underpaying to remain under the cap...

As the season drags on I tjink Fremantle will be so desperate for a tall forward they will give up the ghost on this one. Expect Logan McDonald will be highest paid player in the league by the end of it
Logan sounds destined to stay at Sydney. Freo looking at another swan.

OMG.

Eagles trade pick 6 for Baker. Can we just imagine Kane Cornes teeing off at the club if they did that. Its totally ridiculous to imagine a club at the Eagles stage of a rebuild to pay a top 10 pick for a B+ .......at times A grade role player.

Saw hm last night at half time being interviewed by Cameron Ling. My wife....."oh look how tiny he is standing next to that Geelong fella."

Now I know, he can play. He's a tough, brave player with heart almost as big as Far Lap but he isnt a key position player nor a gun full time mid.

The only way the Eagles 1st comes into play is if they split the pick. Then potentially a late 1st is offered. And that is being very generous by the Eagles. Very.
No ******* chance WCE trade a first rounder for a 27yo

I have read you mention the eagles salary cap issues a couple of times
Eagles would have a shed load of cap space this year and most likely alot more than most clubs next year

I highly doubt they are in any trouble with their cap with even more players coming off contracts like Gaff

Pretty sure Jammomonty previously said there was going to be a breaking story that we breached the cap, and absolutely nothing came of it.

We have 2 players contracted beyond 2026, Barrass & Ginbey, and have players coming off big deals. Kelly, Darling, Gaff, Gov AND the cap has gone up.

We are swimming in cash and our biggest problem is not having enough quality players to pay over the next 3 years.

He’s either full of s**t or his mail is bad.

Pretty sure Jammomonty previously said there was going to be a breaking story that we breached the cap, and absolutely nothing came of it.

We have 2 players contracted beyond 2026, Barrass & Ginbey, and have players coming off big deals. Kelly, Darling, Gaff, Gov AND the cap has gone up.

We are swimming in cash and our biggest problem is not having enough quality players to pay over the next 3 years.

Agree and was mentioned above that NN , Hurn & Shuey retired last year but no mention of Kennedy who would have been on a packet and just the above players alone would be $3.5 mil and with Gaff this year well over $4 mil cleared from the cap . Plus take into consideration an inccrease in 2024/2025 i would suggest thats closer to $6 mil going foward with some increases to the younger players but nothing dramatic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t recall saying that

I’d give up our future first for him
Good chance it’ll be a top 10 pick if the tigers want to use that to rebuild
Richmond’s second best player imo

Agree and was mentioned above that NN , Hurn & Shuey retired last year but no mention of Kennedy who would have been on a packet and just the above players alone would be $3.5 mil and with Gaff this year well over $4 mil cleared from the cap . Plus take into consideration an inccrease in 2024/2025 i would suggest thats closer to $6 mil going foward with some increases to the younger players but nothing dramatic
If Baker wants to go to West Coast then that would be a disaster for Richmond. West Coast have publicly stated they will be doing a full rebuild and won't be looking at taking any short cuts so no chance the high draft pick you'd want would be offered by West Coast and there's also no chance they'd be offering any promising youngster either for the same reasons. Why would WC offer a ton in trade when they can use their salary space to sign a free agent around the same age as Baker for nothing?

If Baker wants to go to West Coast then that would be a disaster for Richmond. West Coast have publicly stated they will be doing a full rebuild and won't be looking at taking any short cuts so no chance the high draft pick you'd want would be offered by West Coast and there's also no chance they'd be offering any promising youngster either for the same reasons. Why would WC offer a ton in trade when they can use their salary space to sign a free agent around the same age as Baker for nothing?
Agree. Mind you, Suma reported Eagles were very keen and were looking at a number of players to trade in this year. As bad as his mail is on Freo, he does seem to be OK with his Eagles scuttlebutt.

Yep, if WC have stated they are going full rebuild then they would have no interest in Baker.

If they do come out and show interest from here, you’d have to assume they aren’t going through with the full rebuild in the way you’ve stated.

So we will either see an about face from the Coasters or it’s just Freo that are after him.

Yep, if WC have stated they are going full rebuild then they would have no interest in Baker.

If they do come out and show interest from here, you’d have to assume they aren’t going through with the full rebuild in the way you’ve stated.

So we will either see an about face from the Coasters or it’s just Freo that are after him.

Not necessarily.

Eagles have a huge hole in their list between Duggan (28) and Chesser (21) with only Allen being a player of any note in between those ages.

West Coast need to hit the draft hard, while also smoothing out their age profile.

Baker is perfect. Given he’s out of contract our 2nd should get it done. Assuming we finish 16th, which is pretty likely at this stage.

Not necessarily.

Eagles have a huge hole in their list between Duggan (28) and Chesser (21) with only Allen being a player of any note in between those ages.

West Coast need to hit the draft hard, while also smoothing out their age profile.

Baker is perfect. Given he’s out of contract our 2nd should get it done. Assuming we finish 16th, which is pretty likely at this stage.
Your dreaming mate
your 2nd will be around #25 after all the compo / Academy / FS picks go into the system

Not necessarily.

Yeah who knows. I’m just responding to the poster who claimed full rebuild was required.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back