Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Time for some house cleaning.

1) Do not drag discussions or individual posts over here from other threads or boards.

Feel free to respond to those posts wherever they were posted, if you so choose.

2) Enough with the personal attacks. It’s a long season and this one may go the distance, so if you want to remain a part of the discussion, do it respectfully.

We will use thread bans and infractions if necessary.

Also you all missed out one on the bingo card

- Baker has given great service. It would be poor form and poor culture to not let him go wherever he wants cheaply. It could cause a rift in the playing group
That is absolute garbage. It would be terrible list management to let players go cheaply just because they have given good service. Plus it would have absolutely zero effect on the playing group.
Ok.

Happy to see how that pans out.

Who are these emerging tall forwards and 2nd rucks ATM?

The ones you need to peak in 3 to 4 years time when the old fellas retire?

And tall defenders?
Balta is our 2nd ruck, Samson Ryan is next in line and I suspect we'll draft a ruckman next week or at the end of the year.
We never talked tall defenders but Miller, Young, Gibcus and Grimes currently.

That is absolute garbage. It would be terrible list management to let players go cheaply just because they have given good service. Plus it would have absolutely zero effect on the playing group.

Balta is our 2nd ruck, Samson Ryan is next in line and I suspect we'll draft a ruckman next week or at the end of the year.
Nah Tigers just heartless and cruel. A 2nd rounder and accepting it would just prove Tigers have a strong culture of togetherness. If they want a 1st rounder it just shows they hate Liam Baker as a human and treat the players as movable slaves without any souls

2nd rounder and have a club culuture vs 1st rounder and having no club culture or soul

I know which one im taking :p

So Grimes won't be around in 3 years.

Miller has been a slow burn and relatively unproven.

Gibus just did an ACL.

Balta is a solid role playing tall who could improve.

Ryan don't know much about.

Young forwards?

That isn't a long list of young tall talent.

So Grimes won't be around in 3 years.

Miller has been a slow burn and relatively unproven.

Gibus just did an ACL.

Balta is a solid role playing tall who could improve.

Ryan don't know much about.

Young forwards?

That isn't a long list of young tall talent.
We need young talent everywhere, hence the need for draft picks. Anyway, this isn't a Richmond list management thread.

You said the Tigers don't need young talls to be involved in the Baker trade.

Eagles look like having surplus talls to help get a deal done for Baker.

Now you just said the opposite.:think::rolleyes:
I said we don't need a 2nd ruck and already have a bloke playing Maric's role. You don't trade one of your best players and vice-captain for fringe players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back And Forth I Dont Care GIF by hamlet

This thread summed up.

Think Richmond supporters are severely under rating WC talent. Bailey Williams is whatever, nice player but not really valuable.

Maric and a 2nd would be nice for Richmond IMO. Maric has shown glimpses but is no sure thing. WC aren't going to let him go anyway so it's a moot point.

Allen if not everyone's definition of "elite" is a very good AFL talent and could lead any AFL forwardline if not injured half the time. **** knows how Waterman is playing like he is but he's basically the best forward in the comp the last month, no one is getting a game ahead of that. The original point before we started debating terms is pretty fair.

Even with playing better, the trade still makes no sense for WC to me because either way, they are giving up young talent (draft picks or players) for a 27 year old and as incredible as Reid is, there are still plenty of holes and players to replace before the group does anything meaningful. As Xavier Ellis said "don't blow your load thinking you're ahead of where you are"

What? We have Balta in the side who is a prototype 2nd ruck? And Samson Ryan in the reserves.

We need a backup 1st ruck now that Naismith is cooked.
Balta is a waste in that role, just as much as Oscar Allen was. Samson Ryan in the reserves is a bit of a issue in the fact he is still in the reserves

Id say you just need 1 more that is a best 22 100% of the time and give Ryan some time

Also you all missed out one on the bingo card

- Baker has given great service. It would be poor form and poor culture to not let him go wherever he wants cheaply. It could cause a rift in the playing group
We will let him go with our blessing so it doesnt cause issues with the playing group as we have done in the past

But we will only if well compensated

Get ready to pay the price ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back