List Mgmt. List Management 2024-25

Remove this Banner Ad

Boak will make the HoF one day because of the C.S.I.R.A criteria, but he wont get in as quick as the other 350 gamers I listed, have or will. Blakey wont, or if he does it might be 50 years after he finished up.

Character, Sportsmanship, Integrity, Record and Ability.
Character hey….

Wayne Carey said hello.

There's a line between optimism and delusion and you have crossed it as the players are mentally weak and that's one of the reasons they have lost so many finals and big games over the last 5 years.
I appreciate you having a read and giving your opinion.

What I will say is that my optimism is based on the good list in the hands of a very good coach.

Lets call it the Buckley2McRae.

Last edited:

I suppose having 60% of the attributes is a pass.

Carey doesn’t have “hall of fame” integrity either…
There are people who have been convicted of crimes who are in the HoF.

The major reason why someone should get in, is because of what they produced on the field. Its not a HoF of good manners and virtues.

There are people who have been convicted of crimes who are in the HoF.

The major reason why someone should get in, is because of what they produced on the field. Its not a HoF of good manners and virtues.
I count three players with criminal records if Barry Cable is included.

Sydney forward Will Hayward is set to receive some big offers to leave the Harbour City.
The restricted free agent kicked four big goals in Saturday’s win over GWS at the SCG and Kane Cornes thinks a club will pay him $800,000 a year to leave the club he’s played 145 games for.
Cornes spoke about Hayward’s decision with Channel Nine’s Tom Morris on SEN Breakfast where they discussed what the Swan could receive if he leaves compared to re-signing with Sydney.
Morris added that Hayward, provided he were to leave the Swans, will only move to a club that’s in the premiership window and named four potential destinations for him to pick from.
“If he does leave the Sydney Swans and it's still an if, I doubt that it will be a club down the bottom of the ladder.
“The clubs that we know are interested are both Adelaide clubs – he is from South Australia … you put Port maybe ahead of Adelaide in the premiership race although maybe your mind has changed.
“Carlton is very keen on him and then there'll be a couple of other Melbourne clubs as well that'll be interested, including Melbourne.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't be against trading Wines out if someone offered a 2nd rounder. Maybe we'd have to throw in some steak knives.

Seems crazy to say that about someone who won the Brownlow only a few years ago
You keep hearing north will lookout for some mature midfielders it would make sense for them. Get some salary of the book for us. He should have 2-3 years left in him .

100% agree with you.

There is a reason the AFL badly needs to look at the F/S and academy bidding processes and even up the playing field

After the next batch of Burgoynes pls.

After the next batch of Burgoynes pls.
I have a feeling they won’t change anything this year, as clubs have already made trade moves for academy and FS players in this year’s draft.

Next year will be a different story.

I have a feeling they won’t change anything this year, as clubs have already made trade moves for academy and FS players in this year’s draft.

Next year will be a different story.
Doubt it will affect the Burgoyne boys anyway as they will very likely not get bid on in the first round.

Any changes to F/S bidding should, and will most likely, target bids on players in the first round - none of this 5 third round picks to match a first bullshit.

Perhaps it would make sense to remove the 20% discount for matching bids, or maybe keep the 20% discount only for points matched by a first round pick (i.e. if you use multiple second/third round picks to match you get no discount). Most clubs are already trading out of the first round for a premium of later picks, so makes no sense to reward them with further surplus points with a discount.

I'm not usually the guy to complain about big dollars or big years on contracts, but $800k a year to Will Hayward is insane. He's not even that good.

Doubt it will affect the Burgoyne boys anyway as they will very likely not get bid on in the first round.

Any changes to F/S bidding should, and will most likely, target bids on players in the first round - none of this 5 third round picks to match a first bullshit.

Perhaps it would make sense to remove the 20% discount for matching bids, or maybe keep the 20% discount only for points matched by a first round pick (i.e. if you use multiple second/third round picks to match you get no discount). Most clubs are already trading out of the first round for a premium of later picks, so makes no sense to reward them with further surplus points with a discount.
The main board thread on this makes for interesting reading. The northern clubs supporters somehow think they are disadvantaged, whilst the Victorian clubs supporters think they get a rough deal by not having access to northern academy players and completely forgeting about the years of generational f/S talent being picked up cheaply.

One thing for sure, 30 odd picks in the “first” round and Gold Coast getting 4 players inside the top 26 (matching at 3, 9, 14 and 26) for picks 26, 30, 32, 38, 42, 47, 49 and 51 is rubbish.

I'm not usually the guy to complain about big dollars or big years on contracts, but $800k a year to Will Hayward is insane. He's not even that good.

Outrageous money for someone whos kicked 30 goals in a year once

Remove this Banner Ad

Back