List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

All-Australians: 8 (Travis Boak - 3 times, Connor Rozee - 2 times, Aliir Aliir, Zak Butters, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Charlie Dixon, Dan Houston, Ollie Wines)
Rising Star winners: 0
Top-10 draft picks: 4 (Travis Boak, Jason Horne-Francis, Connor Rozee, Ollie Wines)

8 All Australians. Nearly half the team out on the field at any given moment. Not including very high quality players such as Rioli, Horne-Francis, etc. Holes lol.
How can we expect Ken to ever win anything with 14 whole players in the side who aren't even All-Australians!

port-adelaide.jpg

AFL Draft: 26 (equal fifth most)
Trade:
10 (equal third most)
Free agency:
2 (equal sixth most)
Rookie Draft/Cat B rookies:
2 (equal 17th most)
Pre-Season Draft/SSP:
0 (equal 16th most)
Mid-Season Draft:
2 (equal seventh most)

port-adelaide.jpg

AFL Draft: 26 (equal fifth most)
Trade: 10 (equal third most)
Free agency: 2 (equal sixth most)
Rookie Draft/Cat B rookies: 2 (equal 17th most)
Pre-Season Draft/SSP: 0 (equal 16th most)
Mid-Season Draft: 2 (equal seventh most)

Your link is doubled .. so it's a dud!

Compare the Pear

Draft Year (According to RookieMe)

• Nasiah Wanganeen Milera: 188cm, 70kg
  • Jase Burgoyne: 186cm, 70kg
Jase-Burgoyne-Port-Adelaide-2021-SANFL-League.jpg

Wanganeen-Milera.JPG

2024 Pre-Season (according to afl.com)
  • Nasiah Wanganeen Milera: 188cm, 76kg (+6kg)
  • Jase Burgoyne: 186cm, 70kg (+ 0kg)
img_0803-jpg.1889081

GD8LFRubsAAQcKv

Is it possible Jase has gotten smaller? I don't see why he hasn't been able to put on any discernable size in 2+ years. He's got wider shoulders than NWM

Compare the Pear

Draft Year (According to RookieMe)

• Nasiah Wanganeen Milera: 188cm, 70kg
  • Jase Burgoyne: 186cm, 70kg
2024 Pre-Season (according to afl.com)
  • Nasiah Wanganeen Milera: 188cm, 76kg (+6kg)
  • Jase Burgoyne: 186cm, 70kg (+ 0kg)
Is it possible Jase has gotten smaller? I don't see why he hasn't been able to put on any discernable size in 2+ years. He's got wider shoulders than NWM

Complete Bullsh*t

Jase put on 5kg during the off season (75kg in 2024)

The pic you used to compare Jase with Nasiah would obviously show Nasiah's arm muscles (delts, tri's, bi's) enlarged due to the stress & blood flow during a targeted arm workout session compared with a training session which isn't specific to the arms which Jase is pictured in.

Complete Bullsh*t

Jase put on 5kg during the off season (75kg in 2024)

The pic you used to compare Jase with Nasiah would obviously show Nasiah's arm muscles (delts, tri's, bi's) enlarged due to the stress & blood flow during a targeted arm workout session compared with a training session which isn't specific to the arms which Jase is pictured in.

The weight number itself is less important than the overall difference in photos between draft and now.

It's hard to get accurate weight numbers for before and now, and there are some opposing numbers on his draft weight anyway (65kg in some, 70kg in others)

If he was 65kg when we drafted him, then he's gained 10kg, and that looks even less likely.

But comparing them side by side, i just can't see much of a difference, maybe he's gained some weight, but not muscle.

I'd happily compare photos of them in the gym but i can't find one of him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weight number itself is less important than the overall difference in photos between draft and now.
The photos are a load of crap comparison though. NWM is actually lifting something there which means of course his arm muscles are going to be bulging and bigger compared to Jase who just has his arms hanging.

It's hard to get accurate weight numbers for before and now, and there are some opposing numbers on his draft weight anyway (65kg in some, 70kg in others)

If he was 65kg when we drafted him, then he's gained 10kg, and that looks even less likely.

But comparing them side by side, i just can't see much of a difference, maybe he's gained some weight, but not muscle.

I'd happily compare photos of them in the gym but i can't find one of him

I'll try to explain this in the nicest way

Comparing photos of them both at the gym in different locations won't cut it.

Why you ask?

Because if you've been to the gym and lifted weights you would understand that different exercises for example deltoids only or triceps only will make your arms look bigger than someone who is just doing cardio ie treadmill. You both could have the same muscle mass.

You cant therefore say well my arms look bigger than there's simply because you just put your muscles into stress ie an "active" state.

Secondly lighting and camera angle plays a huge role in showing the illusion of "bigger" muscle definition.

The only real way to compare is having both of them side by side or doing the exact same workout ie photos taken in the same position with lighting and camera angle the same etc.

Hopefully you can understand what your trying to say and show doesn't make sense

Why you ask?

Because if you've been to the gym and lifted weights you would understand that different exercises for example deltoids only or triceps only will make your arms look bigger than someone who is just doing cardio ie treadmill. You both could have the same muscle mass.

You cant therefore say well my arms look bigger than there's simply because you just put your muscles into stress ie an "active" state.

Secondly lighting and camera angle plays a huge role in showing the illusion of "bigger" muscle definition.

The only real way to compare is having both of them side by side or doing the exact same workout ie photos taken in the same position with lighting and camera angle the same etc.

Hopefully you can understand what your trying to say and show doesn't make sense

Why you ask?

Thanks for explaining it in the nicest (see: condescending) way possible

Let's take NWM out of the equation since it seems like you can't..

Compare the photos of Jase and tell me if you really think he's gained much size since we drafted him

Compare the photos of Jase and tell me if you really think he's gained much size since we drafted him

Look if thats what you still think no worries I've explained it to you how illogical your "compare the pear" is.

Im not going compare photos of Jase on a Friday arvo.

There are photos of him training with the squad in early 2021 and you can see the difference, I'll leave it at that.

Look if thats what you still think no worries I've explained it to you how illogical your "compare the pear" is.

Im not going compare photos of Jase on a Friday arvo.

There are photos of him training with the squad in early 2021 and you can see the difference, I'll leave it at that.

You've already replied to me 3 times, in length

But comparing the photos I already posted originally??

Nah that's a bridge too far hey mate 🤣

I think Jase looks a bit thicker around the chest shoulders and arms than he did even last year.

Some guys don't put muscle on quickly or noticeably, I remember Toby Thurstans was always complaining about how he lost any muscle gains as soon as they started intense running.

Jase has good functional strength, if that increases, that's what he needs.

Tom Clurey has been training on a wing in efforts to continue his career.

Ch 7 news.

Surely not.

He's kidding himself if he thinks he can play anywhere other than key back, and even then he should really be accepting the reality that his future is helping develop those around him in the SANFL and then retiring at the end of his contract.

Ch 7 news.

Surely not.

He's kidding himself if he thinks he can play anywhere other than key back, and even then he should really be accepting the reality that his future is helping develop those around him in the SANFL and then retiring at the end of his contract.

The thing with Clurey is that he's now 5th on the KPD depth chart behind Aliir, Zerk-Thatcher, McKenzie and Ratugolea, not to mention possibly behind guys like Bergman and Burton who can play tall. In other words, he's basically no chance of ever getting a game in that spot.

He's probably not a great chance of being good as a winger but there's probably more chance of him adding something to the squad by developing competency as a depth player in that role than ever playing KPD for us again.

Ch 7 news.

Surely not.

We need wingers and he's not getting a game anywhere else on the ground. Has always been a good runner from an endurance perspective so probably not as bad at the role as you'd expect.

Having said that, I'd take the delisted Bonner over him on a wing any day of the week.

We need wingers and he's not getting a game anywhere else on the ground. Has always been a good runner from an endurance perspective so probably not as bad at the role as you'd expect.

Having said that, I'd take the delisted Bonner over him on a wing any day of the week.
Clurey used to win our time trials which indicates he has the engine to play wing. A wingman who is superior in the air is a great outlet for the defence.

I’ve certainly seen sillier suggestions for the wing….(cough)….Wines…(cough).

Ch 7 news.

Surely not.

What makes you think it’s his choice?

Good decision I recon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back