List Mgmt. List management 2022-2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking at our OOC players for 2023 these 5 should be our priority to lock away:
SPP
Farrell
Bergman
Georgiades
Burgoyne

Then there’s the old crew who we make a decision on towards the end of the year:
Jonas
Boak
Dixon
Lycett
McKenzie

These guys are probs 50/50 Depending on Form:
Fantasia
Bonner

Then the rest of the young crew who probably have a lot to prove this year:
Hayes
Lord
Jackson
Williams
Teakle
McEntee
Barkla
Dumont (I know he’s not young but he’d be in this category too)
Swap Farrell with Bonner and it's about right.

Just looking at our OOC players for 2023 these 5 should be our priority to lock away:
SPP
Farrell
Bergman
Georgiades
Burgoyne

Then there’s the old crew who we make a decision on towards the end of the year:
Jonas
Boak
Dixon
Lycett
McKenzie

Fantasia
Bonner

Hayes
Lord
Jackson
Williams
Teakle
McEntee
Barkla
I’d keep Dixon and boak for experience and decent backup plus you don’t want to do a north Melbourne and get rid of to much experience all at once
Get rid of Jonas mckenzie Lycett and mcentee
Possibly rid of Williams Barkla Jackson
That’d be 6-7 spots to fill
Push for ratugolea or better if available for back up in defence
Then hit some draft gems

Well the upside will hopefully be kossie flying round the forward line creating havoc

He's also not bad in defence either, mopping up loose balls and potting unwary forwards. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Naturally you've gotta give to get, if that's a Duursma or Bergman well so be it. Melbourne would want one of them and then some.

Wines not off the table for me.

hmmmm he's our obvious captain in waiting... then again.

Ollie wines and future 2nd round pick for picket and petty
Gives us 2 young players. With 1 being the kpd we need
We can try and add more midfielders during the draft. After this year we could have butters rozzee jhf drew houston Bergman Powell pepper that can run through there

SPP
Farrell
Bergman
Georgiades
Burgoyne

Jonas
Boak
Dixon
Lycett
McKenzie

Fantasia
Bonner

Hayes
Lord
Jackson
Williams
Teakle
McEntee
Barkla
Id be happy to see the back of all of those plyers under your top 5. Except Boak. He can stay until he's 50 if he wants. Might as well terminate Orazio's contract now. As if he is going to play a game. Just blocking some kids development with his blutak and gaffa tape body

Port board has a real fetish for anyone that's tall. Doesn't matter if they're no good, as long as they're above 195cm.

If mcentee was 195cm they'd be cupping his balls.

On SM-A736B using BigFooty.com mobile app
lol, he says, without a hint of irony that just a few days ago you were lambasting people for questioning Marshall's output.

Port board has a real fetish for anyone that's tall. Doesn't matter if they're no good, as long as they're above 195cm.

If mcentee was 195cm they'd be cupping his balls.

Most people don't want to see 188cm players up against guys 10cm taller. Lycett despite being tall gets a fair share of criticism on here though.

lol, he says, without a hint of irony that just a few days ago you were lambasting people for questioning Marshall's output.
Not a good comparison. Toddy didn't start to really cop it until his 4th season.

Mcentee copped it before he even set foot at the club mainly because he is 176cm instead of 195cm. No grace period for him.

Not a good comparison. Toddy didn't start to really cop it until his 4th season.

Mcentee copped it before he even set foot at the club mainly because he is 176cm instead of 195cm. No grace period for him.

Shift the goal posts all you want. It's unwritten law that talls get given multiple years of grace periods where smalls are expected to be ready to go within two. History with delistings also shows this.

I'd be surprised if we're not heavily into McKay. A free agent to fill a defensive hole, with some real size about him is just a perfect fit for us.

A 2025 backline of Aliir, McKay and Pasini would be pretty solid, with Jonas, McKenzie and Clurey phased out this year and next.
Agreed.

Unfortunately I'd be equally surprised if we landed him.

I rate our list management team but getting a sought after player like that out of Victoria is a tough gig.

Last edited:

? Marshall has copped it from 2017 when he was picked ahead of Trengove for the final. I can think of all sorts of concerns being raised over him through all of '18, '19, '20, and especially '21. You're bending reality there if you think his criticism came only in 2020.

There's been a lot of patience around him, lots of belief in what he might be able to do, but there were a lot of red flags for a long time until this years sudden and abrupt 'clicking'. Only have to look at the kid who for the first 5 years was a terrible shot on goal because of his mental demons (even though he should've been a dead eye) and now with the same skills, same ability, suddenly is standing at the 40-50m line every week screaming at his team mates if they dont pass off a short one so he can take responsibility for kicking the goal. He's a completely different kid now, it has been sudden and abrupt his growth, and thank * for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North will be offering McKay a blank cheque, he is their most important player by far right now. I don't think we can compete when we have to have space for Rozee/Butters/JHF/Marshall/Georgiades in their peak

If you can't see why a 203cm 18 year old gets more time to develop than a 176cm 20 year old, you're only exposing your own lack of knowledge about football.

? Marshall has copped it from 2017 when he was picked ahead of Trengove for the final. I can think of all sorts of concerns being raised over him through all of '18, '19, '20, and especially '21. You're bending reality there if you think his criticism came only in 2020.

There's been a lot of patience around him, lots of belief in what he might be able to do, but there were a lot of red flags for a long time until this years sudden and abrupt 'clicking'. Only have to look at the kid who for the first 5 years was a terrible shot on goal because of his mental demons (even though he should've been a dead eye) and now with the same skills, same ability, suddenly is standing at the 40-50m line every week screaming at his team mates if they dont pass off a short one so he can take responsibility for kicking the goal. He's a completely different kid now, it has been sudden and abrupt his growth, and thank * for it.
Several injuries, and the passing of both parents, for a young kid living in a different State, contributed a teeny weeny bit to his slow development as a 197cm tall forward, I would have thought!

You just sound like someone trying to justify their early bullshit stance on a young developing KPF.

If you can't see why a 203cm 18 year old gets more time to develop than a 176cm 20 year old, you're only exposing your own lack of knowledge about football.
All those that 'liked' this post should unlike it because it's a total misrepresentation.

Of course a tall should receive a longer grace period to develop than a small. Mcentee didn't receive any grace period from some on here, not even 5 seconds!!

All those that 'liked' this post should unlike it because it's a total misrepresentation.

Of course a tall should receive a longer grace period to develop than a small. Mcentee didn't receive any grace period from some on here, not even 5 seconds!!

Almost as if people can make judgements on draftees prior to them playing???

* dude let it go. McEntee is a spud. It happens sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back