List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

I've been trying to gather information on Rome Burgoyne. It's a bit early but do people know what position he plays, his greatest attributes, and perhaps and idea what his draft capital would have been worth I the open draft?

I've been trying to gather information on Rome Burgoyne. It's a bit early but do people know what position he plays, his greatest attributes, and perhaps and idea what his draft capital would have been worth I the open draft?

Wing / halfback

He’s in next years draft and we’re a year out so it’s only guesswork at this stage but he’s been amongst the last one picked into those showcase games, most draft watchers on bigfooty don’t really feature him at all or have him amongst the last names to feature and he’s tracking similarly, if not behind his brother jase at the same stage tho people (don’t know who these people are it’s just always says “people” in the articles) call him the most talented of the brothers. Tho they always seem to say that about the youngest.

There’s enough there to be excited about, but he’s likely a work in progress like his brother and where he goes in the draft is going to depend on his draft year.

As a wing / halfback it will take a massive year for him to be considered a top 30 player.

Today his capital is about zero.

Injury an issue this past season.
Played 6 under 18 games average 18 disposals at 104% efficiency. ( that's what it says on the sanfl site)

The last futures representive game he played when he came in for an injured Lou Montgomery he dropped into defence went OK.

Rome's skills get talked up.

We will know very early in the piece next year if his draft capital is up there at the top end or we rookie him.

We've probably got to lift the bar on what we expect from F/S selections looking at the like of Luca Slade, Kade De La Rue and a host of others that didn't get picked up this past draft.

Jack Graham and Will Hayward are pety obvious free agent targets next year.

'I would take player X over McEntee' is not a good reason to recruit player X. There are literally a thousand players I would take over McEntee.
If it results in McEntee not getting selected it is worth consideration.

If it results in McEntee not getting selected it is worth consideration.

simpsons-i-wish-to-subscribe-to-your-newsletter.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I would have been keen on Hayward as a position of need as a free agent at the right price. Wouldn’t want to give him a big contract tho.

We should have our hat in the ring..

Hayward 1.1 goals 0.6 assists for the tribey goal+assists stat return of 1.7 a game.

Hayward 1.7 - 1.3 - 14.9

Spp - goals + assists 1.8 goals ti50 - 1.4 p - 16
Rioli - G/A - 2.5 t50 - 1.2 p - 13.1
Mcintee - G/A - 1.1 ti50 - 1.3 pressures 16.5
Evans - G/A - 1.6 t50 - 0.8 p - 9.2

Hayward compares ok to our best two forwards in spp and Rioli and well ahead of mcintee and Evans.

Having said that it depends on what our two newly drafted small forwards show this off-season.

in any case if he’s already picked crows (and they can throw more money at him than we should as well) then its all a moot point.

Hayward is a very fine player who would add class to our forward line. I'd hate to see him lining up against us along with Rachelle and Rankine. Very scary. He's not a superstar but he's probably got better forward craft than anyone we currently have as a medium forward. Getting him as a free agent should be a priority to offset some of the disavantage of not having a first round selection next year.

will hayward the professional ipad salesmen

Last year we had twins (JHF, Bergman), looking at the 2024 squad, we nearly have triplets (Jones, Sinn, Soldo), if it wasn't for the fact that Soldo is that much taller than the others.

Sinn has gone for a very short haircut this off-season. So we shouldn't be as easily confused as to who it is walking around with ice on his hamstring or quad this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back