List Mgmt. List management 2022-2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think everyone getting excited about Ratugolea’s size. But does he ever use his size. His a run & jump at the ball type player maybe suited as an Allir backup. Don’t think he has the defensive craft to go body on body with the big forwards. Dream would be Ballard or Petty but they are signed till 2025. I prefer Zerk Thatcher over Rat still think his body & defensive craft are building. Also good user of the footy. And is out of contract this year.

Killing time watching replays from last season.

Ratugolea while I’m not sure of his defensive skills I’m more than happy to give him a shot to stop us being embarrassed by any half decent tall forward. Think Geelong held on to him for no reason other than to prevent us from having him.

We absolutely need someone and McKay is a preferred option who we should just throw the book at. If he for some reason turns down the ridiculous offer we put to him Ratugolea doesn’t have to be the best kpd in the competition he just needs to be half reasonable so we at least have some structure back there.

Is the latest Tiser article predicting a move for Dixon this year? Mentions an ageing star.. maybe Boak?

Defence?

We tried moving Boak to half forward and it was terrible. He is a midfielder and he is still an elite midfielder.

The day Boak can't fit into our midfield is the day he retires.

The only good explanation I can think of that he is training as a half forward is that they want to give some other guys training time/reps as pure midfielders in match simulation.

We tried moving Boak to half forward and it was terrible. He is a midfielder and he is still an elite midfielder.

The day Boak can't fit into our midfield is the day he retires.

The only good explanation I can think of that he is training as a half forward is that they want to give some other guys training time/reps as pure midfielders in match simulation.
He may have lost a step of pace. When this does happen, may be mid season, then we need to find another role for him.

I think JHF and Trav rotate from Centre to Half Forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's lost any pace, he'd be even more exposed on a half forward flank than in the middle.
This is a fair point
Boak was never blessed with a lot of pace to begin with he’s more of a power/gut runner. Pretty amazing that his times have continued to improve this preseason..

Maybe they want to preserve/nurse his body by rotating him more given his age?

This is a fair point
Boak was never blessed with a lot of pace to begin with he’s more of a power/gut runner. Pretty amazing that his times have continued to improve this preseason..

Maybe they want to preserve/nurse his body by rotating him more given his age?
Boak doesn’t need to train his stoppage work- he has done that for 15 years. He would be training at half forward because he , Butters, JHF and Rozee will all rotate midfield to forward and he has to improve his forward game.

DBJ's had a very strange career progression.

Stuck in the SANFL for the first two years, never on the radar for selection at all.

Bursts onto the scene basically out of nowhere and instantly becomes a best 22 player. Plays almost every game and barely plays a bad one, peaking with AA selection and the B&F in 2020. Gets destroyed by Dusty in the prelim that year and has been a borderline spud since.
It’s been discussed, but I’ll reiterate.
He stopped being effective when he was made to curb his ‘tough’ antics.
Instead of being the ‘hard as a cats head’ player he was curtailed and had his role changed.

All-Australians: 6 (Travis Boak - 3 times, Aliir Aliir, Darcy Byrne-Jones, Charlie Dixon, Connor Rozee, Ollie Wines)
Rising Star winners: 0
Top-10 draft picks: 4 (Travis Boak, Jason Horne-Francis, Connor Rozee, Ollie Wines)

Last year, Drew, Meade and Dumont all played games in the midfield.

So even if Boak isn’t first choice (which I think he is), he will still get get a run through there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back