List Mgmt. List Management 2023-24

Remove this Banner Ad

No but compare and contrast Hinkley to Kingsley
Not sure if it’s true but heard a story re Sanderson at the crows. Apparently first day he rocked up he challenged the players to a bench press comp & kicked everyone’s ass, including tippet who was the strongest crow at the time
Kingers did the same, but Toby karate kicked him :)

I am happy with what we did on draft day.

but a future first + Duursma out, and the highest pick we get back might be in the 30s. That doesn't make any sense. There are a lot of other ways we could have got the picks.
Out of interest, how else do we get Ratugolea, Zerk-Thatcher, Soldo and Sweet?

Roughly it worked out to be those four and our draftees for a future first rounder and Duursma. No draft hand due to bringing in JHF and Rioli last year and no one seemed interested in trading for our delistees.

No but compare and contrast Hinkley to Kingsley
Not sure if it’s true but heard a story re Sanderson at the crows. Apparently first day he rocked up he challenged the players to a bench press comp & kicked everyone’s ass, including tippet who was the strongest crow at the time

I’d rather run through a brick wall for Kingsley, than that slob we have as coach.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What’s it matter if he’s doing his job?

Body shaming still a popular thing is it?
Agree body shaming isn't the right thing. And yes as long as their good at their job does matter.

However is such a physically competitive working environment especially sports. I believe leaders, managers, instructors ect should take some sort of pride in their fitness and health. They don't have to be athletes or anything. But they lead by example, if you expect your subordinates to have a healthy life style and put in the hard yards to you should do the same to an extent. People look up to you and image does matter IMO. Little things like a coach who can run to pick up an off kick and boot it back to a player instead of waddling, small physical tasks loading unloading instead of watching. All these little things do inspire new people in a work environment to put in extra work and achieve their full potential.

Like i said they dont have to be athletes. Just maintain a healthy body and lifestyle which isn't hard ontop of mastering their job. For a coach or manager it is as easy as eating healthy and breaking a sweat 30 mins a day. A leader should aspire to become someone they want everyone who works for them to look up to and achieve their best.

Agreed
There appears to be a younger generation of coaches emerging like Voss, Kingsley, McRae & Hardwick who are ultra competitive, alpha males who are still ripped
Kingsley is huge & I imagine he would win some respect from his players for it.
Imagine a Kingsley v Hinkley celebrity death match?
& I imagine Kingsleys missus cops a fair old pounding too

We know you are portly, rick lol.
I’m fat and offended, yes quite sensitive. I’m Porky not Portly 😂 seriously though a lot of people are over weight for a variety of reasons, emotional eating, medical reason, previous trauma. Taking pot shots on an easy target is sad IMO.

Let’s start teasing on colour, teeth, sexual preference etc etc

Geoff Parker carrying a few KG’s isn’t relevant to a senior coach but even then the players should be motivated regardless of the coaches stature. I’d imagine respecting what he’s done in his playing career may be more inspirational.

And then he slept with their partners just to show how much more alpha he is?

I’m fat and offended, yes quite sensitive. I’m Porky not Portly 😂 seriously though a lot of people are over weight for a variety of reasons, emotional eating, medical reason, previous trauma. Taking pot shots on an easy target is sad IMO.

Let’s start teasing on colour, teeth, sexual preference etc etc
Leave my teeth alone, you unscrupulous bastard, or I'm hurling my dentures at you :madv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

32+ - Boak, Dixon
29-32 – McKenzie, Clurey, Aliir, Wines
27-29 – Rioli, Byrne-Jones, Finlayson, Soldo
25-27 – Burton, Houston, Narkle, Powell-Pepper, Sweet, Ratugolea, Zerk-Thather, Drew, Marshall
23-25 – Farrell, Rozee, Butters
21-23 – McEntee, Williams, Evans, Georgiades, Mead, Bergman, Lord, Jones
Under 21 – Horne-Francis, Burgoyne, MCCallum, K Marshall, Anastapoulos, Charleson, Lorenz, Welsh

32+ - Boak, Dixon
25-27 – Burton, Houston, Narkle, Powell-Pepper, Sweet, Ratugolea, Zerk-Thather, Drew, Marshall
Under 21 – Horne-Francis, Burgoyne, MCCallum, K Marshall, Anastapoulos, Charleson, Lorenz, Welsh, Jackson, Visentini, Scully

32+ - Boak, Dixon
Under 21 – Horne-Francis, Burgoyne, MCCallum, K Marshall, Anastapoulos, Charleson, Lorenz, Welsh, Jackson, Visentini, Scully

We should have 3 clear delistings next year. Boak, Dixon, McKenzie all set to retire.

You'd have to think Clurey with 2 more years left would be delisted and rookied next year.

That's pretty much all the moves we need to make.

Narkle, McCallum, Evans & Mead are playing for their futures this year. Can't see all being cut. Maybe 1-2. Would depend on what opens up for us in the draft and at trade time. With only a 2nd and 3rd in the draft though, large offseason culls would seem unlikely.

League ranking: 3rd
PLAYERS UNDER 24: Connor Rozee (23), Zak Butters (23), Miles Bergman (22), Francis Evans (22), Mitch Georgiades (22), Jed McEntee (22), Jackson Mead (22), Dylan Williams (22), Lachie Jones (21), Ollie Lord (21), Jase Burgoyne (20), Jason Horne-Francis (20), Dante Visentini (20), Josh Sinn (20), Hugh Jackson (20), Kyle Marshall (19), Thomas Scully (19), Tom McCallum (19), Thomas Anastasopoulos (18), Will Lorenz (18), Xavier Walsh (18), Lachlan Charleson (18)

TOP 5: Zak Butters, Connor Rozee, Jason Horne-Francis, Miles Bergman, Mitch Georgiades.

Wow. We knew the Port Adelaide midfield had a high ceiling with the likes of Zak Butters, Connor Rozee and Jason Horne-Francis, but this spread of young players can make up the majority of the Power’s best 22 for the next decade.
2023 was a glimpse at Miles Bergman’s potential that suggested he can be more than a key contributor, while Mitch Georgiades kicked 32 goals in just his second season of AFL.
With 13 players between 20 and 23, Port’s list demographic is spot on for another premiership tilt. But even if they miss again, it’s a young core that has no reasons not to be in contention for the near future.
All this is excluding any impact that 2023 draftees can have. If any of Will Lorenz, Thomas Anastasopoulos, Lachlan Charleson or Xavier Walsh could break into Ken Hinkley’s team, then they will be a serious talent.

Ports player list has been finally updated on the website

• includes names, numbers & bio data of new draftees (without picture)
  • removal of past players (retired/traded/delisted)
  • includes players traded in this off season (Soldo, Sweet, Ratugolea)
  • change of existing player numbers

Let’s start teasing on colour, TEETH, sexual preference etc etc

Geoff Parker carrying a few KG’s isn’t relevant to a senior coach but even then the players should be motivated regardless of the coaches stature. I’d imagine respecting what he’s done in his playing career may be more inspirational.
In my defence... I'm trying to get my teeth fixed but it seems no dentist wants my money....

😐

Remove this Banner Ad

Back