R.I.P Jack Dyer

Team Captain
Oct 2, 2003
Cotchin Court
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bulleen-Temp, MUFC, MVFC
whats the go with him guys...a few mates played school footy and oakleigh charges with him any chance of starting round 1 for the eagles and how do u guys rate him..cheers!

Besides the fact that he's had injuries, which he can hardly help, I'd say the impression on bigfooty would be that he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Read our training report thread, he gets a mention or 2.

Dreamteam questions starting a bit early ay?

Have never seen a bad word written about him and everyones pretty excited about seeing him in action. But as mentioned by Jimmy check out the training report, theres quite a bit in there

I heard he bashes little puppies in his sleep. There ya go. A bad word about him

Sounds like he will be a bit of a impact player off the bench next year after he gets his feet wet in pre season or if needed a tiny bit of WAFL. Would be bewildered/ticked off at the injury gods if he plays less then 10 games next year.

From training ive seen him do which is very little ill add he reminds me of a Marc Murphy with slightly less pace and kicking skills

I heard he bashes little puppies in his sleep. There ya go. A bad word about him

Sounds like he will be a bit of a impact player off the bench next year after he gets his feet wet in pre season or if needed a tiny bit of WAFL. Would be bewildered/ticked off at the injury gods if he plays less then 10 games next year.

From training ive seen him do which is very little ill add he reminds me of a Marc Murphy with slightly less pace and kicking skills

Geez i hope not. Watched a far bit of Murphy live this/last year and the only thing that lets him down is his kicking.

Geez i hope not. Watched a far bit of Murphy live this/last year and the only thing that lets him down is his kicking.

I like his kicking personally. Shueys kicking wont be high class stuff to begin with given all his leg injuries but im sure it will improve in time

Within the first 5 weeks of the premiership season, Shuey will play league. The only time he will come out of the WCE side after that will be from injury or the fact that the coaching staff thinks he needs a rest due to the fact he has absolutely no respect for his body.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shuey is quite quick too. 2.96s 20m sprint. I think he'd be about the same speed as Murphy.
That was his personal best though. What I mean is that his time may not be the best indication of his speed off the mark because although he is capable of that speed, he may not replicate it most of the time.

nah he did 2.92 at draft camp which may or may not be a p.b. - but comparably is one of the quicker players around as that was a top 10 result for that draft class. 4 of our draftees were top 10 for that test. definately have injected plenty of pace in the last couple of drafts

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=6109

They both only played 10 games in a team that was much weaker than this years lineup will be. All of the year befores draftees will be up before Sheppard

Most people said that about Naitanui and Swift.

Indeed, even Notte got 2 games in his first year.

A pretty general pattern with Worsfold is that he's happy to play the kids if that's where we're at with our development. I wouldn't be suprised to see Sheppard play 10ish games, ala Ebert and Masten in their first seasons (if I recall correctly, anyway).

Indeed, even Notte got 2 games in his first year.

A pretty general pattern with Worsfold is that he's happy to play the kids if that's where we're at with our development. I wouldn't be suprised to see Sheppard play 10ish games, ala Ebert and Masten in their first seasons (if I recall correctly, anyway).

The only reason Tony played was because we had that many injuries and it was too late to elevate Wilson

The only reason Tony played was because we had that many injuries and it was too late to elevate Wilson

Oh, fair enough. I don't recall that but it would make sense.

Still doesn't change the fact that Ebert, Masten, Naitanui and Swift got about 10 games in their first year.

We're smart enough not to stuff around when we're rebuilding by giving blokes like Chad Fletcher games...wait...

Sheppard is pretty light, it's the only problem he faces. 79 Kilo's and 187cm. He will get game time first round draftee's need it and our team needs the kids to get the game time going forward, it's a an issue of how much.

I would like him to play early in the season, he's played in the WAFL and we should give him a solid run 5-10 games depending on form at the first excuse.

Most people said that about Naitanui and Swift.
Including me:eek:
Sheppard is pretty light, it's the only problem he faces. 79 Kilo's and 187cm. He will get game time first round draftee's need it and our team needs the kids to get the game time going forward, it's a an issue of how much.

I would like him to play early in the season, he's played in the WAFL and we should give him a solid run 5-10 games depending on form at the first excuse.
Hmmm, as I was reading responses I was thinking about that.

Id like to see him play late in the season, only home games against weaker teams. Ie I want him cotton balled next year :thumbsu::)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back