Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Malcolm playing the long game on this one. Tony Abbott seems to be positioning himself as the unofficial leader of the NO case for SSM. Is he going to let Tony flog himself to bits with his bile and hatred till he is a spent force with no credibility or relevance?
I think you're giving him too much credit. He's just trying to hold on to his job.

This is a serious question. Who from the Liberal party do you think could do better given the state of their party atm?

Do you think Labor will do any better? I personally think yes.

Last edited:
There is no one good enough to lead the LNP out of this mess they are in. They are a bunch of clowns who lie, deflect and are simply inept.

Bishop? - NO. Toy boys and junket trips at taxpayer's expenses have damaged her, plus she is a perennial backstabber.
Dutton? - HAHAHAHAHA!! Spud of the highest order and should be locked up on Manus himself. Creep, will lose his seat.
Abbott? - Australia's number one a-hole and that's being kind. Backwards, regressive, despised and totally out of touch.
Pyne? - Sooky la la and prissy, seen as weak, must have been bullied at school when younger.
Abetz? - Hell no. Nasty vile POS.
Barnaby? - Drunkard and liar, should be drug tested for booze before he walks into parliament. Alcoholic.
Morrison? - His star has waned over the years. Once touted as leader, no chance now. Despised by the population.
Hunt? - Pfft. Worlds greatest environment minister my arse.
Cormann? - No chance. Too stupid to realise the public sees through his lies and babbling idiocy.

Best to stay with Turnbull till the next election just to save seats. If they dumped Malcolm and gave any of the above campaigners the job of leader, they will lose more than the 16 or more seats that are expected to fall at the next election. Even though Mal sold his soul to be PM to the far right of the party so he can full fill his desire to be PM, he is the best of a bad lot. Though Mal will not go down is history as a great PM, he will always be remembered for going back on his principals to lead our country. Australians saw through this facade and the LNP nearly blew the last election because of it. Puppet of the far right, nothing more.

There is no one good enough to lead the LNP out of this mess they are in. They are a bunch of clowns who lie, deflect and are simply inept.

Bishop? - NO. Toy boys and junket trips at taxpayer's expenses have damaged her, plus she is a perennial backstabber.
Dutton? - HAHAHAHAHA!! Spud of the highest order and should be locked up on Manus himself. Creep, will lose his seat.
Abbott? - Australia's number one a-hole and that's being kind. Backwards, regressive, despised and totally out of touch.
Pyne? - Sooky la la and prissy, seen as weak, must have been bullied at school when younger.
Abetz? - Hell no. Nasty vile POS.
Barnaby? - Drunkard and liar, should be drug tested for booze before he walks into parliament. Alcoholic.
Morrison? - His star has waned over the years. Once touted as leader, no chance now. Despised by the population.
Hunt? - Pfft. Worlds greatest environment minister my arse.
Cormann? - No chance. Too stupid to realise the public sees through his lies and babbling idiocy.

Best to stay with Turnbull till the next election just to save seats. If they dumped Malcolm and gave any of the above campaigners the job of leader, they will lose more than the 16 or more seats that are expected to fall at the next election. Even though Mal sold his soul to be PM to the far right of the party so he can full fill his desire to be PM, he is the best of a bad lot. Though Mal will not go down is history as a great PM, he will always be remembered for going back on his principals to lead our country. Australians saw through this facade and the LNP nearly blew the last election because of it. Puppet of the far right, nothing more.
It is obvious from this post that it is personal now. You are triggered beyond saving. I for one will be salivating at the fact that Mr 'Stand For Nothing' Shorten will allow me the chance to enjoy your pain at the next election. Btw, did you know it was two long years away?

It is obvious from this post that it is personal now. You are triggered beyond saving. I for one will be salivating at the fact that Mr 'Stand For Nothing' Shorten will allow me the chance to enjoy your pain at the next election. Btw, did you know it was two long years away?

what's Mal stand for?

what's Mal stand for?
Find this out for yourself. I ain't going to defend or build a case for Turdbull. That isn't my job. Shorten pisses into the wind and then decides he better change direction.
Shorten supported a plebiscite at one time.
Shorten supported lower company taxes.
Shorten was the Union hack that oversaw the stripping of workers penalty rates before he became a Pollie. Now he whinges when the FWC recommends that double time is too big a burden on small business.

Find this out for yourself. I ain't going to defend or build a case for Turdbull. That isn't my job. Shorten pisses into the wind and then decides he better change direction.
Shorten was the Union hack that oversaw the stripping of workers penalty rates before he became a Pollie. Now he whinges when the FWC recommends that double time is too big a burden on small business.
And he may have lucked himself into a position where he can lead Australia through a time of reform unseen since Hawke.

Get your hand of it Lebbo, what you can't understand it's the truth. You are so delusional if you think that the LNP will win the next election you really haven't a clue. The LNP are a bunch of FAILURES, they stand for nothing but a long list of broken promises and an unhealthy bullshit born to rule attitude.

They are ****ing useless and will be tossed out, and deservedly so. Why would anyone want to keep these bunch of rotten arseholes in government when all they have done is divided the country and pissed away opportunities to make this country a better place instead they rather stick to backwards, regressive, unpopular policies that damage the very heart of mainstream Australians.

You can sit there all smug thinking that the LNP will win the next election, however when they do get thrashed, let's hear your excuses and whining then.

Get your hand of it Lebbo, what you can't understand it's the truth. You are so delusional if you think that the LNP will win the next election you really haven't a clue. The LNP are a bunch of FAILURES, they stand for nothing but a long list of broken promises and an unhealthy bullshit born to rule attitude.

They are ****ing useless and will be tossed out, and deservedly so. Why would anyone want to keep these bunch of rotten arseholes in government when all they have done is divided the country and pissed away opportunities to make this country a better place instead they rather stick to backwards, regressive, unpopular policies that damage the very heart of mainstream Australians.

You can sit there all smug thinking that the LNP will win the next election, however when they do get thrashed, let's hear your excuses and whining then.
When you wake up and realise that the only hand on it is yours, then there can be a discussion about reality. You believe that the next election is a foregone conclusion. I disagree. The next election is a 50/50 bet. Shorten stands for nothing and will change with the wind. That is why Turdbull is the preferred PM.
Btw, what are the broken promises since the last election?

After Turnbull's meeting yesterday with electricity suppliers, can someone explain how my bills will be cheaper given I and others like me have already checked with all supplier's rates? If one has not heard of 'one big switch', they mustn't watch much commercial TV or read newspapers with all the free publicity they are getting. BTW isn't the best deal from them.

Big announcement over nothing methinks.

When you wake up and realise that the only hand on it is yours, then there can be a discussion about reality. You believe that the next election is a foregone conclusion. I disagree. The next election is a 50/50 bet. Shorten stands for nothing and will change with the wind. That is why Turdbull is the preferred PM.
The incumbent is almost always the preferred PM, even when their party gets spanked in an election. Someone in the job versus someone untested. Preferred PM is one of the least significant polls.

Gillard was preferred PM over Abbott, so your logic means nothing.

This election is no where near 50/50, it's a given that the LNP will lose seats. Their problem is that they are a do nothing government who have a inward look at the economy and the people who they are meant to serve. Turnbull stands for nothing, he is simply full of piss and wind and since the last election, the LNP have done sweet * all to fix the economy or bring about policies to help struggling Australians. $4 intern jobs and slashing penalty rates are a nasty way of trying to create jobs, instead it's designed to put more money into the hands of the rich whom don't really need it anyway.

I suppose the upside to this SSM vote is that their poll numbers aren't going to improve.

You'd expect a government trailing 54-46 would try create some narrative around their perceived strengths before the next election; but instead, apathetic & tired voters are going to hear nothing but SSM debate for the rest of the year. Good job Mal :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll take that bet

Coalition will lose 18 seats

Turnbull can't seem to provide any coherence to his attacks on Shorten.

One minute Shorten is the corrupt union leader who was too in bed with employers (too right wing). Next minute he is ranting about how Shorten is "the most left wing Labor leader in modern history" (which is what he said today in QT).

Which is it Truffles?

Yep Turnbull is cactus, as he should be.
Had promise as a genuine moderate, now so wizened by the loony right he is merely a caricature.
This "postal survey", something he railed about not so long ago, has finished him.
Labor has a plus 15 majority in the bag minimum for the next election.

Turnbull can't seem to provide any coherence to his attacks on Shorten.

One minute Shorten is the corrupt union leader who was too in bed with employers (too right wing). Next minute he is ranting about how Shorten is "the most left wing Labor leader in modern history" (which is what he said today in QT).

Which is it Truffles?
Given he's competing against Hawke, Keating, Rudd and Gillard, most left wing is not much of a stretch. Labor hadn't had a truly left wing PM since Gough. They still don't.

Had promise as a genuine moderate, now so wizened by the loony right he is merely a caricature.
This "postal survey", something he railed about not so long ago, has finished him.
That's what has done him in.

bit like Turnbull...right?

When you're as far left as the Greens, everything looks loony right from there.

No one does it like Shorten

Did Shorten talk to Liberal party hacks about standing for parliament as a liberal?
Did he harbour aspirations to head the Business Council of Australia?

During his time at the head of the Republican Movement, Turnbull considered running as a Labor candidate. He held talks with John Della Bosca during this time on a possible switch and he harboured aspirations in his youth to head the Australian Workers' Union.

They are both careerist trash.

This thread is about Turnbull.

Who, in your opinion, would be a better leader of the Libs right now?
If you think Turnbull's the best current choice that's ok. I can't see him getting rolled before the next election, people have had gutful of sitting PMs being knifed.

This thread is about Turnbull.

Who, in your opinion, would be a better leader of the Libs right now?
If you think Turnbull's the best current choice that's ok. I can't see him getting rolled before the next election, people have had gutful of sitting PMs being knifed.

He's blackmailed them, too, making it clear that his knifing will mean a resignation and by-election, and possible loss of majority.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back