Malcolm Turnbull - How long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turnbull is a pissant. He should have dealt with Abbott a long time ago and he has had all the opportunities to do it. One conscience vote on gay marriage and the entire NSW right would have imploded and Abbott is politically dead. Yet he never had the courage to do it.

Reminds me of Costello letting Howard put him in his pocket for a decade.

Sometimes you gotta crack some eggs.

Turnbull is a pissant. He should have dealt with Abbott a long time ago and he has had all the opportunities to do it. One conscience vote on gay marriage and the entire NSW right would have imploded and Abbott is politically dead. Yet he never had the courage to do it.

Reminds me of Costello letting Howard put him in his pocket for a decade.

Sometimes you gotta crack some eggs.
Spot on. Should have done it day 1.

''Right Tony you lost the vote now do the right thing and resign from Parliament, we do not want the Labor experience''. I think the scars may have healed by now if he did

Spot on. Should have done it day 1.

''Right Tony you lost the vote now do the right thing and resign from Parliament, we do not want the Labor experience''. I think the scars may have healed by now if he did
What truly staggers me is that they watched on as the ALP exploded in government, and didn't learn a bloody thing. Turnbull is the Will Minson of Parliament, the dumbest smart bloke in there.

The Liberals (and the Nationals) must now privately regret winning the 2016 election in the first place. They would rather have preferred to lose the election, therefore allowing the Coalition to undergo a major overhaul of its team and to bring in long overdue new talent to its Cabinet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Liberals (and the Nationals) must now privately regret winning the 2016 election in the first place. They would rather have preferred to lose the election, therefore allowing the Coalition to undergo a major overhaul of its team and to bring in long overdue new talent to its Cabinet.

That's not how the 'born to rule' think.
They clearly chose Turnbull to win the election, knowing that they didn't have anyone else.
They have made damn sure that he never made himself too popular because that would allow him to ignore them in favour of the electorate.

That's not how the 'born to rule' think.
They clearly chose Turnbull to win the election, knowing that they didn't have anyone else.
They have made damn sure that he never made himself too popular because that would allow him to ignore them in favour of the electorate.

And once he got his chance Turnbull has refused to make it his own. Instead he has bowed at every step to Abbott and Co.

It is hard enough being prime minister. It is nearly impossible when you don’t even agree with half the crap they make you peddle.

No way a leader like Kennett or Keating would put up with this. But then we tend to vote those types of leaders out

And once he got his chance Turnbull has refused to make it his own. Instead he has bowed at every step to Abbott and Co.

It is hard enough being prime minister. It is nearly impossible when you don’t even agree with half the crap they make you peddle.

No way a leader like Kennett or Keating would put up with this. But then we tend to vote those types of leaders out

True, but Malcolm is a strong leader. He told us so.

He's an ex banker for God sake. No real morals. Its only ever about power & money. Thats all those types care about. A bit of window dressing about his desire for a republic really matters not.

His type would sell their grandmother & take over her cottage so as best to manage her affairs. ;)
A mug who hasn't a clue is still a mug.

Abbott has declared open war on Turnbull.

Abbott has forced Turnbull to back away from the Clean Energy Target and end subsidies for renewables from 2020. But as usual with Turnbull his policies are about appearance rather than substance.

Energy retailers will be forced to buy a minimum amount of baseload power from coal, gas or hydro for every megawatt of renewable energy.
This is supposedly part of a "National Energy Guarantee" that will reduce energy prices and also increase reliability. But also in the plan is an “Emissions Guarantee” that will tell energy retailers to provide a proportion of their electricity from sources that have low greenhouse gas emissions. These two strategies are in direct opposition with each other. It's not clear how the policy will reduce energy prices, increase supply reliability, or reduce CO2 emissions.
If the government ended subsidies for renewables immediately much of the confusion would disappear. But it would still take time for energy market to adjust.

Turnbull will lose the next election if he has no coherent energy plan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a farce this government has become!
Still waiting for $500 Abbott promised now I am going to save $10 per month with Turnbull's plan.
Buys me a kilo of Adelaide tomatoes. What a fool.
Can't wait for them to go.

It's a sad reality maggie
My seat DUNKLEY once held by bilson ( shown to be in the pocket of franchising council ) who recieved 2 incomes ( where's that juicy story) and voted and pushed abolishment of penalty rates
Conservatives won seat and election on a 65% turnout with 5%. Informal by 324 odd votes
Makes you wonder

Malcom, the tribe has spoken

The hide of a PM who keeps his finances offshore using federal resources to try to re smear his political opponent is pretty thick

We usually overlook such things if the pm is actually achieving anything

He isnt

What a farce this government has become!
Still waiting for $500 Abbott promised now I am going to save $10 per month with Turnbull's plan.
Buys me a kilo of Adelaide tomatoes. What a fool.
Can't wait for them to go.

Labour gave us windmills. 'Huzzah'

Cat Lady expecting money from the Government. Who would have thunk?

If the Highcourt rubs out all these dual citizen w***ers, will parliament roll on and try to get by through bi-elections, or will we all be sent back to the polls to vote again?

If the Highcourt rubs out all these dual citizen ******s, will parliament roll on and try to get by through bi-elections, or will we all be sent back to the polls to vote again?

Will labor be planning to maximise the balance in the upper house too? that might be a factor in any timng of bringing down the govt. they may quote 'do them slowly' to be abble to get clear oucomes on : SSM, Power and climate change, NBN, penalty rates etc

If Barnaby Joyce and Michaelia Cash are forced to resign from the government due to the High Court ruling and the AWB scandal respectively, would Malcolm Turnbull have no option but to call a snap poll around February/March 2018, knowing full well the Coalition could lose the election by a big margin, and also that Turnbull would be vulnerable to a leadership challenge from Tony Abbott straight after the election?

If Barnaby Joyce and Michaelia Cash are forced to resign from the government due to the High Court ruling and the AWB scandal respectively, would Malcolm Turnbull have no option but to call a snap poll around February/March 2018, knowing full well the Coalition could lose the election by a big margin, and also that Turnbull would be vulnerable to a leadership challenge from Tony Abbott straight after the election?

Like I said, the timing of a government fall would be in the hands of the opposition parties

Turnbull has sacrificed any modicum of self respect or principles on anything.
He must love the trappings of being PM above all else.
Dead man walking.
I honestly think that's what it is all about with Turnbull.

He said he'd quit politics if and when he loses an election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back