Opinion Mark Logiudice and the Board of Directors - No Board changes as at 24th Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

If i was more of a prick, i would give you a spray, thats pathetic.

Whether you like him or not, Mark is a very successful businessman, who is the director of multiple companies and is on/has served on the committee for the royal children hospital. You don't get to these positions in life and to become club president if you are a boofmhead.

So what if he swears, normal people do.
I took it back mate calm down. I did say it was superficial of me.

Was standing next to MLG at the traffic lights on queen st today hoping to catch something while he Was talking to an associate all I heard was some bull about how much money a pub would coat and a whole lot of effs. Swears like he Mick Gatto having a sip of his espresso on Lygon st. He has to go clearly a bad prez. In all seriousness did not strike me as a sophisticated articulate bloke that can hold his own. Need someone like Mile Fitzpatrick that Juddy and liddle can work under without feeling like they reporting to a boofhead.
Why not get Mick Gatto, who's gunna call him a boofhead?

A silk. Someone who has spent a lifetime working alone mastering a very narrow field of practice. Colour me beige about his potential contribution to running a medium size business, let alone one trying to drag itself into the 21st century...

Prove me wrong Chris, prove me wrong!

Sense or no sense, he wasn’t elected to the Board by the members - and there are no current board members who have been elected to the Board by the members (Marcus Clarke being the last one of those).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good appointment, I was concerned our executive may be lacking in middle-aged white men.

Not saying this is a good appointment nor a bad one, because I don't know.
So what exactly are you alluding to? What was the right 'type' for your tastes and why, because you're not putting forward names?

Sense or no sense, he wasn’t elected to the Board by the members - and there are no current board members who have been elected to the Board by the members (Marcus Clarke being the last one of those).

What would you like to see agro and why? Serious question.
We always put these scenarios forward, but what sort of board do we really want?
n.b. Chances are I'll feel the same way, but just want your reasoning here.

So what exactly are you alluding to? What was the right 'type' for your tastes and why, because you're not putting forward names?

What would you like to see agro and why? Serious question.
We always put these scenarios forward, but what sort of board do we really want?
n.b. Chances are I'll feel the same way, but just want your reasoning here.

The members approved this, we in fact voted for this in 2014, so I’m in the minority (clearly) but we have voted away our right to democratically elect our board.

However let’s not forget that in 2002 we members voted out our corrupt board, so we were smart enough at the time to do this.

We are no longer able to do this.

The members approved this, we in fact voted for this in 2014, so I’m in the minority (clearly) but we have voted away our right to democratically elect our board.
However let’s not forget that in 2002 we members voted out our corrupt board, so we were smart enough at the time to do this.

I have no recollection of 2002 as I took a football sabbatical for 8 years.

I think we need a board to appoint board members. I may be onto something here. :)

The members approved this, we in fact voted for this in 2014, so I’m in the minority (clearly) but we have voted away our right to democratically elect out board.

Yes and that democratically elected board in 2002 really fared no better at it than those they were replacing(other than not cheating the salary cap). I want to see a board with diverse skills, that doesn't leak and has a plan.

Good! I wouldn't trust 'members' to elect the tea lady.

I was being facetious, to a degree. Afterall, we're wearing orange socks this weekend.

I was being facetious, to a degree. Afterall, we're wearing orange socks this weekend.

I agree we need exactly what everyone can agree would be the perfect Board for Carlton - why don't you prepare a list of 'suitable candidates' so we can all learn something.

Yes and that democratically elected board in 2002 really fared no better at it than those they were replacing(other than not cheating the salary cap). I want to see a board with diverse skills, that doesn't leak and has a plan.

You’d better send a note to Scott Morrison and Anthony Albanese - and perhaps most of the Western World that we are doing it the wrong way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back