Delisted Mason Wood [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

How did he go against his bunnies ?

Do you think he will get another contract or will another club take him as a free agent , Apparently has a massive tank and just about to hit his prime
Killed them with his 2 kicks.

If he is on an AFL list next year someone should lose their job.

This one is interesting. One of the guys that weren't offered a new contract for 2021 and the AFL website has him as delisted, but according to footywire he is a restricted free agent.

There are articles last year saying that he would be a free agent this year as well, which makes sense after 8 years service, although other than footywire I can't find a source saying that he was definitely a restricted free agent.

Which leaves us in a funny position. Is he actually delisted, or are North still able to "match" an offer and force a trade (assuming he's restricted), or do they just take the compensation as a UFA? Do they even get compensation, if they've actually delisted him?

Where does he end up, if anywhere?

Probably a moot point, I'm extremely confident North wouldn't match another club's contract offer after publicly delisting him.
That's why I put it in quotation marks. Ordinarily though that's the leverage you have to turn it into a trade situation and maximise value. I guess if they're still eligible for compensation they just take it.. 🤷‍♀️

This one is interesting. One of the guys that weren't offered a new contract for 2021 and the AFL website has him as delisted, but according to footywire he is a restricted free agent.

There are articles last year saying that he would be a free agent this year as well, which makes sense after 8 years service, although other than footywire I can't find a source saying that he was definitely a restricted free agent.

Which leaves us in a funny position. Is he actually delisted, or are North still able to "match" an offer and force a trade (assuming he's restricted), or do they just take the compensation as a UFA? Do they even get compensation, if they've actually delisted him?

Where does he end up, if anywhere?
I’d be pretty shocked if he was a restricted free agent. They’d have to have been paying him in their top 25% of earners for that.

For those Instagram whisperers apparently some interaction between wood and a few go players..

Atkins and wood.
Kill me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Atkins is a genuine sh*t truck but Wood is honestly a pretty good player.

He really isn't. I really think we mismanaged him, from not giving him a decent consistency run early to not trading him last year for a half decent ish pick when he had a few good games under his belt mid season, but he's not big enough for a KF role, doesn't win enough ball or tackle enough for a mid sized role, not versatile enough to be consistent or influence games in some way week in week out. Just 1 of those "almost" players. A slightly better Aaron Black.

One of the most frustrating players to have on the North list in recent memory. Over his career to date seemed like a plane trying to take off. Showed glimpses of a game winning ability and being able to kick against the flow. I thought he had talent and always feared we would end up losing him to a team like Collingwood and he would take off there. Disappointing he hasn’t realised his apparent potential.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back