MASSIVE NBA Draft Day Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I would think by the end of 09 they have some serious extensions to be handing out.

I'm not sure what is happening with Raef but with him and Francis finishing at the end of 08-09 that is $30 million freed up for cap space.

They then have team options for the following:

LaMarcus Aldridge
Martell Webster
Brandon Roy
Channing Frye
Jarrett Jack
Sergio Rodriguez

which would leave them spending about $25-$30 million to start 09-10. Now obviously they will hand out 1 or 2 extensions but they will have some serious cash to splash around.

2. Man the Blazers really wanted Randolph gone, badly. They trade a guy who put up 24/10 for a soft **** 9/4 'power' forward and a guy who basically nobody wants, and who they will likely buy out. Couldnt they have got something better for him?

As for the Knicks...this is another one of those deals where they get a big name without any regard to how he will fit in their structure. He's not strictly a low post scorer but their is enough crossover with Curry to assume their will be troubles. And with Randolph and Curry as a defensive tandem at the 4 and 5, they will get torched every night

Hmmm its an interesting trade. But as a Knicks fan...im just over the moon to get rid of Stevie Franchise - cant believe ANYONE in the league would take him on board and his contract!

Its going to be a true test of Isiah Thomas' coaching ability to see if he can make Z-Bo (Randolph) and Curry gel in the 4 and 5 positions. Also, if he can get either of them to actually play some Defence!

Also, the Blazers apparently wanted to get rid of Z-Bo coz of his characters issues - yet they have picked Stevie Franchise who himself isn't exactly a team player (when he gets on the court).

Sadly for the Knicks i reckon Frye could be good for the Blazers as a guy coming off the bench and offering something different.

Hmmm its an interesting trade. But as a Knicks fan...im just over the moon to get rid of Stevie Franchise - cant believe ANYONE in the league would take him on board and his contract!

Its going to be a true test of Isiah Thomas' coaching ability to see if he can make Z-Bo (Randolph) and Curry gel in the 4 and 5 positions. Also, if he can get either of them to actually play some Defence!

Also, the Blazers apparently wanted to get rid of Z-Bo coz of his characters issues - yet they have picked Stevie Franchise who himself isn't exactly a team player (when he gets on the court).

Sadly for the Knicks i reckon Frye could be good for the Blazers as a guy coming off the bench and offering something different.

The Blazers traded Randolph for Frye and salary cap relief.

The Knicks managed to screw themselves up yet again. Went close to getting rid of Penny's contract, but then got Francis to make sure their salary cap would be stuffed for another 2 years to making sure they are stuffed for another extra 2 years. New York will not be good for another 6 years at least and until they learn that you actually have to draft and keep young talent they never will be good.

A fantastic trade for the Blazers. Pointless for NY.

Honestly, what the f*** is NY doing? GMs around the league must love Isiah.
Got a problem player, who doesn't play any defense, is taking half your cap space and doesn't know the meaning of the word pass? No problem, just give Isiah a call. Randolph has how long, 4 or 5 years left on his contract?
It will be funny watching Eddy and Zach play next year. What the over under on number of offensive boards they will give up per game?

Honestly, what the f*** is NY doing? GMs around the league must love Isiah.
Got a problem player, who doesn't play any defense, is taking half your cap space and doesn't know the meaning of the word pass? No problem, just give Isiah a call. Randolph has how long, 4 or 5 years left on his contract?
It will be funny watching Eddy and Zach play next year. What the over under on number of offensive boards they will give up per game?

and both cant jump!

I assume putting Durant at SG is a typo, he is 6 foot 10, and if anything is a power forward before he is a Shooting Guard? :confused:

I see the sonics dc as this...

Wilcox/Swift/Petro/Sene
Durant/Collison/Green
Lewis/Durant/Wilkins/Green
Wilkins/Gelabele/Wally
Ridnour/Watson
No! Durant is more of a SF/SG than he is a PF. He is a wing player and his frame is not the one you would want from your PF. Ultimately he is a SF for mine and a bloody good one at that. I think he could play some SG and I would be very surprised if he could play any PF, especially in the West.

Durant averaged more than 11 boards and two blocks a game in college. He's not going to be a fulltime PF in the pros, especially in the West, but there's absolutely no reason he can't spend time there in an uptempo system. Just because he's got a beautiful jumpshot doesn't mean he is strictly a wing.

I think he'll end up a SF who plays a little bit of four too.

I'm not sure what is happening with Raef but with him and Francis finishing at the end of 08-09 that is $30 million freed up for cap space.

They then have team options for the following:

LaMarcus Aldridge
Martell Webster
Brandon Roy
Channing Frye
Jarrett Jack
Sergio Rodriguez

which would leave them spending about $25-$30 million to start 09-10. Now obviously they will hand out 1 or 2 extensions but they will have some serious cash to splash around.

1 or 2 extensions?

most of their cap room will go on these extensions.

I think Durant will play mostly 4.

with his size, he'll be on impossible match up on offense. too big at 3, too quick at 4, too many ways to the basket.

he can rebound, and spend a little time inside. you'll be surprised. :)

I think Durant will play mostly 4.

with his size, he'll be on impossible match up on offense. too big at 3, too quick at 4, too many ways to the basket.

he can rebound, and spend a little time inside. you'll be surprised. :)

So he is the mould of say a Deng? I dont follow college ball

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back