MASSIVE NBA Draft Day Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

hehe found this quite amussing, Yi will not play for Milwaukee, his camp is demanding a Trade by Friday... Waste of a pick, we offered 12+21, thats looking pretty good about now..

hehe found this quite amussing, Yi will not play for Milwaukee, his camp is demanding a Trade by Friday... Waste of a pick, we offered 12+21, thats looking pretty good about now..

oh my god. that sucks.

re: boston-sonics trade. the most perplexing thing about it is what number will ray allen wear at the Cs seeing that pierce wears 34.

Lol good point peternorth.

I really like what portland are doing, they are going to be huge soon.
Same with the sonics.

I still think Yi will be a Buck come the start of the season, Yi from everything I have heard is not worried about where he plays it is his camp that was pushing for him not to go to the Bucks.

..Disregarding his desire to play in a city with a heavy Asian influence -- there are only about 27,500 Asian Americans in Milwaukee -- the Bucks picked the 6-foot-11 forward to become the fourth Chinese player to make the NBA.

The question is whether he'll ever wear a Bucks uniform.

"I think so," Yi said. "It's a surprise to me. ... I'm not really familiar with the city as well, but I'm happy to be playing with the team and happy to play in the NBA."

...Yi is not scheduled to appear in Milwaukee, but instead will join the Chinese national team and scrimmage on Sunday and Tuesday in Dallas before heading to Las Vegas to play in the NBA summer league.

Harris said he wasn't sure if he'd meet with Yi's representatives in Dallas or Las Vegas, but that playing for the national team is Yi's priority.

"Based on timing, there wasn't any way to get him in here," Harris said. "I don't want anybody to be misled that that's a bad thing. Certainly we would encourage him to come here as soon as he could."

...Agent Dan Fegan did not allow the Bucks to hold a private workout or see Yi, but did allow teams as low as the Sixers, with the 12th pick, to take a look at one of the draft's most unknown talents during a workout in Los Angeles. Harris said Philadelphia was among several teams that called and tried to trade for the pick.

Harris said Fegan was surprised at the Bucks' pick.

"He was shocked," Harris said. "I told him several weeks ago that we're going to take the best player. ... We think he's one of the best players and if he turns out to be the best one at six, we're going to take him."

Fegan did not return a phone call seeking comment.

Yi said the Bucks never watched him workout in China, either, but Harris said that wasn't accurate.

"We felt comfortable from our standpoint, we did not need to go out there to confirm or deny our own feelings about Yi as a player," Harris said of the Los Angeles workout. "We spent a week in Qatar to see him play. ... We saw him in Japan for the World Championships. We saw him in the Olympics two years ago. We've been to China. We've estimated we've seen him over 20 times in the last four years. Rest assured, we know him."

..."When my father was coaching him on the Chinese national team, they thought he was going to be a small forward," Larry Harris said. "Now his body has grown. He's 238 pounds, he's a legitimate power forward that not only can score, but can really shoot the ball outside."

Yi appears to fit in well with the Bucks, who stumbled to the third-worst record in the league last season after injuries to four of five starters. If Milwaukee is able to keep free agent guard Mo Williams, Yi would join a rotation that includes Michael Redd, forwards Bobby Simmons and Charlie Villanueva and center Andrew Bogut, the No. 1 pick in the 2005 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/news/story?id=2920483

and capspace Mizza. Don't forget the cap space. If my memory serves me correctly at the end of 09 they are going to have a bucketload to spend.

I feel the Blazers got the better of the trade. They didn't need Randolph so they got rid of him and they picked up a handy backup in Frye and a all star in Francis.

Miz Miz Miz... no way.

Celtics will be desperate for interior D and shot blocking now?

We were desperate big time before the draft for that, now we are even more so.

And instead we gave up potential pieces for a trade to fill out most vital needs in those areas for a SG who plays very little D.

Not many people are saying this is good for Boston because for what we need this trade makes absolutely so sense other than to keep Peirce happy for now.

I just cant understand that Celtics trade? What can Ray Allen really bring to the table to make the Celtics that much better. Nobody wants to play in Boston. They should have shopped Pierce and tried to rebuild through this really deep draft. Boston are going nowhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just cant understand that Celtics trade? What can Ray Allen really bring to the table to make the Celtics that much better. Nobody wants to play in Boston. They should have shopped Pierce and tried to rebuild through this really deep draft. Boston are going nowhere.

Our win column will go up and we might sneak into the East play offs as the 7th or 8th seed.

This was all about saving Ainge his job and keeping PP happy.

That Portland trade didnt make much sense to me...

Why:confused: Randolph is a balck hole on offence and can't defend a lick. Now Portland have a very nice trio a the 4 and 5 spots in Oden, Aldridge and Frye:thumbsu:

Now if they can get Francis to leave his ego in NY and tell him you are now a pass 1st PG or you will be sitting on the end of a very long bench!

I feel the Blazers got the better of the trade. They didn't need Randolph so they got rid of him and they picked up a handy backup in Frye and a all star in Francis.

former all star.

jamaal magloire was also an all star.
so was christian laettner

blazers should just waive him.

Dam Northwest Divison gets tougher...

Nuggets - Melo + AI
Jazz - Boozer + D-Will
Portland - Oden + Francis
Seattle - Durant + Delonte + Jeff
T'Wolves - lol

Oh yeah, look out for Delonte and Jeff Green. That's a three-headed monster, baby... ;)

Well, it's not a terribly out of shape rotation when you have a look at it. A lot of positions by committee but have a look (assuming they re-sign Lewis, which was indicated to be happening on today's telecast)

Swift/Petro/Sene
Wilcox/Collison/Green
Lewis/Durant/Wilkins/Green
Durant/Wilkins/Gelabele
Ridnour/Watson

I wouldn't think Wally Z will play much of a role.

They also made the point that is looking to get a lot of tall athletes out on the court (yes, as you point out, similar to the Hawks). I'm willing to give Presti the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

Difference between the Sonics and Hawks is that we've got 3 seven-footers and a couple of decent point guards.

I assume putting Durant at SG is a typo, he is 6 foot 10, and if anything is a power forward before he is a Shooting Guard? :confused:

I see the sonics dc as this...

Wilcox/Swift/Petro/Sene
Durant/Collison/Green
Lewis/Durant/Wilkins/Green
Wilkins/Gelabele/Wally
Ridnour/Watson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back