Matchday 22 - President Trump edition

What EPL personality would you want as leader of the free world?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesus will be fine and get plenty of playing time. Football clubs are weird in the way that they will happily give playing time to 18 year old kids who they buy but are reluctant to give it to equally talented kids from the youf team.

If City had bought Brahim Diaz rather than developing him through the CFA, he'd already be getting minutes off the bench. Not bagging city, happens at most clubs including United. We should have kept Michael Keane and played him. Tuanzebe should have got minutes this season and last. Rashford probably would still be in the u23s had he not been given his opportunities due to injury.

Jesus, Sane etc are senior internationals. I like our kids, but the likes of Brahim (17) and Sancho (16) aren't ready for more than the odd 5/10 minutes here or there.

From our academy Garcia and Tosin are the only ones ready for significant game time at senior level. Maybe Gunn, but I'd like to see him out on loan getting experience first.

Jesus, Sane etc are senior internationals. I like our kids, but the likes of Brahim (17) and Sancho (16) aren't ready for more than the odd 5/10 minutes here or there.

From our academy Garcia and Tosin are the only ones ready for significant game time at senior level. Maybe Gunn, but I'd like to see him out on loan getting experience first.
in all seriousness, is Alex Gunn good enough with his feet to play in a pep team? Haven't seen much of him.

Would be good to have an internal replacement at GK unless you bring in Rulli. I'd be surprised if Bravo is still around next year. Someone in Spain would still pay decent money for him.

It's been said to death but maffeo and your other young FB really should be getting some game time.

in all seriousness, is Alex Gunn good enough with his feet to play in a pep team? Haven't seen much of him.

Would be good to have an internal replacement at GK unless you bring in Rulli. I'd be surprised if Bravo is still around next year. Someone in Spain would still pay decent money for him.

It's been said to death but maffeo and your other young FB really should be getting some game time.

Angus. Yeah, he's definitely a Pep type keeper. Most of our youth keepers are pretty comfortable with the ball at their feet tbh. But you never know until you get tested at senior level

Maffeo has gone out on loan, but would have liked to see him more this season before he went. He had a cracker against your lot in the cup, and IMO should have been rewarded for it. Angelino is also out on loan, but wasn't really doing much in the U23's to justify a promotion. Think kids football isnt really doing a lot for him any more, and he's better off out on loan (although I'm not sure he's playing at Girona either).

Jesus will be fine and get plenty of playing time. Football clubs are weird in the way that they will happily give playing time to 18 year old kids who they buy but are reluctant to give it to equally talented kids from the youf team.

If City had bought Brahim Diaz rather than developing him through the CFA, he'd already be getting minutes off the bench. Not bagging city, happens at most clubs including United. We should have kept Michael Keane and played him. Tuanzebe should have got minutes this season and last. Rashford probably would still be in the u23s had he not been given his opportunities due to injury.

Yep, Maguire/Robertson for us as 19/20 year olds got time, but 21/22 year old kids in our Academy don't get a look in even if they tear it up in the U23s. Not sure why clubs are like that. I suppose when they're buying them, the kids have already been performing in other clubs' first teams?

Meltdude hasn't melted for a page. It is safe to come back in this thread.

So if I keep posting it'll keep peeps like you away? Ossum

Although Mancs being 6th is making the mancs stay away very nicely already

And I'm the coolest man in town, I never melt, and meltdude sounds about as creative as crooked Hillary

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Maguire/Robertson for us as 19/20 year olds got time, but 21/22 year old kids in our Academy don't get a look in even if they tear it up in the U23s. Not sure why clubs are like that. I suppose when they're buying them, the kids have already been performing in other clubs' first teams?
Players rarely develop significantly playing u23s football. It's more a test of whether they can physically match it with men. Guys like James Weir dominated reserves football for years and never got a shot at the first team. 17/18 year olds should spend a year at most in the u23s and then either move into the first team squad or onto other clubs via loan/sale.

Often it is the case that these kids have played 6-12 months at first team level like Mason Holgate, Regan Poole, John Stones, etc but a lot of academies have kids who would be just as well developed if given the opportunity to play first team football. Notice how most of these transfer are championship/league 1 players moving to the prem?

I gotta admit, im a bit over the whole melting phase BF is going through.

Poster A - I have this opinion.
Poster B - I have a different opinion on the matter.
Poster A - Oh my god stop melting.
Poster B - Your melts are hilarious.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.

Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
IMG_1065.JPG

Whenever we play City I can't help to think back to this match, sitting watching at home on my grandads lap. You can see just from the crowd at the start how much bigger the FA cup was back then

I'm certain that SBS promoted the Man City Vs Spurs game as the featured game this week during the West Brom match last Saturday. Now their website says it's Liverpool Vs Swansea.

Anyone else see this or am I going mad?

Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
Poster A - Melt.
Poster B - Melt.
That melt Jodwarson ;)

I'm certain that SBS promoted the Man City Vs Spurs game as the featured game this week during the West Brom match last Saturday. Now their website says it's Liverpool Vs Swansea.

Anyone else see this or am I going mad?
Na, they said it was Pool Swans then

Must've been an Optus PL ad, they show them regularly during SBS telecasts

Back