Opinion Matt Priddis discussion.

Where do you stand on the matt priddis question?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, good points thar! There should be 'real' competition for spots. We've got a swag of blokes who can play different roles but they are being shut out by undeserved auto-selection of Priddis and lesser degree Gaff. No one else has such undeserved (IMO) auto selection loving than Priddis.. AND ironically also position inflexibility. Maybe ever in our history? Even all of our ruckmen have all been able to go forward at times. Worst bit, is their performance evaluation (selection) seems to be solely based on their stat collection levels.

Do you feel like you need to post the exact same thing every couple of days in case anyone might think that your view has changed?

Because you don't. Please stop.

So...Gaff is the next one under domo's gun when Priddis retires.

haha.. nope Priddis is unique.. I have no need for an ongoing 'whipping boy'. You'll seen I've been member since 2006. I just couldn't take him going under the radar through the mass criticism of our team around bout 2013-2014. That's where the ranting began (obsession).

Do you feel like you need to post the exact same thing every couple of days in case anyone might think that your view has changed?

Because you don't. Please stop.

It's not me bringing up these 'same old' points on Priddis. So i can't discuss them with others now?
You just don't like me

Agreed about younger fellas but you don't think Cripps is best 22 by a mile? That bloke along with hill do a shitload of defensive running

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sorry;not a big Cripps fan.Yes i know his stats .......God i hate that word.He drops his head when times are tough.We lose the big games because we have too many players who when the going gets tough ;give it away.Hes not alone, but i dont like him being put on a pedestal.His best is very good but his worst is dismal.Maybe we can point the finger at our coaches or our on field leaders but we need to develop into a side where everybody can show leadership.If a few are down others step up.When we fold EVERYBODY folds.Hopefully this is our year of toughening up as a club and next year with NN and Lycett fit and a few more younguns getting game time we can really launch into it.

haha.. nope Priddis is unique.. I have no need for an ongoing 'whipping boy'. You'll seen I've been member since 2006. I just couldn't take him going under the radar through the mass criticism of our team around bout 2013-2014. That's where the ranting began (obsession).
You did see against the dogs Priddis actually took a contested mark? Of course he then tried top play on and got caught but usually he doesn't even spoil

You did see against the dogs Priddis actually took a contested mark? Of course he then tried top play on and got caught but usually he doesn't even spoil

Yep I saw that one. Was a good grab then he stuffed it playing on. I think he prob thought he was further out than he actually was for a set shot. Poor awareness as a senior player and playing in a foreign position. Prob was his best option to try given all that though.

Priddis has had 11 of the most inane possession to half time
You wouldn't even know he was out there.

Anyone want to defend our slow midfield after this performance ??
Time for priddis to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His brain now works slower than his legs. It's a shame how far he has regressed this season. Unfortunately we have no reserves screaming for selection in the WAFL

His brain now works slower than his legs. It's a shame how far he has regressed this season. Unfortunately we have no reserves screaming for selection in the WAFL

That's not true at all Nelson, Hutchings, Parto, Karpany and Lamb have all played well enough to come into the side allowing other players like Mutimer, Sheed and Duggan to spend more time on ball. We played some of our best footy in the past without Priddis such as the QF against the Hawks a few years ago, and would be a much quicker side without him and Redden in it.

I don't want to bag him but he has got to go for us to move forward, will never win a flag with him leading the midfield. Would have been a tough call, but he should have been moved him on after we fell short in 11 and 12. I think we will look back on this past 10 years as the Priddis Era... good but not good enough.

I asked a mate why priddis doesn't chase.

He said it's not his role like it's not a defenders role to kick goals.

I said That's true but if a defender is in a position to kick a goal then he isn't going to pass it off saying "it's not my role"

Haven't heard back from him.

I asked a mate why priddis doesn't chase.

He said it's not his role like it's not a defenders role to kick goals.

I said That's true but if a defender is in a position to kick a goal then he isn't going to pass it off saying "it's not my role"

Haven't heard back from him.
Ah, you've been watching Shannon Hurn closely I see.

You guys are optimistic if you think he'll get dropped. It will be the fringe guys before he goes.
He'll be in our side at the end of next season unless he calls it himself.

I do think he will realise soon enough though, he seems an intelligent bloke.

Yeah I know but you can only hope. The good thing is that all his defenders seem to now realise he is a liability so maybe the MC? Nah, you're right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back