Opinion Matt Priddis discussion.

Where do you stand on the matt priddis question?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a difference between a bloke currently wearing the jumper and a past player who's just unloaded on the club in the media with a series of potentially defamatory accusations in the week of a grand final appearance, I'd have figured.

Personally I disagree.

If you want respect shown in this forum and a standard adhered to the posts like that need to be banned.

He is a past player and as people found out, jumped in and explained his situation which turned out to be a tragic one. I noted a few posters apologizing.
He indicated it wasn't even his fault for that story breaking.

This forum and the public never know the full inside story so if you want to hold this forum to a level of decency regarding players I would have thought that was below standard.

Personally I thought it was a disgrace, but that's just me.
You mod the board however you see fit.

Personally I disagree.

If you want respect shown in this forum and a standard adhered to the posts like that need to be banned.

He is a past player and as people found out, jumped in and explained his situation which turned out to be a tragic one. I noted a few posters apologizing.
He indicated it wasn't even his fault for that story breaking.

This forum and the public never know the full inside story so if you want to hold this forum to a level of decency regarding players I would have thought that was below standard.

Personally I thought it was a disgrace, but that's just me.
You mod the board however you see fit.
It was a pretty extreme example and not one I'd expect to have to deal with again. Including some stuff behind the scenes that I'm not going to go into.

After Chick explained himself in the thread the OP changed the title to something a lot more respectful.

I think in future it'd be difficult to envisage a situation where a thread titled "Go **** yourself [former player]" would be acceptable.

NB: ummm is everyone serious about Cole..? or taking the pish? Gladly have him in over Priddis, however so far I don't really rate him??
He's mr bean and sam dastyari's love child? .. that head of his running around.. I can't take it seriously...

View attachment 401352
Hard to take your post seriously really and I'm hoping it's not. Cole clearly has ability and is willing to take risks which differs a bit from the main. Given his lack of experience and injury history while with the club, I reckon he has played well. Could easily be a midfielder with his evasiveness, disposal skills and pace...one of our better prospects. Will also play better as the witches hats retire

seems obvious that simpson's botched handling of priddis' exit has cost us one more season from sam mitchell next year.

mitchell was open to a 2 year stint at the start of the season. shame we will never see him and NN team up.
Are you some sort of anti Simpson plant on this board? Mitchell said he would go on if a premiership was likely. Its obviously not so he is retiring.

seems obvious that simpson's botched handling of priddis' exit has cost us one more season from sam mitchell next year.

mitchell was open to a 2 year stint at the start of the season. shame we will never see him and NN team up.

Seems obvious that you're determined to denigrate Simpson at even the slightest opportunity, regardless of whether it has any basis in fact.

Mitchell said he decided pretty early in the season he wasn't going on. Priddis' extension wasn't done until the bye.

Surprised you haven't asked to change your name to Simpson Is Done. You guys could form a one-note band.

Why can't people just lay off priddis for last 3 games. Come on, what is wrong with you all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only thing that's obvious is that you are an idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew Sam wouldn't go on when he said he was jealous of his wife being able to drink copious amounts of wine when they were at Margaret River and he had to temper at age 35 or whatever

Seems obvious that you're determined to denigrate Simpson at even the slightest opportunity, regardless of whether it has any basis in fact.

Mitchell said he decided pretty early in the season he wasn't going on. Priddis' extension wasn't done until the bye.

Surprised you haven't asked to change your name to Simpson Is Done. You guys could form a one-note band.
Why do you even bother replying to his posts? It is quite clear that he puts on an overly pessimistic persona for the attention.

Why can't people just lay off priddis for last 3 games. Come on, what is wrong with you all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always wondered who you remind me of - nailed it tonight-

Leave priddney alone

Hard to take your post seriously really and I'm hoping it's not. Cole clearly has ability and is willing to take risks which differs a bit from the main. Given his lack of experience and injury history while with the club, I reckon he has played well. Could easily be a midfielder with his evasiveness, disposal skills and pace...one of our better prospects. Will also play better as the witches hats retire

Yes true, I am stupidly poking some fun at his looks.
The couple of WAFL games I watched of him and the couple of WCE games he played were average. In the WAFL games I saw he was erratic and bungin up his disposal. Which was at odds with how he has been talked about. The games he's played for us he didn't seem to be suited to half back.. kicking was a bit too loopy and was very nervous it seemed. Bit of a headless chook out there.. but he's new. And to be fair I think it's been tougher for guys like him, Partington and Muttz coming in the side because given how our season has gone we have this extra expectation they may be the difference we need.

Also, typically we also play our newbie mids out of position as flankers cause said midfield witchers hats won't get out of the way. If he's a midfielder then play him as one. Is he really a half backer? To be honest it shits me he got games ahead of Wellingham and even Jetta competing for the half back spot/s. Either way, I think he should be competing for a spot against Gaff, Priddis, Partington, Hutchings & especially Masten. At least he can actually run and jump and has some speed and evasive thinking. He's a bit skinny currently too.

Priddis made the auspicious claim today that he still had plenty of footy left in him, maybe at school level footy!

Our on field performance this year has been ******* awful

Brisbane have been awful. We've just been a bit average.

You can't throw away winning positions every second week if you're awful, because you don't get into winning positions every week.

We played a couple of awful games before the bye, but since the bye we've just been mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back