Matty Lloyd's ill-advised offerings

Remove this Banner Ad

this is a dumb thread.....yes....blah blah blah.....but.....

without saying names lloyd did infer that the young wa players were tradeable for a guy like judd.

now how many young wa players do the bombers have? you can easily work out who he was referring to.

it was a silly comment coming from a captain, but no big deal really....the saga is over, time to move on.

imo, the bombers would have been absolutely mad to involve gumby in a trade for judd. he is the only player with a real starlike future on your list. (this is only my 2c worth of opinion, if you want the whole $$'s worth you can shove it up your great big bomber crack cos you guys will be useless for the rest of my lifetime)

without saying names lloyd did infer that the young wa players were tradeable for a guy like judd.

now how many young wa players do the bombers have? you can easily work out who he was referring to.

it was a silly comment coming from a captain, but no big deal really....the saga is over, time to move on.

imo, the bombers would have been absolutely mad to involve gumby in a trade for judd. he is the only player with a real starlike future on your list. (this is only my 2c worth of opinion, if you want the whole $$'s worth you can shove it up your great big bomber crack cos you guys will be useless for the rest of my lifetime)

6. Jetta, Reimers, Kepler Bradley(but we know he didn't want to go back to WA), Johns and finally Ryder and Gumbleton.

imo, the bombers would have been absolutely mad to involve gumby in a trade for judd.

Agreed.
Not a hangable offence, but probably ill-considered. No-one ever accused Lloydy of being smart though.

Not that that matters, he's paid to kick a footy around...and he does it well.

Just to nitpick, he didn't say that we would/should trade them, he said that the WCE would be interested in them. In fact, he said that he didn't want them to go.

Anyway, as you say, this is old news now and it's time to move on. It was a storm in a teacup at the time. He spoke to the WA boys afterwards and they and the club were fine with it so I don't think opposition supporters should be getting their knickers in a knot.

FFS it's like being back in High School. I think this takes the cake for dumbest thread though.

You are in fact the dumbest prick going around...fancy posting with a photo of Juddy in an Essendon jumper.

Matthew Lloyd is a quality person and his character and values can't be questioned.

However, he did make the following mistakes in his leadership role:
a) Remaining deathly silent about Sheeds, when he spoke about his misgivings to club hierarchy.
b) Suggesting that Essendon have plenty of WA talent to please the WCE in a potential trade for Chris Judd. Matthew is not the list/recruiting/football manager nor the CEO.
c) Backing Knights as coach - the best Knights could come up with after having his face smashed was to attempt to slap Libba....please!

He did (Lloyd), however, suggest pick 6 was on offer which was denied by club officials.

As great a player as Lloyd is...players should never get involved in attempting to run the agenda at clubs.
Well actually he didn't mention their names. Let's not spread lies. :)

You can't blame a Tigers fan for trying to stir the pot. They just want to give their brand spanking new spoon a run...

GOLD:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu: actually made me spit my coke....now the Missus wants to know what I'm up to......LOL

Which current players did the captain of Richmond or its football director put on the trade table on live radio?:)

Remember last year when Kane Johnson decided to announce the delistings of Thomas Roach and someone else at the club B & F...

Nice way to find out you've got the arse. Nice work captain. :eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did (Lloyd), however, suggest pick 6 was on offer which was denied by club officials.

As great a player as Lloyd is...players should never get involved in attempting to run the agenda at clubs.

bollocks. If Judd had chosen us, we would have had to include pick 6. The club had catagorically ruled out Gumby and Ryder, so without offering pick 6 we wouldn't even have come close to a deal.

However, the most ridiculous thing about this issue is people mounting their moral high horse over an interview on radio with Matthew Lloyd. As if his prompted musings would cause blokes like Ryder and Gumby to have painful, existential doubts over their career at Essendon! It's so stupid it's literally laughable! Like they would have given a s**t!

I can't believe how little credit is given to these blokes. Anyone who thinks those boys were offended by that is, quite plainly, a complete idiot

However, he did make the following mistakes in his leadership role:
a) Remaining deathly silent about Sheeds, when he spoke about his misgivings to club hierarchy.
b) Suggesting that Essendon have plenty of WA talent to please the WCE in a potential trade for Chris Judd. Matthew is not the list/recruiting/football manager nor the CEO.
c) Backing Knights as coach - the best Knights could come up with after having his face smashed was to attempt to slap Libba....please!

a)i dont believe for one second that Lloyd may not have been involved in the sheedy decision. As a captain, he has exerted a lot of influence on decisions in order to restore the club's strength. There isnt much doubt Sheedy's time was up. The fallout was handled badly but Lloyd was not part of it.
b)It is clear now he was right, i.e Bradley
c)Knights has done the following for Essendon in a matter of weeks:
delisted Cole, Mark Johnson, and Bradley, retired Campo, Bolton and Heffernan, not let us be held to ransom in the trade period and announced we will be focusing heavily on our poor skills. He is in it to rebuild the club. There is nothing yet i can fault him for as a coach. your problem is?

I'm glad this thread promoted rich, interesting debate.

My initial point being is that Matty sometimes speaks before considering the consequences/ramifications.

Just reckon his WA team-mates wouldn't have felt too good about, for want of a better word, being 'shopped around'.

I'm glad this thread promoted rich, interesting debate.

My initial point being is that Matty sometimes speaks before considering the consequences/ramifications.

Just reckon his WA team-mates wouldn't have felt too good about, for want of a better word, being 'shopped around'.

well I just reckon you have no idea what you're talking about.

lol. the OP managed to get about 30 of us essendon supporters in the one thread to prove him wrong on a comment that was made about a month ago.
good trolling i say!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back