Toast Max Rooke and Brad Ottens to enter Geelong Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-07-10/ottens-and-rooke-to-be-inducted

Geelong premiership greats Brad Ottens and Max Rooke will be inducted into the club's Hall of Fame at the celebration dinner on August 17.

For the first time fans will also be able to attend as the duo is inducted into the Hall of Fame as well as new Life Membership inductees, a 25th legend of the club and the annual R.J Hickey award recipient.

The new format of the night means the former invite only aspect of the night has been replaced allowing fans to come along and share in the night.

The night will be hosted by Nathan Templeton and includes three-course dinner and premium beverages. Tickets are $145 per person.

2018 Geelong Cats Hall of Fame Dinner

Friday 17 August 2018 at 6.30pm

GMHBA Stadium

President's Room

Level 2, Charles Brownlow Stand

$145 per person
Dress code: Jacket & tie, ladies accordingly
Three-course sit-down dinner and premium beverages

AWARDS

Induction into the Hall of Fame, Max Rooke and Brad Ottens

Induction of new Life Members

Induction of the 25th Club Legend

R.J. Hickey Award
http://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/2018-07-10/ottens-and-rooke-to-be-inducted

I should add: normally players get inducted automatically once they hit 200 games, but this is a special case, presumably due to the flag win.

That said, I find Rooke going in before Stokes a bit weird. Rooke was what we needed, when we needed it - but Stokes was the better player.

That said, I find Rooke going in before Stokes a bit weird. Rooke was what we needed, when we needed it - but Stokes was the better player.
One a flag hero, the other a GF villain.

I should add: normally players get inducted automatically once they hit 200 games, but this is a special case, presumably due to the flag win.

Yeah I find Stokes tends to get overlooked unfortunately. He just missed out on 200 games as well if I recall by 20 or so. I imagine he will be added in at some point.

Yeah I find Stokes tends to get overlooked unfortunately. He just missed out on 200 games as well if I recall by 20 or so. I imagine he will be added in at some point.
189 games at Geelong - I have a sneaking suspiscion he'll therefore be over the 200 mark with the pre-season games factored in

He had an ordinary day and was carrying something. I mean, it's not going to live down in infamy like Leon Neon's touchless day at the G.

"Villain" is OTT.
Unfortunately that’s the way many remember him.

I really don't think so, it's not the way I've heard him spoken about on this board before, let alone in the broader AFL community.
Meh, if I cared enough I’d dig up the threads. It’s all here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Both magnificent servants.

Max's journey into elite football was miraculous enough; then he brought an energy for the contest that truly galvanised his teammates on many occasions.

And you only have to look over the years since his retirement to see what Mr. September brought to the Cattery. A towering influence in three flags.

An honour like this for both players rightly ensures that they will not be forgotten when the story of our '07-'11 glory is retold down the years.

Under the Geelong criteria about every second player joins our Hall of Fame. So these 2 why not? Only one of them is a Hall oF Fame type player.

Yep that hall is getting mighty crowded. Might have to put a few on the verandah...
Maybe just call it the "Past Players" club...oh geez they have that as well. Seriously tho the criteria gives no credibility to a "Hall of Fame" You would pretty bloody disappointed if you did not get in

Remove this Banner Ad

Back