Mega Thread Melbourne Cup 2016 and all Cup day racing discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes his best is well good enough for this, even at his age, but good luck catching him.

I've left him in a couple of exotics in case they've tanked him to the eyeballs and he just keeps running Might And Power style, but you'd have to be guessing if anyone was tipping this bloke with confidence.
One good run in every 4

No you couldn't back him on his latest run, but I'd listen to what his trainer had to say after that. Essentially, forget he went round. Gallante won over 3200 on a soft track earlier in the year. Today is 3200 on a likely soft track. Far from a "flukers" chance when he's proven he can run the trip.

What did his trainer say? I was on him in the race and there is no way i could just put a line through it, he went shocking with not many excuses. He was one i was following but needed a lot to go right to be a winning chance and it hasn't

No chance we get a soft track

Yes his best is well good enough for this, even at his age, but good luck catching him.

I've left him in a couple of exotics in case they've tanked him to the eyeballs and he just keeps running Might And Power style, but you'd have to be guessing if anyone was tipping this bloke with confidence.
I think the odds let you take the risk with him though. if he runs up to his Tenno Sho run 3 starts back he probably wins

Thoughts are changing every time i look at the form!!

What i am settling on.... ( May change at 3pm this arvo! )

Secret Number / Almoonqith / ROV / Almandin.

Small E/W bets on the longer odds runners and all 4 into my exotics.

Good luck everyone!

Christ! It's liked you've roved one of my top selections with horses I expect to be bottom 5

No you couldn't back him on his latest run, but I'd listen to what his trainer had to say after that. Essentially, forget he went round. Gallante won over 3200 on a soft track earlier in the year. Today is 3200 on a likely soft track. Far from a "flukers" chance when he's proven he can run the trip.
Far be it for me to give racing advice , but I grew up when trainers and owners ''hid'' horses. So I still have that mentality when looking over the MC form. With Gallante I see a good horse who has had 2 runs since winning the Sydney Cup (albeit at 51kg) . It was then ''spelled'' . The 2 runs back at 58kg were a SLOW 2nd over 2000m and a 7th SLOW over 2500m. To me these were preparation runs. It now drops 4kg from these 2 races. It can run the distance. So all in all I see a horse who can do the distance , has had 2 lead up races without any thought of winning them , and the only knock would be the GOOD v SLOW track rating.

Track is a Good 3/4

What did his trainer say? I was on him in the race and there is no way i could just put a line through it, he went shocking with not many excuses. He was one i was following but needed a lot to go right to be a winning chance and it hasn't

No chance we get a soft track

It was actually one of the owners actually, same same but different-
2 days ago:

"He worked on the course proper at Bendigo this morning. Anyone who saw it, there couldn't have been anything more impressive.

"He's certainly the one of ours that's greatly over the odds.

"I think you get a big, black texta and put a line through it [the Moonee Valley Gold Cup run]. It was a victim of circumstance.

"I can tell you the horse has bounced off it, he's flying."

2 days ago:

"He worked on the course proper at Bendigo this morning. Anyone who saw it, there couldn't have been anything more impressive.

"I think you get a big, black texta and put a line through it [the Moonee Valley Gold Cup run]. It was a victim of circumstance.

The MV was run at an insane clip and he was up on the pace - still he was beaten a mile and ordinary horses also on the pace went past it late. The only way you could back it was because it is Lloyd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My F4 strategy

A - Jameka, Ocenographer
B - Wicklow Brave, Almandin, Hartnell
C - Bondi Beach, Exospheric, Qewy

One A has to run top 3, winner must be A or B, others can run anywhere

Last edited:
2 days ago:

Lol a victim of what circumstance? Getting a bit of pressure at the front? That isn't enough to excuse a 14 length defeat. The fact he is the owner means nothing, he saw the exact same thing that any punter watching the race could see.

That run coupled with a good track is enough for me to put a line through him. He needed a lot of things to go right to be a winning chance and nothing has

Lol a victim of what circumstance? Getting a bit of pressure at the front? That isn't enough to excuse a 14 length defeat. The fact he is the owner means nothing, he saw the exact same thing that any punter watching the race could see.

That run coupled with a good track is enough for me to put a line through him. He needed a lot of things to go right to be a winning chance and nothing has

I guess that's up to gutsroy and other Gallante backers. Does he go with the owner which "means nothing" (despite having daily contact with the trainer) or Jugada on the interwebz?

I'm not backing Gallante but he's not without some chance, and I think it would be naive to completely rule out him out.

i've changed my mind at the last minute :D

$24 WIN Oceanographer
$8 WIN Exospheric
$2 WIN, $10 PLACE Curren Mirotic
$3 BOX QUIN (above horses)
$3 BOX TRI (above horses)
total outlay: $50

decided to scrap Excess Knowledge (PLACE) and throw in Curren Mirotic into my trifecta/quinellas

I guess that's up to gutsroy and other Gallante backers. Does he go with the owner which "means nothing" (despite having daily contact with the trainer) or Jugada on the interwebz?

I'm not backing Gallante but he's not without some chance, and I think it would be naive to completely rule out him out.

Well he can call the owner if he wants but he came here and asked the interwebz so...

What the owner says means diddly squat though, he has no more insight into his run last time than anyone else who watched the race. Just because he spins some bs of put a line through the run doesnt count for anything

The owner is the trainer of Gallante.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back