Membership 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont understand why people choose MCC over AFL Membership. All my friends who have MCC end up sleeping outside 12-24 hours before gates open on a big grand final. It suppose to be some special upper class club when people are sleeping in swags outfront to get in? I just do not see how you enjoy yourself doing that to watch a game of footy.
It's pretty much an elitist club. Stuck up snobs who think they're better than everyone. Really shitty atmosphere in comparison to the rest of the ground. Very inferior membership, especially if you're under 35 where they treat you like shit.

It's pretty much an elitist club. Stuck up snobs who think they're better than everyone. Really shitty atmosphere in comparison to the rest of the ground. Very inferior membership, especially if you're under 35 where they treat you like shit.
That's what I'm saying. It's suppose to be an elitist club where you need to sleep outside for 24 hours on the ground to get in. But don't forget your collard shirt

Dont understand why people choose MCC over AFL Membership. All my friends who have MCC end up sleeping outside 12-24 hours before gates open on a big grand final. It suppose to be some special upper class club when people are sleeping in swags outfront to get in? I just do not see how you enjoy yourself doing that to watch a game of footy.

I went at 9am, got a ticket, went home again and then rocked up to my seat five minutes before the bounce. Camping overnight is only necessary if you have to get the very best seats. I have good eyesight so I don't give a shit where my seat is.

Prob around 10 to 11 years.

I joined up in 2008 (from memory) and still have a couple of years to go.

You will probably be upgraded in the middle of next year.
That is when they offer you. You will also have to pay the extra $200 then for the upgrade as well.
Most people that joined in 2007 were upgraded this year.

Prob around 10 to 11 years.

I joined up in 2008 (from memory) and still have a couple of years to go.

The wait list should move faster with a lot of Collingwood, Essendon, and Carlton supporters to drop off.

It's hardly elitist. The facilities within the MCC are superior to anything in the MCG.

Have been a MCC member since 16. Pay over $600 per year for it and its value for money is greater than anything a Collingwood membership can provide.

I went at 9am, got a ticket, went home again and then rocked up to my seat five minutes before the bounce. Camping overnight is only necessary if you have to get the very best seats. I have good eyesight so I don't give a shit where my seat is.
Whereas with AFL membership, log on to the computer at 9:00 on the Monday. Buy a ticket wherever you like. Sleep in on Saturday. Go to the game.

Wonder which I prefer.

It's hardly elitist. The facilities within the MCC are superior to anything in the MCG.

Have been a MCC member since 16. Pay over $600 per year for it and its value for money is greater than anything a Collingwood membership can provide.
Still not as good value as AFL membership. $420 a year. Etihad and MCG games. Better atmosphere. No collared shirt. Beer at your seat. No people who treat supporters under the age of 30 like shit.

Still not as good value as AFL membership. $420 a year. Etihad and MCG games. Better atmosphere. No collared shirt. Beer at your seat. No people who treat supporters under the age of 30 like shit.

Wearing a collared shirt isn't that much of an inconvenience...

I'm interested in how I was treated like shit by others in the MCC until I turned 30?

I like the no beer rule at seats. If you are an alcoholic and can't survive without drinking a beer at a game, you can sit in the Long Room, the members dining room or the Frank Grey Smith bar and watch the game whilst consuming alcohol.

I've renewed my Legends membership but I'm not happy. I've been sitting on level 3 (first row) for 4 years now.

I have to line up with the public for food/drink and half the time the food vendor is ******* closed.

The section I sit in (M30) in front of the scoreboard has a shortened roof so when it rains I get wet.

Tell me how & why this is the same value (almost $1k) as those on level 2?
-Direct social club access
-members food/drink vendor (no queue)
-great undercover seating

Those of us up top should be paying a cheaper tier 2 type membership. It's a glorified public seat with no perks.
Was in the same seating as you level 3 for my away seats but called up last season and now both home and away are in M36

Was in the same seating as you level 3 for my away seats but called up last season and now both home and away are in M36
Is that level 2 seating mate?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something about the MCC being a cricket club possibly?

Seriously though, I got mine when i was 17 after my old man put me on the list at birth. Its just something that I'll never give up. As for lining up at 4am etc, I did it once in 2003. But you only have to do that if you want a decent seat or you miss out in the ballot for a reserved seat ($5). I can only recall the gates being locked once, and that was the 07 Prelim. You can generally walk in the door on GF at midday if you want and go and stand somewhere.

As for being an upper class club, there are some section of the place where I just don't go. Just not my scene. Most of the MCC reserve is filled with average joes to be honest. The only difference is that you cant take grog out to your seat.

It might be different if I was looking at starting from scratch. AFL membership might be a way to go. Doesn't help in cricket season though does it?

Twice you've said that. Examples? I've never been treated like shit. Interested to hear why you think thats the case.

I'm thinking of getting an AFL membership this year, been mulling it over for the past couple of years but I've finally got a couple of mates on board to join as well. Everything I'm reading suggest the AFL membership is better than just your usual Collingwood membership?

One question I have regarding reserved seating, I'm assuming Collingwood being Collingwood I'd need to book in my reserved seats quite early on?

Anyone else add one those guernsey's to their membership ?
How much were they?

One question I have regarding reserved seating, I'm assuming Collingwood being Collingwood I'd need to book in my reserved seats quite early on?
At Etihad, yes. Seats sell out very very quickly there. Make sure you log on as soon as they go one sale to reserve seats. At the MCG, ANZAC day should be reserved early on. For other games, you should be fine reserving seats whenever you want to.

I'm thinking of getting an AFL membership this year, been mulling it over for the past couple of years but I've finally got a couple of mates on board to join as well. Everything I'm reading suggest the AFL membership is better than just your usual Collingwood membership?

Depends where you like to sit and how many of you.
I personally like upper level, (Q) so it's no problem.

I only reserved seats for the Big Games.
The first game I reserve for is the ANZAC day game because there is no walk up.
There is not need to reserve seats for a lot of the games because you can walk up.
If you don't mind sitting up the top in Q, then there would hardly be a need to reserve a seat at all.

How much were they?
$10 per month over 12 months or $120 in one go

At Etihad, yes. Seats sell out very very quickly there. Make sure you log on as soon as they go one sale to reserve seats. At the MCG, ANZAC day should be reserved early on. For other games, you should be fine reserving seats whenever you want to.

I only reserved seats for the Big Games.
The first game I reserve for is the ANZAC day game because there is no walk up.
There is not need to reserve seats for a lot of the games because you can walk up.
If you don't mind sitting up the top in Q, then there would hardly be a need to reserve a seat at all.

How much extra does it cos to reserve a seat>?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back