Player Watch Mid-Season Pick #11 (2023) - Quinton Narkle

Remove this Banner Ad

Was thinking another game in the 2s but have come around.

Can sub just needs to remember we’re the ones in black and handball it to Butters.

I am not sure why so many of us want to play Narkle as a sub. From what I saw against the Eagles he is an upgrade on a couple of the players who are getting a start in our 22. Narkle can find the ball, has a bit of pace and isn't a bad kick. Sitting on the pine for three quarters isn't going to help him fit into the side. At this stage it is probably better to give him another run in the SANFL than use him as an AFL sub.

Travis Boak is probably back this week so Quinton might spend another week in the SANFL.

Last edited:
The * you watching? The Cheese has been great. Open your eyes.
If you think he's been 'great' it's only because his form last year lowered your standards. He's been fine. He certainly hasn't been so good that he couldn't possibly be improved upon.

If you think he's been 'great' it's only because his form last year lowered your standards. He's been fine. He certainly hasn't been so good that he couldn't possibly be improved upon.
Yeah, it is almost like McEntee has gone from never rated to overrated.

He's fulfilling a role and doing it well enough but could be upgraded easily with a quick, goal kicking small forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, it is almost like McEntee has gone from never rated to overrated.

He's fulfilling a role and doing it well enough but could be upgraded easily with a quick, goal kicking small forward.
I’ve loved what he’s done so far this year, but if Fantasia can stay fit and can start kicking goals in the SANFL I would definitely be picking him over Jed.

I’ve loved what he’s done so far this year, but if Fantasia can stay fit and can start kicking goals in the SANFL I would definitely be picking him over Jed.
I think there is a fundamental flaw in that statement - just not sure if I know what it is?

The question should never be, is McEntee (or any player) contributing.

It should be, will the new player contribute more?
I don’t know enough of Narkle to comment. What I do know is the team
Needs some Mcentee’s the battler who tries exceptionally hard to keep his spot and will do anything to keep it.

He gets a goal and some assists, uses the ball well and chases with crazy intent. It creates enthusiasm, like SPP

Eww do not want Narkle playing Mac and Cheeses bleak half-forward pressure role. Let the cobblers cobble. Narkle needs to play midfield.

Eww do not want Narkle playing Mac and Cheeses bleak half-forward pressure role. Let the cobblers cobble. Narkle needs to play midfield.
Which of Rozee, Butters, JHF, Wines or Drew are you removing from the midfield for him?

Narkle's best position is midfield, which is true for a lot of players, but there are only so many midfield spots in an AFL team. If somebody had said two years ago that SPP 'needs to play midfield' he'd probably be traded or delisted by now.

Which of Rozee, Butters, JHF, Wines or Drew are you removing from the midfield for him?

Narkle's best position is midfield, which is true for a lot of players, but there are only so many midfield spots in an AFL team. If somebody had said two years ago that SPP 'needs to play midfield' he'd probably be traded or delisted by now.
None of them. I don't think he plays unless one or more of them are injured. And I have Sinn and Jackson ahead.

In the near term he is a good sub option. Maybe longer term he finds a role. But outside of that, the only way he is breaking into the 22 is through injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back