Mega Thread Minnesota Timberwolves Thread - The Finch Era begins

Remove this Banner Ad

We apparently got to the point of a Miami future first Richardson and Dragic. But then demanded more at the last second
Translation: Thibs is not actually interested in dealing whatsoever.

I'd take that and run. Roll with Teague and Dragic until we can move the former. Upgrade at PG, good young wing, future first and whatever we get for Teague is an excellent return.

Dragic would mean we ship Teague to Phoenix. Plus Goran flows better with the offense of Iso heavy Towns and Wiggins, plus a much better PNR player.

Means we probably dump Dieng as well

We just have to admit Thibs isnt interested in shipping off Butler unless he gets a ridiculus overs for the current situation, worst case is Butlers camp continues to leak s**t

Sorry to intrude. I’ll try to be balanced but admit I’m a heat fan.

You guys appear to have negotiated very well. Dispute a lot of whinging from other orgs that you’re being difficult, you’re really just open eyed to what’s happening.

Pat is obsessed with the idea of getting Jimmy. To the point it is unhealthy. The wolves know it which is why they keep milking it with last second requests. They know Pat will get angry but he won’t call off talks.

I’ll just say as a heat fan I commend you because you’ve won the negotiation with little leverage.

I’ve heard we’ve offered J Rich, Olynyk and a first and you KBed it. I’m desperately nervous we better that offer. I don’t want us to, but I think Thins has Pat drooling

Jimmy showing why he is the player to build a franchise around and not KAT or Wiggins, winning against the starters with the third stringers. Competed. Trash talked.

"You (bleeping) need me. You can't win without me."

That's the competitor I want on my team.

They're missing the playoffs and Thibs is getting fired without Jimmy with the T-Wolves a poorly run organisation with talented players who are soft and can't go anywhere without Jimmy.

The correct response by the organisation should be to build around Thibs and Jimmy and let them build the Thiberbulls and ship anyone like KAT, Wiggins etc who doesn't compete adequately at the trade deadline.

Jimmy showing why he is the player to build a franchise around and not KAT or Wiggins, winning against the starters with the third stringers. Competed. Trash talked.

"You (bleeping) need me. You can't win without me."

That's the competitor I want on my team.

They're missing the playoffs and Thibs is getting fired without Jimmy with the T-Wolves a poorly run organisation with talented players who are soft and can't go anywhere without Jimmy.

The correct response by the organisation should be to build around Thibs and Jimmy and let them build the Thiberbulls and ship anyone like KAT, Wiggins etc who doesn't compete adequately at the trade deadline.

I love what Jimmy did because it forces Wigs and Towns into a corner that they cannot just coast out of, he called them out as soft and not about winning and shone a spotlight on it for the league to see.

They might of come to relies this by themselves after we finish 12-13th in the west this year, but Jimmy humiliating them with the training camp fodder has put this out in the open much earlier.

Its a bandage that had to be ripped off and if this doesn't motivate them to change nothing will.

All that said, this is humiliating dumpster-fire of a situation and its all of Thibbs own making so he has to go.

I love what Jimmy did because it forces Wigs and Towns into a corner that they cannot just coast out of, he called them out as soft and not about winning and shone a spotlight on it for the league to see.

They might of come to relies this by themselves after we finish 12-13th in the west this year, but Jimmy humiliating them with the training camp fodder has put this out in the open much earlier.

Its a bandage that had to be ripped off and if this doesn't motivate them to change nothing will.

All that said, this is humiliating dumpster-fire of a situation and its all of Thibbs own making so he has to go.

My attitude mirrors your own about Towns and Wiggins.

Just having Butler for another season with them both would give them the best chance to develop. Those guys need that to ever develop into winners.

There is no softer combination in the NBA defensively.

KAT plays for stats and doesn't compete on defence and Wiggins plays for the money and doesn't care about defence knowing points will get him paid.

no one is really picking Butler over KAT to build a team around surely...

Wiggins will float through his career never reaching his potential, a few teams will try and unlock it along the way though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no one is really picking Butler over KAT to build a team around surely...

Wiggins will float through his career never reaching his potential, a few teams will try and unlock it along the way though.

There are a few ways of looking at it.

Who wins you games? Jimmy. He's so good he can beat the starters whether playing with the second or third unit.

Who is in a better age bracket? KAT and Wiggins.

Who has trade value?

Jimmy isn't getting Minnesota anything. An offer for Khris Middleton was rejected. Houston won't give Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker. So you're not getting equitable value for Jimmy as no one knows whether he'd sign or not.

With KAT on a long term deal and Wiggins on a long term deal. And both being young scorers, they both are highly valued commodities. They can get you stars or in the case of KAT potentially superstars in return.

Maybe that possible currency is something like Gobert and Mitchell? Jokic, Murray and Harris? Or Oladipo and Turner? There are combos out there Minnesota could get for KAT and Wiggins and the quality of players and competitors Jimmy wants to play with that can contend in the West.

So I'd be going with Jimmy if such trades would see him sign on long term to a max deal.

There are a few ways of looking at it.

Who wins you games? Jimmy. He's so good he can beat the starters whether playing with the second or third unit.

Who is in a better age bracket? KAT and Wiggins.

Who has trade value?

Jimmy isn't getting Minnesota anything. An offer for Khris Middleton was rejected. Houston won't give Eric Gordon and PJ Tucker. So you're not getting equitable value for Jimmy as no one knows whether he'd sign or not.

With KAT on a long term deal and Wiggins on a long term deal. And both being young scorers, they both are highly valued commodities. They can get you stars or in the case of KAT potentially superstars in return.

Maybe that possible currency is something like Gobert and Mitchell? Jokic, Murray and Harris? Or Oladipo and Turner? There are combos out there Minnesota could get for KAT and Wiggins and the quality of players and competitors Jimmy wants to play with that can contend in the West.

So I'd be going with Jimmy if such trades would see him sign on long term to a max deal.
That starters vs reserves thing isn’t exactly fair to use against one player, KAT would have had Wiggins on his team. If Wiggins doesn’t try in real nba games what’s he gonna do in practice.
Jimmy Butler is 29, no one is building around him. Certainly nothing that will compete with the Warriors. He’s a second fiddle and based on evidence he isn’t great for the locker room, keep KAT and build around him for the era post the Warriors.

That starters vs reserves thing isn’t exactly fair to use against one player, KAT would have had Wiggins on his team. If Wiggins doesn’t try in real nba games what’s he gonna do in practice.
Jimmy Butler is 29, no one is building around him. Certainly nothing that will compete with the Warriors. He’s a second fiddle and based on evidence he isn’t great for the locker room, keep KAT and build around him for the era post the Warriors.

I'd build around Jimmy. You get him two other all-stars for KAT and Wiggins to play with and he can contend. I'd be more than happy if he was my number one option. He'll score more if KAT and Wiggins aren't there and earn the 2 or 3 seed depending on how Houston's defence holds up.

I feel like Jimmy's the ultimate lockroom guy.

He's a winner. He challenges teammates. Gets competitive. Works harder than anyone. Plays hard both ways. Trains like he plays - and will go full intensity at everything in training. They're things you need if you want to win. He's a culture builder in the way MJ and Kobe are. Jimmy is built that way. Not everyone can deal with that, and KAT and Wiggins have shown they're unable to.

KAT and Wiggins showing how weak they were yesterday to lose to Butler just shows they're not up to it. It's on that starting unit - KAT/Wiggins/Teague. Gibson would have competed, and if Rose was on that team he would have also.

I'd build around Jimmy. You get him two other all-stars for KAT and Wiggins to play with and he can contend. I'd be more than happy if he was my number one option. He'll score more if KAT and Wiggins aren't there and earn the 2 or 3 seed depending on how Houston's defence holds up.

He's a winner. He challenges teammates. Gets competitive. Works harder than anyone. Plays hard both ways. Trains like he plays - and will go full intensity at everything in training. They're things you need if you want to win. He's a culture builder in the way MJ and Kobe are. Jimmy is built that way. Not everyone can deal with that, and KAT and Wiggins have shown they're unable to.

KAT and Wiggins showing how weak they were yesterday to lose to Butler just shows they're not up to it. It's on that starting unit - KAT/Wiggins/Teague. Gibson would have competed, and if Rose was on that team he would have also.
Completely agree with this.

Rose and jimmy bring everything that KAT and wiggins don’t. The desire and the effort.

utter Crap

First of all. You are a Bulls fan, Do you understand about a year ago Chicago when they traded Jimmy Butler they were over him? The Bulls front office was Tired of Butlers Antics, Players were tired of Butlers Antics.

22/23 year olds. and they've shown they are unable to? What the *? Our culture was fine untill the Butler s**t-show and Thibs turned up. We've gone backwards in 12 months. But nah thats a 3rd year players fault. What the * does everyone want? Michael Jordan type MVP season from Kat or Wiggins? * me. Still young

Lost in a pre-season scrimmage so they are not upto it? The * out of here.

Again. Last two posters have been sucked into thinking two ******* 22/23 year olds are supposed to carry the Wolves upto ******* greatness with a shithole defensive scheme with Thibs running plays with are about 6/7 years old and Iso heavy

ask 29 GM's and they would move Butler 7 times out of 5 before thinking about KAT and Wiggins. * we have a lot of problems but that duo is the furtherest away.

It's piss-poor perimeter players, an inability to hit a 3, defend a 3 and stagnent offense. Not because Kat sucked in a scrimmage this one time

utter Crap

First of all. You are a Bulls fan, Do you understand about a year ago Chicago when they traded Jimmy Butler they were over him? The Bulls front office was Tired of Butlers Antics, Players were tired of Butlers Antics.

22/23 year olds. and they've shown they are unable to? What the ****? Our culture was fine untill the Butler s**t-show and Thibs turned up. We've gone backwards in 12 months. But nah thats a 3rd year players fault. What the **** does everyone want? Michael Jordan type MVP season from Kat or Wiggins? **** me. Still young

Lost in a pre-season scrimmage so they are not upto it? The **** out of here.

Again. Last two posters have been sucked into thinking two ******* 22/23 year olds are supposed to carry the Wolves upto ******* greatness with a shithole defensive scheme with Thibs running plays with are about 6/7 years old and Iso heavy

ask 29 GM's and they would move Butler 7 times out of 5 before thinking about KAT and Wiggins. **** we have a lot of problems but that duo is the furtherest away.

It's piss-poor perimeter players, an inability to hit a 3, defend a 3 and stagnent offense. Not because Kat sucked in a scrimmage this one time

The Bulls should have kept both Thibs and Butler.

The Bulls traded Butler because he clashed with Hoiberg who he didn't believe was hard enough on his players.

Minnesota without Butler had not been to the playoffs since 2004. Minnesota wouldn't have made the playoffs last year without Butler (having a 10-13 record without him). While with Butler, Minnesota in those games he played had he played all 82 could have finished with the three seed.

Thibs is the best defensive coach in the NBA. KAT and Wiggins are the liabilities on that end who give insipid effort as bballbreakdown - as shown in his video covering the worse defensive duo in the NBA: (KAT and Wiggins).

Video has been posted on this thread a few times, it's nothing new.

A lot of those videos prove my point is that the defensive scheme is too focused on 5 men collapsing on the paint so the weak side against our defense has an easy 3p shot as Teague is a good PNR defender but shithouse on the perimeter and Crawford was diabolical. Whenever missing butler we got flayed on the 3p line. As the Purpose the scene is force opponents baseline while driving when the NBA didn't have as many 3p shooter

And everything elseis literally the cause of being a young player, Footwork not 100%, Weak lower body.

Thibs is not a good defensive coach, This aint 2010. Those days are long gone.

Can’t shoot 3s

Can’t defend 3s

Let the bucks get to 140

Fun times ahead

Team has clearly quite on Thibs, really dont blame them. Same offence every possession still cannot get it to run smoothly other teams know it better than our guys.

Have you ever seen so many low risk/going through the motions passes intercepted?

The sooner jimmy is gone the better. Trade him for J-Rich and close that book for ever. What a mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back