List Mgmt. Mitch Duncan re-signs until 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The wing isn't even a defined position these days. It was a positive he was missing for the finals as he drifts back and is a panic merchant coming out of the D50 when the pressure is on. One of the biggest culprits in our September disappearing acts under Scott.

Spot On. SideStepper with bowel incontinence issues when the heat is on.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clearly I'm a little biased re Mitch <-----
But, he's been just outside our core group of elite players most of his career. Disposal is elite.
2011 GF - activated sub as Pods went down. I thought we were shot and so did many. A young Mitch Duncan slams through a 50m goal on the run to put us 8 points up going into the last quarter. Goes missing in September??? Really??
If he wanted 4 years, give it to him. He's no doubt been on unders his whole career.

This must be right up there with one of the stupidest contracts handed out in my time following the cats. The Cookie & Sutherland combo off to a great start... Oh Lord Help us!!

😂

Tried to tell ya to get used to seeing Duncan in the hoops as he wasn't going to go anywhere - always seemed to be one club player type

The wing isn't even a defined position these days. It was a positive he was missing for the finals as he drifts back and is a panic merchant coming out of the D50 when the pressure is on. One of the biggest culprits in our September disappearing acts under Scott.

Agree.. far too frequent september disappearing acts under Scott.

Tried to tell ya to get used to seeing Duncan in the hoops as he wasn't going to go anywhere - always seemed to be one club player type

But another 4 years?? WTF? Watch this one bite us on the arse in 2023 and 24 when his best games will be vs Werribee and Port Melbourne.

But another 4 years?? WTF? Watch this one bite us on the arse in 2023 and 24 when his best games will be vs Werribee and Port Melbourne.

Is the AFL is looking to a conference system or are those teams in line for AFL licences when it's finally acknowledged that GC isn't viable?

Duncan's a clear best 22 player and would be pretty comfortably in the first dozen picked each week. And I acknowledge that things can change with players dropping off, not sure I see Duncan dropping away that dramatically over the next couple of years - if he repeats the efforts of this season, 25 disposals & 0.9/1 goal per game playing on the wing, then that shows his value to the team and will reach 300 games most likely during the 2023 season

He is structurally important it will likely take 4 years to replace him.
Unless you think he will get a serious injury its a good deal and he has been pretty durable.

Can't see the problem myself.

By signing him early, we've stopped a whole lot of "will he or won't he" conjecture over the next 6 months or more. Also by signing him to a long term contract, we don't have to worry about going through the "will he or won't he" conjecture again in 2 years time.

He is structurally important it will likely take 4 years to replace him.
Unless you think he will get a serious injury its a good deal and he has been pretty durable.

You severely over rate Mitch and under rate those in our squad that are coming through.
Hawk is structurally important... Sav is structurally important...
As for a Wing-HB with over rated silky skills as some have put it being structurally important. Yeah... Nah... Nope!
Anyway. Deal has been done. We'll have a page in 2023 bagging the crappers out of this deal.
Cheers

You severely over rate Mitch and under rate those in our squad that are coming through.
As for a Wing-HB with over rated silky skills as some have put it being structurally important. Yeah... Nah... Nope!
Anyway. Deal has been done. We'll have a page in 2023 bagging the crappers out of this deal.
Cheers
You and your two buddies will be lonely there.

Cheers

Or maybe there's a minority that are severely under rating Mitch and the important role he plays in our side, and ignoring the fact we currently have no clear replacement for him in our squad

I guess we could keep playing Kolo & Blicavs on the wings - apparently the wing isn't a structurally important role, so wouldn't really matter who we play there then right?

Personally, I'd rather stick with the guy coming off a season what he averaged over 25 disposals & 0.9 goals per game, especially as he could easily get that .9 to over 1 goal per game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch is a gun.
I am prepared to throw a chair at anyone who thinks we should let him walk.
Do you think Mitch will give chair throwing lessons to ensure that GFC members are as good at throwing chairs as he is?

And surely that's why he ultimately got a 4-yr deal - he questioned the 3-yr offer, looked at the empty chair in the room and suddenly a 4th year was added to the new deal

Glad to see Duncan sign on, think his value to the team is very much unnoticed and is always involved int major transitions of play from one end to the other.
Very true, & come the final year or two of his contract he could well be ( but hopefully not ) our last Premiership player on the list....Keeping a player like that works wonders for young groups, on his importance to the team, well that was self-evident come finals....It made possible the absurd decision of playing Blitz on the wing & quite possibly cost us a Premiership.

I think people are wildly underrating how he's playing. Still one of the smartest guys out there and an elite user.

I'd have Stanley, Tuohy, Hawkins, Rohan and Bews being moved on before him at the moment. Add a few delistings of younger players and I see no reason to force him out the door.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back