Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fox goes past the ball and Mitch braces as Fox gets between him and the ball

And the contact in the bump was not high

The contact with the ground was .

not sure how this plays out.

GO Catters

The balls running away from Duncan, fox goes past the ball, and Duncan braces for contact, protecting himself by going side on, that’s what your suppose to do, not brace leaving your body exposed.

Most of the contact was shoulder to shoulder, the bump sends fox’s head to hit the ground.

Tbh a good solid bump, no malace, people saying it’s a dog act have obviously never played footy and have no idea at all.

Should just be a fine if anything.

I thought a 'bump' was a something a player did intentionally to impact another player.
Duncan wasn't looking for contact, he was following the ball and the Swan intiated contact.
Duncan, seeing him at the last moment maybe could have jumped and piroetted out of the way, but realisitically prepared to be bumped by the opposing player.
It's ridiculous that it is even being discussed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think that's all Duncan's elbow to Fox's shoulder.
The gif doesn’t do it justice but i can tell you with certainty at this point his shoulder makes contact with his head:

IMG_0275.jpeg

Grading will be careless/medium/high = 1 week

Challenge could come on whether he was reasonably contesting the ball.

Fox runs past the ball then slips and is about to run through duncan if duncan doesnt brace hes concussed himself.
Fox caused the collision and duncan has no other way to contest the ball which he was doing.

This is not like ones where a player chooses to bump instead of going the ball.

If this is a suspension the game has gone mad and been held hostage by potential litigation.

Head hitting the turf is basically all it takes to get a week these days.

Then we are basically saying we are penalising outcomes not actions. Duncans action was fine and more to the point completely unavoidable.

Its not a bump and fox caused it.
I'm not sure what else Duncan could do - even though he brought his shoulder he kept it relaxed rather than tight. To me it seemed that Fox was being a bit reckless. Fox was fine afterwards as well.
If he does get done, the club should challenge and I think will be successful.

Fook Luke Darcy for IMMEDIATELY saying they gotta have a look at it, and then going and asking everyone what they thought.
"Will be debated long and hard."

Why the * would it? Fox overruns the ball, then slips and goes in and Duncan protects himself. So what happens if Duncan doesn't protect himself? Fox maybe takes the legs and *s Mitch up.

What a ******* trash call from a trash commentator. There is no reportable action in that, end of the day Fox overruns the ball initiating the contact. What alternative is Duncan left with? And if Fox doesn't slip he likely cannons into Duncan because, and this is for those in the back, FOX OVERRUNS THE BALL.

Head hitting the turf is basically all it takes to get a week these days.
Yes and usually that's caused by the tackler or a player choosing to bump instead of going the ball.
Duncan didn't choose to bump instead of going for the ball, Fox chose to go the man and not the ball when he very clearly overruns the ball and because he didn't keep his feet he came off second best.
There's no chance Duncan misses, if the AFL suspend him it gets appealed and over turned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back