Mitch Robinson announces retirement

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess his career is dead and we bid farewell?
He always struck me as an absolute tosser. Lacking class and style. Uncontrolled mouth. A real trier.

Why wouldn't old man Fagan let Mitch, a legend of the club and a champion of the game, announce his retirement to the other Brisbane blokes?

Absolutely bloody disgrace
Very much doubt that’s the case. No reason Fagan wouldn’t allow him to do it at the right time.

This is just a case of Robinson having a tantrum and looking for someone to blame after being deservedly dropped from the side for the last two finals.

Fagan has always drawn praise from Robinson and seemingly been good to him so it’s pretty poor to publicly whinge about the coach as the final act of your career.

Robinson has never been known for his intelligence though so s**t judgement and behaviour here is hardly surprising.

Why wouldn't old man Fagan let Mitch, a legend of the club and a champion of the game, announce his retirement to the other Brisbane blokes?

Absolutely bloody disgrace
He did weeks ago via the media

Then yesterday

"Wouldnt let me announce it to the fans"

Told them weeks ago

Yeah sure.

Posted it on another thread - he’s clearly dropped his bundle when he got told he’s not getting another deal, shot his mouth off.

Then he’s probably asked if he can address the group before the final….and Fagan has told him not the time. Dropped his bundle again.

Note: All he talks about is his last game for Brisbane - I don’t think he is ‘retiring’ here. He likely thinks he’s still got something in the tank and may get another go.

At 33.

Read the room Robbo…

Was he an emergency for the next two games?

How did he know the Richmond game was going to be his last Brisbane we’re still in the finals?

This whole thing seems confusing to me.
Not relevant as they 100% knew it was his final Gabba game.

Mundy got the carry off in Perth then played another 2 games.

Obviously Mundy is a God but I think Robinson still deserved a Gabba farewell.

Not relevant as they 100% knew it was his final Gabba game.

Mundy got the carry off in Perth then played another 2 games.

Obviously Mundy is a God but I think Robinson still deserved a Gabba farewell.
Ok fair enough, if the issue is it about being his last game at the Gabba and not being able to announce that then that’s pretty s**t he couldn’t do that.

Mitch Robinson will surely go down as one of the AFL players of the modern era, and potentially of all time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back