What the heck? More racist abuse on social media

Remove this Banner Ad

https://www.afl.com.au/news/365183

Jarrod Cameron from West Coast the latest target from some brain-dead weak idiot. As much as players are told about the so-called dangers of using social media, it’s a shame the only danger is from complete *******s like the bloke that send him a reply to his story.

No surprise that account is no longer active, much like pretty well all other cases. I’d like to know if they are reported & banned or if it’s just self initiated as they can’t handle the abuse they then get, but feel it’s ok to dish it out?

I feel sorry for the blokes copping it but by at least making it public knowledge hopefully that can weed out any of the s**t people that think it’s all ok.

Kinda getting annoyed with this. You know the fact that it becomes a giant news story is a win right? Why not just delete the person's social media account and make sure their IP address is blocked.

These athletes have the ability to block comments from people that aren't friends, it's head in the sand to think you can have a platform of exclusively people telling you how awesome you are all the time

Someone was racist on the internet?

I'm truly shocked to be sitting here.

Maybe if we call that one anonymous guy out again then all racism will be solved?

Wait till people realise Racism is actually part of human survival instincts, and will never go completely away while we are still human. Ignore - Report - Ban

It is boring but maybe we should afford more consideration for the poor souls that need to express themselves in such a manner.

I'd go the other way and set out not to shame them but to help them. You can't be quite right if you think it a good idea to 'dislike' another for no reason other than for the colour of their skin. There's a problem here.

It's shithouse, but I wish players called it out and that's where it ended. I'm not against the clubs and AFL House and all that giving support, but I can't help feeling that's the sort of response these dickhead want.

Better to ignore this s**t and hope it dies though I understand how that's not a great idea to some.

It's shithouse, but I wish players called it out and that's where it ended. I'm not against the clubs and AFL House and all that giving support, but I can't help feeling that's the sort of response these dickhead want.

Better to ignore this s**t and hope it dies though I understand how that's not a great idea to some.

That's the whole point and why a response (if you are to respond) like 'I'm sorry you feel that way' may have more impact than to engage in semantic warfare.

..........and it's not all about race either. Tayla Harris made a mistake by calling people out as 'animals' All that does is to acknowledge and then empower the weak spirit that chose to post such rubbish. Deal with rubbish as rubbish and not allow it scope to breathe.

The reality is that the internet has a lot of idiots and racists. Racism like this is a big deal and is not something to tolerate, but I just feel like giving these people front page attention is going to draw copycat racists. Let’s not give crap people air time.

That's the whole point and why a response (if you are to respond) like 'I'm sorry you feel that way' may have more impact than to engage in semantic warfare.

..........and it's not all about race either. Tayla Harris made a mistake by calling people out as 'animals' All that does is to acknowledge and then empower the weak spirit that chose to post such rubbish. Deal with rubbish as rubbish and not allow it scope to breathe.
Said better than I could put it.

These people aren't going to come around if they feel they are being attacked, even if they started it. And these people are probably pretty susceptible to feeling attacked.

Honestly dickheads like this exist. The fact they get this much oxygen is at least partly why they do it. It’s not like they don’t know what reaction they will get. Better off reporting the comment and letting it go.
I think they are getting the reaction they want from the comments as well. Though I wonder if they would be happy to have their anonymity taken away with their identity revealed and actually have to take ownership for their words.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont know one person on social media who hasn’t been abused in one way or another. s**t behaviour but its the part of internet culture.

That is definitely ironic :thumbsu:

Someone was racist on the internet?

I'm truly shocked to be sitting here.

Maybe if we call that one anonymous guy out again then all racism will be solved?

Wait till people realise Racism is actually part of human survival instincts, and will never go completely away while we are still human. Ignore - Report - Ban

What the * does this even mean?

Is racism sh1t? Yes, obviously

Can players have private accounts, or use any other mechanism to not see it? Yes. Unfortunately, dickheads will always be there so do what you can to avoid them. It's unfortunate but it's also simple

What the fu** does this even mean?

Racism is a human instinct inbeded in us, it's incredibly naive to think its going to stop because people called out an anonymous account for saying something offensive on the internet. Best way to deal with it is ignore the person and report him which hopefully results in his account being banned

People mainly say this s**t to get a reaction and get attention, and that is exactly what we are giving them.

Racism is a human instinct inbeded in us, it's incredibly naive to think its going to stop because people called out an anonymous account for saying something offensive on the internet. Best way to deal with it is ignore the person and report him which hopefully results in his account being banned

People mainly say this s**t to get a reaction and get attention, and that is exactly what we are giving them.

I would argue that the concept of race itself is a social fiction and the notion of racism a social construction created to maintain the power and privilege of the ruling elite.

That is not to say that I don't think that racism is a very real condition, more that I disagree that it is a human instinct. People are taught to be racist, it is not an inherent human instinct.

I would argue that the concept of race itself is a social fiction and the notion of racism a social construction created to maintain the power and privilege of the ruling elite.

That is not to say that I don't think that racism is a very real condition, more that I disagree that it is a human instinct. People are taught to be racist, it is not an inherent human instinct.

Being fearful and untrusting of people different from you is a survival instinct that helped our ancestors evolve and survive. It's not just about race, but physical differences is a big one.

Unfortunately the tribes who ran up to a new strange tribe with open arms all got a dagger in their stomach sooner or later.

Do you disagree that humans have in-built survival instincts in us that may effect how we act or think about a certain situation?

Do you also believe the Earth is flat?
Keep spouting your BS until your red in the face, racism isn't an inbuilt thing, people aren't born racists... your FOS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back