Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

When my old man worked in the CBD he'd see Crawford running around the same spot every morning around 5am almost every day. He reckons Crawf would have missed less than 10 days of running over the ten years he worked there.

Sat opposite David Hille on the Skybus from Southern cross station to the airport. He was with his partner and seemed like a very chill guy.

My brother saw Brad Green jogging in South Perth at 6 in the morning last year, morning of the Eagles vs North game. Says he looked pretty fit still, considering he retired a few years ago.

When my old man worked in the CBD he'd see Crawford Running around the same spot every morning around 5am almost every day.

giphy.gif

I've got two for you all.

Went to the Collingwood intra club game last month, sat down in the Holden Center with my mate right next to the office door. None other than Eddie McGuire walks out. Gives us a wink and says "How ya going kids?" and we apathetically comply and he walks of.

Second one happened only moments later. We're looking at the Collingwood club records and I noticed a man come up beside me only a few meters away also looking at the board. Don't really pay much attention until I was looking at the record for most goals and I said to my friend "Gee Chris Tarrant was a beauty back in 2003". This unknown man previously mentioned steps beside to my right and says "Yep, he sure was." I look to my right and there he is.Chris-bloody-Tarrant. I was shocked and had a quick chat and then he walked out of the Holden Center. I remember the event so vividly and I still can't believe it actually happened.

Apparently a top guy from all reports.

I saw Stewart Loewe twice last year. Once was at the MCG in the AFL members bar, he brought his own BBQ shapes, the old variety (a man with taste) and proceeded to put them on a plate to eat. I assumed his hand were too big to fit into the packet.

Second time was at Melbourne International airport, they were doing reno's so not much was open. I sat next to him at the only cafe that was open. He had his son with him (am assuming) and ordered a coffee. I was having a beer, it was 9am so he looked at me like I have issues.

I do have issues.

Last year I was in a 10km race in Northern NSW and recognised the guy that finished fourth. The guy looked pretty tired so I got him a bottle of water- he gave me the thumbs up and a very tired wink. I looked up the results afterwards and found out it was former Collingwood player, Jaxson Barham.

Most interesting part of the encounter? Probably when I found out Mr and Mrs Barham actually called their son "Jaxson".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boy do I have some juicy gossip for this thread!

So yesterday I was walking through the CBD (Melbourne) and I spot a guy that looks familiar. As I approach I notice it is none other than Hawthorn superstar Luke Hodge. This is where it gets really boring! Not only was he walking through the city, but he was, wait for it... Pushing a PRAM!!! I could believe my eyes.

Never played in the afl but he's a local legend in the wafl was Ben Gibbins from Peel thunder they use to call him "lock down" cause hardly anyone could score a goal past the big fella !

Anyway I met him down Miami bakehouse had 3 pies and 2 sausage Rolls ready to go , big unit and loves a cheeky dart or 3

Had a few random ones, Saw patrick cripps at origin festival in perth, looked like he was high on more than just life ;). Sat a couple seats away from jake king at the eagles tigers game last year, still looked fit as he did in his playing days. Saw jeremy mcgovern at a restaurant, didn't realise how tall he actually was, his official stats say 1.90m but he'd be closer to 2 metres than that, the guys huge.

I saw Adam Treloar at southland dining area near the cinema tonight. I just happened to look over my shoulder at some soup place and there he was lining up outside.. I wasn't sure at first so i opened my afl app and showed my friend his pic and she thought it was him too.

I saw Adam Treloar at southland dining area near the cinema tonight. I just happened to look over my shoulder at some soup place and there he was lining up outside.. I wasn't sure at first so i opened my afl app and showed my friend his pic and she thought it was him too.
Me and a mate ran into Treloar at a big bash game earlier in the year. Was more than willing to have a chat, ripping bloke. His missus was even nice enough to hold our beer tray while we got a selfie with him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back