Most Boring VFL/AFL Player Encounters/Sightings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Me and a mate ran into Treloar at a big bash game earlier in the year. Was more than willing to have a chat, ripping bloke. His missus was even nice enough to hold our beer tray while we got a selfie with him!

Now thats the kinda woman you want.
Top marks to her for not being a prissy bitch.

the cats players are staying up in broadbeach on the gold coast this week.

i work in broady, and this arvo saw tom lonergan as i was walking to my cat. he was on the phone, and i first noticed him and did a double take before i realised who it was. he was looking directly at me the whole time, so he watched my double take.

then just for good measure i looked at him again, and he was still looking straight back at me. he kept talking on the phone and hopped over some fence and i kept walking like the awkward human being i am. don't think i would have said anything to him regardless of if he was on the phone or not haha.

I saw Adam Treloar at southland dining area near the cinema tonight. I just happened to look over my shoulder at some soup place and there he was lining up outside.. I wasn't sure at first so i opened my afl app and showed my friend his pic and she thought it was him too.
Can confirm this, I also saw Treloar at Southland on the same night haha.

Just yesterday I discovered Shannon Motlop moved in next door to me. Was putting some rubbish out at the same time he was and said hello.

Seen Cyril Rioli at a local supermarket hopping out of an old Commodore (thought he'd have access to something a bit flasher).

Ben McGlynn came down to watch a few training sessions at my local club as two of his brothers were playing for us.

Did your last neighbour get swept away by a tsunami?

i work in broady, and this arvo saw tom lonergan as i was walking to my cat. he was on the phone, and i first noticed him and did a double take before i realised who it was. he was looking directly at me the whole time, so he watched my double take.

then just for good measure i looked at him again, and he was still looking straight back at me. he kept talking on the phone and hopped over some fence and i kept walking like the awkward human being i am. don't think i would have said anything to him regardless of if he was on the phone or not haha.
I first read that line as 'saw Tom Lonergan as I was walking my cat'.

Frankly I prefer your story the way I first interpreted it far more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Taylor Walker and Bryce Gibbs having coffee at the Fresh Cafe at Byron Bay the morning after Rory Sloane's wedding. They seemed very engaged in one anothers presence.

I reckon Gibbs' wife had nothing to do with his trade request and his true intention was to pursue more coffee dates with Taylor Walker. Therefore, expect Walker to request a trade to Carlton this year :thumbsu:

The Cats stayed in Broadbeach on their end of season trip in 1993. We were on the same Ansett flight as them and then saw a few of them at Movie World a few days later while lining up for the Batman ride.

I took my dog for a walk at a random park in Perth in 2012. Two blokes were having a kick to kick which was kinda odd to do at this park. My dog ran upto one of the blokes so i followed and it turns out it was Chris Judd. Should be noted that both of them were missing targets.

Saw Clayton Oliver in the Perth CBD a couple of weeks ago. Held up my hand to give him a high five but instead he fell to the ground clutching his face. Dunno why, I was left hanging.*

Also saw John Worsfold at the Adelaide airport a couple of years ago. I was running late for a flight so only managed to get out a "Woosha!" on my way past. He waved, I waved, it was magical.

* May not have happened.

I've got two for you all.

Went to the Collingwood intra club game last month, sat down in the Holden Center with my mate right next to the office door. None other than Eddie McGuire walks out. Gives us a wink and says "How ya going kids?" and we apathetically comply and he walks of.

Second one happened only moments later. We're looking at the Collingwood club records and I noticed a man come up beside me only a few meters away also looking at the board. Don't really pay much attention until I was looking at the record for most goals and I said to my friend "Gee Chris Tarrant was a beauty back in 2003". This unknown man previously mentioned steps beside to my right and says "Yep, he sure was." I look to my right and there he is.Chris-bloody-Tarrant. I was shocked and had a quick chat and then he walked out of the Holden Center. I remember the event so vividly and I still can't believe it actually happened.

This reminds of the time I was eating at a small Japanese restaurant in Sydney about a decade ago. A song by Jet came on the speakers and I was chatting to my wife about how Jet sucked because they weren't original and what is with the poor state of Aussie rock music blah blah blah and the whole time my wife is giving me funny looks over my shoulder. Sitting behind me the whole time was Nic Cester, lead singer of Jet.

#facepalm.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back