Certified Legendary Thread My Sharona! (COVID-19 Information & Discussion Here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Official Government Information about COVID-19
Contact the National Coronavirus Information Hotline on 1800 020 080 for information about COVID-19.

Stay informed. Download the official government “Coronavirus Australia” app in the Apple App Store or Google Play,
or join our WhatsApp channel on iOS or Android.

If you live in the Adelaide metropolitan area and would like to get checked out, this is how get drive-thru testing at the Repat:

1584943828763.png

the Official Sources, Do You Have The Symptoms?, Tips and Statistics are below

Official Sources, Do you have Symptoms?, Tips, Statistics

Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Principles
https://www.health.gov.au/sites/def...-and-disinfection-principles-for-covid-19.pdf

SA Health:

Australian Federal Govt:

World Health Organisation:

Smart Traveller: (thanks Mutineer )

Do you have the symptoms?
(thanks again to Mutineer )

1584505884236.png

Tips

Home Isolation Advice:

What to do if you’re feeling unwell

If you are severely unwell, such as having difficulty breathing, call 000 (Triple Zero).

If you have travelled anywhere overseas in the past 14 days and have COVID-19 symptoms, seek testing at a COVID-19 clinic or contact your GP (advise your GP of your travel history) and isolate yourself.

If you have NOT travelled overseas recently, but are feeling unwell, visit your usual health care provider. Avoid contact with others if you are unwell.

Mental health in the age of coronavirus

Woolworths to introduce a dedicated shopping hour for the elderly and people with disability.

Keeping Yourself And Your Things Germ Free

Cleaning Your Phone

Optus Mobile giving away data due to Covid-19

To play our part in supporting your access needs, we are giving all eligible mobile subscribers a one off 20GB of free extra data which can be activated within My Optus app anytime during the month of April and valid for 30 days from activation. For our eligible prepaid customers, we will also be offering 10GB of free extra data when you top up for more than $40 during the month of April.

We'll have more details about these extra data offers available soon at optus.com.au/COVID19-support.

Statistics

Coronavirus COVID-19 Global Cases by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)

Stay safe and look after each other (from a safe distance)
Dear posters: unsubstantiated advice will be deleted. We understand you want to help, but #fakenews blah blah blah we're not allowing any disinformation. Got some great advice about washing your hands whilst dancing like David Byrne in Once In A Lifetime helps kill the virus? That's fantastic, provide a link to a reputable source.

Last edited:
Well the unemployment rate is tipped to go from 5% to 9-11% for about 3 months then start up a bit so considering its people on the lower wages for 3-6 months. They are probably looking at a 5-10% dip in GDP as a very rough guess. It may not be that disastrous 🤞🤞
Well the GFC of 2008 shaved off 6% of the UK's GDP and they had 10 years of austerity. Just saying.

While I dont want to make this a morbid political attack - the fact that Bob Glanzer Republican member of the South Dakota House of Reps passed away - making him the 2nd member of his family to die from COVID - must give some pause to those Republicans who are dismissive of this

I doubt it..but we shall see

Playing at home the Govt was down by 5 goals at QT, kicked straight in the 2nd quarter and made it a game within 2 goals at HT.

What is crucial from here, is the 3rd quarter. Premiership quarter.

How the Govt responds from this month onwards will shape Australia for years to come? Its going to be telling to say the least.
Bit flawed.

I’d rather the analogy that the Government lost the toss and were kicking against 7 goal gale in the 1st quarter.

It was tough going but they worked hard and in the end only gave up a 3 goal deficit at quarter time.

That 1st quarter set us up for an excellent 2nd quarter where we piled on 5 goals to nil with the wind.

So at half time we have a handy 2 goal lead. Need to keep working hard into the wind again in the 3rd to set up a hard fought win.

Luck or the fact we found the person had the virus due to testing and was able to contain it. works both ways,
And anyone in the close proximity was able to be tested under the rules established at that time,
Well s/he would have walked amongst the 80K crowd with the high possibility of spreading it so I say luck. Maybe s/he was asymptomatic but the virus wasn't yet able to spread, another few days....

This must be a nightmare for DFAT trying to arrange safe passage home for thousands of Australians trapped overseas....

The American govt. is selling medical equipment to private firms who then sell it on to the highest bidding state. It's all just a massive grift so Trump and his buddies can make money.

Some of these companies are only 3 weeks old. So a brand new company somehow has 100 million new masks to sell to states and won’t tell anybody where they got them. This is what Junkyard Jared meant when he said the federal stockpile isn’t for the states, it's for private companies.

But if he wasn’t doing a good job early, like your expert opinion suggests, where would we be now? And when did he start doing a good job in your opinion or have you agreed with his measures all along?

As for bias, when you deflect criticism of China’s dodgy regime to ScoMos handling of the fires, then yeah you’re biased.
I think the state leaders took control of closing their own boarders and implementing their own social distancing rule before the government. The PM did a very good job in cushioning the financial impact with introducing very good policy in quick time.

I think the state leaders took control of closing their own boarders and implementing their own social distancing rule before the government. The PM did a very good job in cushioning the financial impact with introducing very good policy in quick time.
I think generally all of the governments have stepped up except that bloody cruise ship. The National Council has been a very good idea and everyone is working together. All these actions by the State Leaders would have been discussed at these meetings and ScoMo has said the States will go it alone on some measures, which is smart as not all States are in the same position.

not really Matty, the states followed the advice of AHPPC and the working party that set up,
Nah, let's not try to rewrite history here.

The states grabbed Scomo by the nose and dragged him into action.

Tasmania closed its borders before Australia clunked into gear and started moving. Other states soon followed.

The states didn't even pretend to listen to federal advice about schools. Most went it alone.

Self-isolation rules largely rolled out by the states hence the different rules in each state.

The medical response is also state based. Been numerous cases of state medical advice disregarding the federal advice.

States are closer to the people they represent than the bureaucrats in Canberra. They proved to be the spearhead of the response.

What the fed govt has done well is gear up the economic response once the virus got loose and the economic chaos began.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This must be a nightmare for DFAT trying to arrange safe passage home for thousands of Australians trapped overseas....

Particularly when our airlines are essentially grounding themselves. If those people chose to travel after the govt advised them not to, no effort should be given to help them get home.

How do you know that the government's initial response to the outbreak was justified?

We're not even at the peak of the situation in the country yet, let alone completely past it and able to reflect. So let's just hold off on giving the government a big tick for what they've done.
There is a lot of evidence the initial mapping and Plan was the correct way, Australia, as a result, is better prepared for a major influx,
We now have more beds and Hospital with some acting as a virus-free hospital while others strictly dealing with the Virus,
We Have more medical trained staff, they're a lot of RN's doing catch up training on equipment needed, with trainee medical staff being exposed to the similar training
Our medical support systems are in place, and solid,
More medical supplies have arrived with more in works, as manufactures have changed over to producing supplies within our borders
We have had time to establish several Financial packages to lessen the Blow and also keep an eye on the future.
We have had time to establish rules to remove the threat of people losing there homes.

The sheer fact we have had the time to do this and other events is proof.
I remember some panicking saying we don't have enough hospital beds, not enough ICU beds, Note enough trained staff, a few weeks back,

Your bias is showing thru. We needed to close our borders earlier, some of his decisions were woeful early but he has done alright the last few weeks.

Did you even watch Four Corners? When medical experts tell you what you need to do, do it. We are an island nation, we have done well, we could have done better.
Not Bias Mate, And the Four Corner story is just That a story base of different opinions, and a lot of Hindsight bias but it all medical bais.
Like I have mentioned this is not just a medical issue which is why the working party consist of more than medical personnel.

As for doing better, as explained recently we are better prepared today because of the decisions we made back then,
Also, did you notice 4 Corners did not mention that the biggest group of people that infect Australia from overseas were returning patriots, who were told to self-isolate, Closing the border earlier would not have stopped them,
Also, I do not trust the media and stories from the likes of 4 Corners as they are chasing rating, I do however trust the Data I have seen every day since January.

Trust is gone mate.
No Country will ever trust China again..

Porbably the only positive to come out of all this.
I don't think countries really trusted China before this and it never stopped them trading with them. I think you're in for a pretty rude awakening if you think Scomo and the Libs are going to go hard on China. They will want everything to go back to how it was. Expecting some kind of paradigm shift in the way we do trade is just a pipe dream.

Mind you don't take this as me disagreeing with you. I also would like to see Australia massively cut down it's trading partnership with China. I also know though that's it's really easy to talk the talk. Will the Australian people actually accept a lower standard of living that would eventuate from that? I seriously doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back