List Mgmt. National Draft 2020 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Baldwins 2nd ACL was a partial tear and it was done when he was tackled in a trial game.

I reckon that there'll be 2 rookie upgrades, possibly Pickett and Aarts.
I think you might be mistaken here
" Although his knee buckled as he went to shepherd an opponent, Baldwin's surgeon has assessed that the new injury is not related to last year's tear. "

He didnt get there to carry out the shepherd

Also believe a guy called Astbury has come back quite well from a knee and his was a bad one IIRC

Having checked Astbury injured both knees suffering a patella dislocation to both.

Many here, myself included, thought that would be the end of him, but here we sit with him as a triple premiership player.

Multiple knees don't have to mean the end of a career.

Last edited:

Just have too look how Pattons career has nosedived since multi knees.
Are his injuries at HFC related? He did a hammy, and injured the Achilles area. Not sure on what leg. Regardless I be reluctant to draft a young guy with such knee issues. Trade a kpf if CJ isn't up to it.

I don't think that we've ever been in a better position to take that 2nd round risk. Remembering that we hold a pretty good draft hand next year.
Understand and agree with us being in the best position.
Not sure any other club can take that risk so why not take him with our last pick instead of 36?

Are his injuries at HFC related? He did a hammy, and injured the Achilles area. Not sure on what leg. Regardless I be reluctant to draft a young guy with such knee issues. Trade a kpf if CJ isn't up to it.
Might be related.Over compensating with the knee could put pressure on other areas then snap.

I don’t see why we cannot promote from within, players like Ross, Stack, RCD, Naish and Aarts will all 21+ next season and have had enough preseasons under their belts to compensate for the loss in depth that Higgins and Markov create.

I really think we need to plan to replace Riewoldt and Astbury, if there isn’t a tall who slips to our pick I’d expect the club to justgo with the beat available kid. Someone will usually slip to the range of our first pick.

I definitely hope so.

Yet as people keep saying the draft is for 5 years from now.

Not only do Markov and Higgins need to be replaced eventually also cotchin. Titch. Bacha etc too

Caddy can play tall + ccj, Chol, Miller? Garthwaite? And soldo, mate incoming is not ideal but not as bad as being theorized.

You could argue that young midfield group you mentioned have shown very little up to now as a collective

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Multiple Knee's before 18 years of age is the biggest issue as well as the way he done the 2nd is worrying.
Rookie list for me
I’d be to scared to take the punt, I really feel sorry for the bloke but after seeing the likes of Daniel Menzel, Alex Johnson and Alex Woodward who all suffered numerous ACL injuries and had their careers ruined because of them.

Baldwin also hasn’t played for two years and missed arguably the two most important years in a player’s development in that 16-18yo bracket.

I honestly wish him all the best but I’d also only take him as a rookie or really late in the draft.

Footy marathon for me tonight

Currently watching the 2017 grand final, next up 2019 and later tonight 2020 LMAO

Life is good.
Multiple Knee's before 18 years of age is the biggest issue as well as the way he done the 2nd is worrying.
Rookie list for me
I’d be to scared to take the punt, I really feel sorry for the bloke but after seeing the likes of Daniel Menzel, Alex Johnson and Alex Woodward who all suffered numerous ACL injuries and had their careers ruined because of them.

Baldwin also hasn’t played for two years and missed arguably the two most important years in a player’s development in that 16-18yo bracket.

I honestly wish him all the best but I’d also only take him as a rookie or really late in the draft.
There's always a kid who doesn't get picked for some reason.
Think he's this years unlucky story.

For me ,

Isiah Winder is the only one that I want at Pick 17.

He fits the mould beautifully . Explosive , great endurance, x factor, ball winning goal kicker.

The more athletic freaks we get the better

Just read up on him. Seems a jet. Is he any chance at our second pick? I know nothing about up and comers FYI haha

Just looked up as well, I didn't even realise Geelong and West Coast don't have picks until after us, which we could very well get MJR before they get a pick, and Brisbane and Port only have 1 in between our first two picks... Tigers are looking good!!

Last edited:
Yeah but ask any Carlton supporter he was never anywhere near the same player he once was. That's another issue with Baldwin, even if he never has another knee injury, his best may have already come and gone.

There was. Period where kouta was a machine and probably the best player prior to that injury

Also believe a guy called Astbury has come back quite well from a knee and his was a bad one IIRC

Having checked Astbury injured both knees suffering a patella dislocation to both.

Many here, myself included, thought that would be the end of him, but here we sit with him as a triple premiership player.

Multiple knees don't have to mean the end of a career.

Far from an acl though. Takes 2 years to get back to best form after an acl

Remove this Banner Ad

Back