List Mgmt. National Draft 2020 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We drafted Liam Baker the same year we drafted Higgins. By your logic we would have ignored baker in the rookie draft because we'd already picked Higgins.

Does that sound like a good stategy?
Rookie draft is alot different to your 1st in the ND don't you think?

I challenge you to confirm anybody on bigfooty that has seen any football in victoria this season
VB_longneck is Chris Scott.

Rookie draft is alot different to your 1st in the ND don't you think?

The point is, we draft best available regardless of where the pick is. "Too many small forwards" doesn't even factor into our thinking when drafting. What if we drafted Bailey Laurie and turned him into Bachar Houli's replacement? Would it be a worth while pick then?

Blair has even said it himself in the past. "Draft for talent, trade for need"

OK considering you have gone the 3 year old childs route i will play.

because
You fill the draft thread every year with strong opinions on players we should draft never conceding you have NFI what you are talking about. Your so called knowledge is based on 5 minute highlight reels and asking Knightmare his opinion. Why don't you just say that you don't have any idea what you're talking about?

The point is, we draft best available regardless of where the pick is. "Too many small forwards" doesn't even factor into our thinking when drafting. What if we drafted Bailey Laurie and turned him into Bachar Houli's replacement? Would it be a worth while pick then?

Blair has even said it himself in the past. "Draft for talent, trade for need"
And we are drafting for Talent with MRJ who is that small fwd like Laurie.
I just think unless there's a KP we rate,We should do what Blair said and trade for need.Swap 17 for a future pick.

You fill the draft thread every year with strong opinions on players we should draft never conceding you have NFI what you are talking about. Your so called knowledge is based on 5 minute highlight reels and asking Knightmare his opinion. Why don't you just say that you don't have any idea what you're talking about?
Thats my prerogative and i atleast can make a claim to atleast watch 15+ games a year of juniors and have contributed to meeting at the club for multiple purposes unlike yourself who has NFI and just blurt rubbish. I also know people that are involved with junior football who have been friends for over 20 years that are involved at clubs like Keilor during the Ellis Laverde years that have moved onto other clubs.

And you ? How many junior games have you been to this year

Thats my prerogative and i atleast can make a claim to atleast watch 15+ games a year of juniors and have contributed to meeting at the club for multiple purposes unlike yourself who has NFI and just blurt rubbish. I also know people that are involved with junior football who have been friends for over 20 years that are involved at clubs like Keilor during the Ellis Laverde years that have moved onto other clubs.

And you ? How many junior games have you been to this year
None. But I don't fill this thread with incessant garbage regarding who we should take in the draft. All those things that you mentioned are irrelevant and purely you just big noting yourself. It's pretty obvious and pathetic really.

None. But I don't fill this thread with incessant garbage regarding who we should take in the draft. All those things that you mentioned are irrelevant and purely you just big noting yourself. It's pretty obvious and pathetic really.

Thought so !! So you go to No junior games
Have you ever in your life been in meeting with the RFC ? I have had meeting regarding many things at the Richmond Football club as well as the Western Bulldogs as well as being friends with Bachar Houli , Adam Saad and helped with the islamic parts of their female football 3 years ago.

Would you even take time of work to meet or contribute ? or is your total football contribution and knowledge only on this forum ?

this thread is for sharing thoughts on draftees... gun is as entitled as anyone to do so, how you take it is your prerogative

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this thread is for sharing thoughts on draftees... gun is as entitled as anyone to do so, how you take it is your prerogative
Happy to take criticism from people who have more knowledge and involvement than i do and have over many years at many football clubs in my 55 years from playing school boy football for richmond tech to coaching at my kids school and helping out at keilor many years ago. I have watched football at many levels from juniors to vfl to local clubs. But for people who have done nothing is a bit rich. But as you mentioned its a foooty forum and this thread is for opinions and everybody has an opinion and is entitled to express theirs . Idiots that dont like it 'Use the ignore button" Its just that simple ;) and there is sumtingwong if you dont:tearsofjoy:

We drafted Liam Baker the same year we drafted Higgins. By your logic we would have ignored baker in the rookie draft because we'd already picked Higgins.

Does that sound like a good stategy?

There were many melts about us selecting another small in baker. Love how the club came out and said they rated baker as the best player outside of AFL so we picked him. As simple as that. Lack of height or position played (small forward at the time) didn't matter.

There were many melts about us selecting another small in baker. Love how the club came out and said they rated baker as the best player outside of AFL so we picked him. As simple as that. Lack of height or position played (small forward at the time) didn't matter.
Who ever scouted/ identified Bakery deserves a medal.

Absolute gem of a rookie pick and is your classic type that slips through the net due to his height

This is true.

For most of this board the passion went out of the draft thread once we won a flag in 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And we are drafting for Talent with MRJ who is that small fwd like Laurie.
I just think unless there's a KP we rate,We should do what Blair said and trade for need.Swap 17 for a future pick.
Apparently there’s a lack of clubs wanting to do this (ie trade out next years R1). Collingwood are the only club interested in ditching their R1 2021 selection, while (according to Cal Twomey) there’s a host of clubs (including us) that may try and trade into next years draft

Thought so !! So you go to No junior games
Have you ever in your life been in meeting with the RFC ? I have had meeting regarding many things at the Richmond Football club as well as the Western Bulldogs as well as being friends with Bachar Houli , Adam Saad and helped with the islamic parts of their female football 3 years ago.

Would you even take time of work to meet or contribute ? or is your total football contribution and knowledge only on this forum ?
Despite all that I still know more about football than you. You're wasting your time.

My preferences at our first pick. As a caveat, all I’ve seen are player highlights so I’m as far from an expert as you can get.

1. Bruhn - won’t drop but Twomey says there’s a small chance he gets to us.
2. Powell - Accumulating mid who played this year so has it over Macrae for mine because of this.
3. Macrae - The last of the decent mids in the pool. If gone, prefer game breakers in Cook, then Ford.
4. Cook - My preference over Ford as he’s got the runs on the board this year. A game breaker.
5. Ford - he sounds like the one who they will say was picked early at 17 but boy he looks exciting.

Perhaps one or max two of this list will be available.

Im thinking the following will be definitely gone by our pick (not including NGA).

1 McDonald
2 Hollands
3 DGB
4 Thilthorpe
5 Philips
6 Perkins
7 Reid
8 Cox
9 Henry
10 Chapman

And these guys are a chance to also go before our pick...

11 Carroll
12 Laurie
13 Stone
14 O Driscoll
15 Poulter

16 McInnes may also be bid on early chewing up one of Collingwoods picks ahead of us.

So at 17 we may see none, one or two of these options on the board for us. But knowing us, we will pick another name seemingly out of the blue and all will turn out ok. I have a feeling we have our sights set on Carroll, O Driscoll or Laurie as those are the types of characters we normally draft, but I don’t have any claim on inside knowledge here.

Last edited:
6CDC8B9E-23D3-47D5-8258-3757C65561DA.png

Don’t know what I’m missing, but this guy sounds like a great fit at that height. Is a midfielder, but could also become that 2nd key forward as he drifts up there a bit. Was the only one of the 30 odd guys profiles in the first section of that guide that had no yellow in the rating section. All greens or better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back