• Half Back Flank

• Half Back Flank

• Another Ruckman

• George Castagna

• Best available, yep I knew you'd choose this one ya tool

• A hard hitter like Sonsie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

wouldn't be against grabbing a mid first pick, definitely need it since we haven't picked up any depth in the trade period

our VFL midfield was already in shambles last year with cotchin still in the seniors

a starting midfield of dow, sonsie & ...? maurice? doesn't exactly give you much hope

think we're pretty set on KPP at the moment especially if gibcus ever returns and we're s**t odds of finding a great tall with where our picks start. better off hoping that the trade goss of next year actually happens

i guess there's a chance pickett gets to be our experienced VFL mid

actually our KPD stocks are shot in the VFL just remembered we have no biggy. so miller is our only one. and he might have to play ruck/fwd alongside the cat b ruck if ryan finds himself in the seniors......

we're stacked with flankers and wingers though that has gotta count for something

Bit of Dane Swan about him
Just watched and you're right. Plays on instinct and just knows where to be and when to go. Doesn't waste a lot of energy up on his toes bobbing around but when he goes he goes hard and gets it going for his team. Good prospect for a pick at our range but wouldn't sell the farm for him.

Steven’s definitely looks a player. I understand some of the hesitation given his size, but he’s not a JGTI who is just big for his age he’s big full stop. Just look at the VFL game, appears to be above the level and to have the tank to get around and keep presenting given the number of touches he had.

Don't know why people are discounting our ability to get Collard? We have 2 2nd rounders next year we can trade into this year. If he gets into the late teens/early 20's somebody might do a trade with us.

Don't know why people are discounting our ability to get Collard? We have 2 2nd rounders next year we can trade into this year. If he gets into the late teens/early 20's somebody might do a trade with us.
How does Stevens fit in with Hopper and Taranto, we would be so slow. Imagine those 3 trying to chase on the rebound.

I'm with you on Collard, looks a ripper.

How does Stevens fit in with Hopper and Taranto, we would be so slow. Imagine those 3 trying to chase on the rebound.

I'm with you on Collard, looks a ripper.
Stevens is 7 to 8 years younger than Taranto and Hopper. When they are retired we will have a powerful mid in his prime.

I would be staggered if we traded any future picks for this draft given everything looks designed to attack the 2024 season.

We've built our draft capital to align with the expiration of Dusty, Prestia, Nank and Grimes' contracts to free up enormous cap space which may be unrivalled with anyone in the league given Dusty's huge salary - in total we have 21 players out of contract at the end of next year.

We are going to have so much money to attack free agency AND the draft which is touted as extremely midfielder heavy.

I would expect us to keep our powder dry this draft and take a few project talls of available.

Next year will be huge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be staggered if we traded any future picks for this draft given everything looks designed to attack the 2024 season.

We've built our draft capital to align with the expiration of Dusty, Prestia, Nank and Grimes' contracts to free up enormous cap space which may be unrivalled with anyone in the league given Dusty's huge salary - in total we have 21 players out of contract at the end of next year.

We are going to have so much money to attack free agency AND the draft which is touted as extremely midfielder heavy.

I would expect us to keep our powder dry this draft and take a few project talls of available.

Next year will be huge.
It looks like our plan is to exchange the next 2 years 1st round picks for Ben King

It looks like our plan is to exchange the next 2 years 1st round picks for Ben King
Too early to get into specific names for me.

But there's a reason why clubs were offloading picks for fun this year and the AFL were giving out first rounders like tic tacs.

Geelong from day one put their pick 8 (which will become 11+) on the table and no one was interested.

Do not trade future picks to get into this year's draft! Hold fire for next year.

CBA completed, salary caps going up by 30%, clubs will be offering stupid money to any player available. You can guarantee both SA clubs will be throwing silly money at Graham as a free agent, which could be problematic if we're chasing free agents as he won't get any compo if we pick up someone else.

West Coast will throw the kitchen sink at Baker, thankfully he's a not a free agent. So they will have to pay up if they manage to turn his head.

Next season is going to be the Wild West, make sure we're prepared.

Last edited:
Reading the bio on Stevens and Weckert scream Richmond man to me
Like them both, but Weckert might be a better chance to last to our later pick…And we’ve done well out of S.A…Rogers, Tape, Bulluss…

What is required is a ready made player to slot into the Senior Side that has performed on the main stage VFL Grandfinal !

SHAUN MANNAGH
Clubs after a plug and play mature-ager who can find the footy with ease and consistently hit the scoreboard, look no further. Mannagh put an exclamation point on his dominant VFL season with an incredible grand final performance, booting six goals and racking up 28 disposals to win the best-on-ground medal in Werribee’s loss to Gold Coast. You have to have make a significant impact to get drafted at 26, but Mannagh did just that at VFL level this season as a midfielder-forward, averaging 25 disposals, 7.8 score involvements, 5.6 tackles 4.7 clearances, 1.9 goals and 117 ranking points per game. Players who can break games open in the forward half while winning 20 disposals are hard to find, and Mannagh is well worth the punt

Retire, they are 6-7 years away from that, Stevens looks ready to go, or a year away at best. We need speed around the contest, in 5 years time we can draft a Stevens type.
It's not that easy picking up a top-tier big-body mid! If you do, you need to sell the farm to get one which then weakens you (Taranto and Hopper trades as an example). It is always better to grow your own. Speed can be obtained more easily eg look at Liam Henry. They are cheaper on the market and can be found deeper in the draft too.

It's not that easy picking up a top-tier big-body mid! If you do, you need to sell the farm to get one which then weakens you (Taranto and Hopper trades as an example). It is always better to grow your own. Speed can be obtained more easily eg look at Liam Henry. They are cheaper on the market and can be found deeper in the draft too.
Will be gone at geelongs pick anyway

Back