Event Rising Star Presentation Wednesday December 15 7PM

Remove this Banner Ad

krakouers85 clinched all of the Rookies awards by leading the Isotopes to 5th place in PMBangers SuperLeague

That was a performance that will go down in Qooty folklore

For what it’s worth I took us to the grand final and the minor premiership, if anyone is counting 👀 💪🏼

View attachment 1257609

When the going gets tough …..

Plenty happening behind the scenes as the S32 rookie field has really hit stride now as they come past us to enter into the final lap.

At the head of the Rising Star field we have damicky making his run followed by hotchilli (the leading filly), both of them trying to haul in the clear leader at the minute, krakouers85 setting a cracking pace out front.

Electronic_Renaissance is making up good ground on the leaders, mostly off the back of solid posting. Bluelegs is cruising in 5th and Soggy2112 is moving slowly through the field and now into 6th place, firming from $16 into $10 for the win.

The next bunch will be intriguing with Brenton Davy , thewizardmelon and CursingFijian all threatening to blow the race apart and well in striking distance.

Tucked in behind them are mike ross and Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever looking relaxed and comfortable, but there’s a bit of money starting to come through now for ImissFrosty and Dory_77 as the long shots for a place.

Pickitt has also entered the betting this week at $ 55 and may start his run for a placing now too.

View attachment 1257599

Here’s the latest Rising Star odds:

krakouers85 - Royals $ 3.50
damicky - Demons $ 5
hotchilli - Roys $6
Electronic_Renaissance - Bears $ 8
Bluelegs - Demons $ 9
Soggy2112 - Wonders $10
Brenton Davy - Wonders $ 13
thewizardmelon - Phoenix $ 17
CursingFijian - Bombers $ 20
mike ross - Swamprats $ 30
ImissFrosty - Furies $34
Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever - Roys $40
Dory_77 - Gumbies $ 50
Pickitt - Demons $ 55
Osc1 - Bombers $ 60
Lore - Roys $ 70
good good, shorten my odds.... and lengthen others...
giphy.gif

Rnd 10 nomination Blue Legs
Round 10 Torch Nomination

Now we are all caught up, we spent the week trawling through every post by a Rookie, Barrybran told me he found a few good ones and even laughed,
Lingua Ignota was so frustrated that he decided that he needed to whip people instead of get whipped, his world will never be the same.

Personally I just skimmed through the posts and didn't get to emotionally attached.

Anyhow we landed on nominating Bluelegs mostly due to his cash bribe.

We interviewed both him and and his skipper manangatang to getting a better understanding of this young Rookie.

INSERT BEST GRAPHIC EVER

Blue Legs has won a nomination, how would you describe them and their posting style to the SFA public, we all love a plays like comparison for Rookies does Blue Legs have a style similar to another poster

Playing-wise, with his role on the Wing, he's emulating the dominance of Callums_Guns over the past few seasons.

In terms of posting, he's got a bit of fitzroybowiedog about him (albeit less prominent at this stage) - he's a very quick, clever and funny poster and has oodles of potential.

How did you come across Blue Legs and how did he end up at your club

He was another recruit from the Melbourne Sweet F.A. tour. He seemed to enjoy the aspect of being able to kick snags and rack up possies while sinking beer, so he was a natural fit for the league.

What influence has Blue Legs had on the club, how has your culture integrated them?
He's had me laughing out loud with some of his posting in our team PM and in match threads, so I think he's fit in beautifully. He reminds me of moginie in that he has just almost instantly become part of the furniture of Mt. Buller.

Is there any other Rookies you noticed this year, who do you think is the best chance for the Torch outside your own Rookies

hotchilli brought some heat (geddit?) last week, which was nice to see.

But I think our crew of rookies are the best, and I expect a more settled Pickitt to grab his nomination shortly too.

We also had a chance to catch up with this weeks nomination Blue Legs. I liked that he mentioned mark Jackson and stuck the boot into I miss Frosty, I hated that he gave Thrilla a wrap and was disappointed he didn't give it to GREENESHOOTS . All said, unless a large bribe comes in, I cant see him over coming the mistake of saying positive things about serial_thrilla

Welcome to the SFA , which of your team mates has helped you most in transitioning to the SFA and which team mate is the biggest campaigner
Thanks Goose, Manangatang has been huge in getting me settled in the SFA. He's been a real leader in Headless ' absense, Callums_Guns was also really helpful for me when I had just joined. No one has stood out as being a campaigner to me personally. But I've noticed my teammates ripping into DemonJim regularly. I'll do anything to fit in, so I'll say he is definitely the biggest campaigner I've ever come across.

Are you more excited about the award now that the hapless s31 class led by Greeneshoots has had it taken off them and would you join the Gumbies in order to win it

I'm very excited by the prospect of having my name on something, anything. As a kid the only award I got playing footy was the 50 game player trophy.

Who are the Gumbies?

Tell us a bit about your posting style and is there any source of inspiration behind it?

I like to follow ImissFrosty around the board and take potshots to try and get him to melt. Not much more to it than that.

Who is your favourite poster on your team, and who is the opposition team mate you enjoy most, is there a poster whose style is close to your own?

It was the posting style of Headless and Proper Gander on the Dees board that piqued my interest in the SFA.

I liked playing 21 questions with serial_thrilla.

Much like Mark Jackson, I'm an individual, no one can match my style.

Do you have a sparring partner yet or are there any posters you just can’t cop

I mentioned Imissfrosty before but I don't think you could call that 'sparring' it would imply he get's a few hits in.

What aspect of the SFA do you enjoy most

I really enjoy missing a dozen pages of the match day threads then chiming in pretending I know what's going on. I don't think anyone has realised I have no idea what I'm talking about, yet.

We also had a chance to catch up with this weeks nomination Blue Legs. I liked that he mentioned mark Jackson and stuck the boot into I miss Frosty, I hated that he gave Thrilla a wrap and was disappointed he didn't give it to GREENESHOOTS . All said, unless a large bribe comes in, I cant see him over coming the mistake of saying positive things about serial_thrilla
Give this man the Eka!

Might as well make the most of your moment in the sun mate. Blink and it’ll be all over.

Don’t go all ******* precious now, son. Make your mamma proud!!
Good call.

So many people to thank.

Full credit to The Boys. Not my teammates but the tv series starring Karl Urban. I love that show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7C6DF244-655D-4DB5-930A-B173BC865163.png

The Wild Goose Chase is ON!!!

For those who’ve been tracking the Rising Star ‘Torch’ competition, you’d know that the field has been cracked wide open and absolute ******* anarchy has engulfed the race.

The training wheels are off, the horses have bolted and an unholy stampede is in progress. It’s a do-or-die race to the finish and we’re into the last 4 weeks.

BC8C5B6B-3F2E-4767-BE36-91339E3E5684.gif

The criteria for winning the Torch are necessarily tied to qualitative factors. Even so, perhaps the rawest indicator of rookie progress at this point is in the numbers - the quantitative factor.

But do not assume that more is better. In fact in many cases less is more, but rookies do need to put themselves out there to be noticed.

D762C356-3C10-4D52-BDE0-229F909BA44E.gif

Here’s the Top 20 in total numbers of posts by this season’s rookies.

1,924 - Brenton Davy (WON)
1,848 - Pickitt (DEM)
1,444 - damicky (DEM)
1,243 - krakouers85 (GCR)
871 - ImissFrosty (FUR)
814 - Electronic_Renaissance (LVB)
625 - hotchilli (ROY)
515 - CursingFijian (BOM)
398 - Soggy2112 (WON)
389 - Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever (ROY)
254 - thewizardmelon (ESP)
197 - Bluelegs (DEM)
130 - Dory_77 (GUM)
128 - DJ75 (DRA)
100 - Lore (ROY)
95 - CrowInFiji* (BOM)
84 - mike ross (SCS)
67 - Osc1 (BOM)
54 - Ticky009 (SCS)
35 - Dancing Potato (GCR)

00E68C89-BE30-44C7-B08D-E930B1A6A5B2.jpeg

View attachment 1264600

The Wild Goose Chase is ON!!!

For those who’ve been tracking the Rising Star ‘Torch’ competition, you’d know that the field has been cracked wide open and absolute ******* anarchy has engulfed the race.

The training wheels are off, the horses have bolted and an unholy stampede is in progress. It’s a do-or-die race to the finish and we’re into the last 4 weeks.

View attachment 1264601

The criteria for winning the Torch are necessarily tied to qualitative factors. Even so, perhaps the rawest indicator of rookie progress at this point is in the numbers - the quantitative factor.

But do not assume that more is better. In fact in many cases less is more, but rookies do need to put themselves out there to be noticed.

View attachment 1264596

Here’s the Top 20 in total numbers of posts by this season’s rookies.

1,924 - Brenton Davy (WON)
1,848 - Pickitt (DEM)
1,444 - damicky (DEM)
1,243 - krakouers85 (GCR)
871 - ImissFrosty (FUR)
814 - Electronic_Renaissance (LVB)
625 - hotchilli (ROY)
515 - CursingFijian (BOM)
398 - Soggy2112 (WON)
389 - Cats_R_Cool_4_Ever (ROY)
254 - thewizardmelon (ESP)
197 - Bluelegs (DEM)