Meltdown NFC East - Cantankerous Bastards Getting a Room ©

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want to pollute the game week thread so I will post it here. Have just caught up with the Josh Brown situation and I admit I am conflicted. I will explain. I am appalled at what I have read of Browns admissions , I am saddened for his ex-wife. I would have wished these complaints/situations were dealt with earlier.

But as I read it the May 2015 charges were dropped so as of now NO convictions have been recorded against Brown. This does not excuse his behaviour or lessen it. He must own his behaviour. AND HE HAS. This is where the conflict lays. I am a strong believer in change. ie if you admit to your behaviour and that you recognize you have hurt someone then you should be given an opportunity to show you are a different person. His confession/admission reads like someone who has gone through some serious counselling and reflection. I admire him for doing this and being open to friends and colleagues about this. It reads like an AA letter. I hope both Josh and Molly are in good places and both continue to receive the support of friends and family.

As a publicity conundrum for the NFL and the Giants I can see no other alternative than to let him go ie cut his contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back