Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm a one eyed supporter, yet you're nominating Butters (with Bont) as 'easily' the best two players in the competition in 2023.

OK.

I've explained why Daicos was the #1 player in the competition for 2023 (and it was marginal... I would never say 'easily' in the same way you guys have with your nominations).

Let's hear your rationale for the alternatives...

Specifically Butters, who had a (slightly) inferior finals series to Daicos, and whom his peers rated behind Daicos in their MVP (despite having played more games).

Because they were the two best players in the competition.

Your behaviour in this thread is an embarrassment. This forum is worse off for posters like you.

So you need one act to make yourself the GOAT? 😂 😂

He won tonnes of hard balls last week. Also won tonnes in the grand final. Actually won us the game with winning two contested balls in the last few minutes. Or do Grand Final hard balls not impress you? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Nothin mark mercuri didn’t do a thousand times ..including being a star 19 year old in the 93’ GF premiership match.

Mercuri was around the same size as Nicky D and took
A squillion contested marks too.

Nick ain’t that better than all. He’s just on a par for a very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick Daicos is this week set to bring up his 50th AFL game. First milestone of many more to come from the prodigal son, congratulations young fella 👍 Would like to hear some of your best memories so far in Nick's glittering career. A premiership obviously takes the cake, but I would like this week to focus on his individual moments of brilliance in what is being touted as the greatest first 50 games in history.

View attachment 1932717

In other news Port skipper Trevor Boak is also on track to bring up game 350 this week.
I'm surprised but also not surprised how many people have missed the subtle point of your OP....

This thread is making me sad.

I might go watch the Grand Final again and watch that ‘handball of God’ goal again.

Remind me, who had the most contested possessions in this Grand Final? Ow yeah, that’s right, it’s not a Carlton player 😂

I might go watch the Grand Final again and watch that ‘handball of God’ goal again.

Remind me, who had the most contested possessions in this Grand Final? Ow yeah, that’s right, it’s not a Carlton player 😂
I suspect this is what most pies supporters are currently doing considering the events of the past couple of weeks.

Make sure to catch the first few minutes, you will see the 'dropping at the knees of God.'

Can we please get an answer as to how Nicki was better than Bont when all the stats say otherwise??

He was also voted by his peers as the clear best player...
For me stats are the most overrated thing in footy anyway.
Daicos is a great player and could be an all time great but right now, as the discussion is GOAT, if I were offered a choice to win a big game based on what they bring or have done in their careers am I taking Nick or Bont? Easy answer for me.
Nick or Dusty? Very easy answer.

Neale, Danger, Jeremy Cameron,Hawkins, Curnow, Cripps,Pendles,Sidebottom,Fyfe,Toby,Petracca,Oliver,Gawn,Wines,Boak some serious players there who bring serious all round match winning attribute's and have done for a sustained period. I understand the thread is about a long term forecast and fair enough but I just think sometimes we forget how great some players are or were and get absorbed by statistics.
As a Richmond man give me Trent Cotchin in the second half of his career over Trent Cotchin who was getting it over 30 times a week in the first half of his career every day.
In 12 years my answer might change but there is a lot of bridges to cross for Nick.

I'm trying to watch the last Carlton premiership but I can't find it, can you link?
Actually, I could link . I understand that you probably couldn't afford it back then and were probably unaware if it's existence , but yes the internet was a thing back then.

Last edited:
Same s**t, different year

Plucking out an article from nearly 3 years ago....

And the call was 'comparing Walsh to other #1 draft picks drafted as midfielders....'

So a sample set of what, 10 players?

Compared to Daicos, who was rated 'the best first 50 games since the turn of the century, if not the AFL era....'

Plucking out an article from nearly 3 years ago....

And the call was 'comparing Walsh to other #1 draft picks drafted as midfielders....'

So a sample set of what, 10 players?

Compared to Daicos, who was rated 'the best first 50 games since the turn of the century, if not the AFL era....'
Reality is that both are just fluff pieces from Twomey baiting clicks from two big supporter bases.

Reality is that both are just fluff pieces from Twomey baiting clicks from two big supporter bases.
Reality is that as per this thread topic, Daicos has the best first 50 games 'of any player since the turn of the century, if not the AFL era', whilst Walsh had the best first 50 games 'of a sample set of about 10 players who were drafted as midfielders with the number 1 draft pick'.

Back