Player Watch Nick Daicos - Can he be the GOAT?

Can Nick Daicos be the AFL's GOAT

• Yes

Votes: 83 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 277 76.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Bizarre to think but right now there's about 15 players across the league I'd take before Nicky boy. His teams drop in performance has highlighted his flaws tenfold and I suspect with the impending retirements of the Pies vets he's going to be exposed even more in coming years.

Bizarre to think but right now there's about 15 players across the league I'd take before Nicky boy. His teams drop in performance has highlighted his flaws tenfold and I suspect with the impending retirements of the Pies vets he's going to be exposed even more in coming years.

To me right now Daicos is very much a cream on top sort of player, and even though they are very different I had Cyril Rioli in the same category. Not a player you would pick if your side was bottom 4 and expected to stay there for a while, but the sort of player you would definitely pick if you were in the top 6 looking for a flag tilt.

To me right now Daicos is very much a cream on top sort of player, and even though they are very different I had Cyril Rioli in the same category. Not a player you would pick if your side was bottom 4 and expected to stay there for a while, but the sort of player you would definitely pick if you were in the top 6 looking for a flag tilt.
Agree. He'd be great for us right now but back when we picked Walsh he likely would have struggled a lot more than he has thus far in his career. Still very good but he's very reliant on others in games

His flaws were already known last year, great player no one is denying that but the goat? nope

No, I'm not.

I've said many times award votes are a guide - some players attract them more than others.

Martin wouldn't have been in the top 20 players across the home and away season in 2019, as indicated by his omission from the AA team.

A great finals series, and he leapfrog a heap of players, but there was far to much of a gap between him and the top few - Cripps, Kelly, Fyfe and Neale.
I love this from Fudge... don't consider the Norm Smith and Gary Ayres medal when judging Martin 2019... because award votes are only a guide and some players attract them more.

Also from Fudge, literally the next sentence... Martin didn't make the AA team, so do use those award votes as a good guide.

Hilarious stuff.

I love this from Fudge... don't consider the Norm Smith and Gary Ayres medal when judging Martin 2019... because award votes are only a guide and some players attract them more.

Also from Fudge, literally the next sentence... Martin didn't make the AA team, so do use those award votes as a good guide.

Hilarious stuff.
I know if we can't go off stats, if we can't go off awards, if we can't go off seasonal teams of years etc, how exactly are we to determine who is the GOAT in waiting ? Bloody confused to say the least.
Maybe it's just the vibe

I know if we can't go off stats, if we can't go off awards, if we can't go off seasonal teams of years etc, how exactly are we to determine who is the GOAT in waiting ? Bloody confused to say the least.
Maybe it's just the vibe
You use all the stats and awards to highlight the greatest players, then see if they pass the vibe check.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure on this comparison! Cyril's was tough as nails and a first rate tackler for his size. High impact, relatively low possession, virtually the opposite of Daicos. When fit, you'd pick him every time.

Not sure on this comparison! Cyril's was tough as nails and a first rate tackler for his size. High impact, relatively low possession, virtually the opposite of Daicos. When fit, you'd pick him every time.

He was definitely tough as nails, and I agree they are very different players, but they both feel like cream players, players you take if your team just needs that little bit extra to win the flag.

Cyril in a bottom 4 team just would not work as he was a low disposal player and playing mostly forward he would see even less of the ball in a team that could not get the ball to him.

Half back flanker as the GOAT.

Planet Of The Apes Laughing GIF

Flaicos might be a bigger flake in the contest than Jack Watts
It's concerning because hardness or effort Is not something that can be taught.

Think Jared Polec and Dylan Shiel. Both had/have potential to be insanely good

Maybe it's just the vibe
You can't because each period is different. Leigh Matthews played in an entirely different period where you could get 40 and 5. And where Dunstall kicked 16 goals. That hasn't happened for over 30 years.

im still yet to see anyone post Ablett jr single handedly win games like he did

Have copied the post below from the Dusty GOAT thread. Dusty was playing a practice match no less, and it is fair to say he didn't go eyeballs out in a marking contest v Gawn.

Interesting how Fadge has gone from thinking this seemingly half hearted effort from Dusty in a practice match was well worthy of scrutiny and comment, but we haven't heard a whisper from Fadge about his proposed GOAT Nick Daicos squibbing contest after contest in games for Premiership points.

1711245156731.png

Back